What do you do to relieve stress?

I know everyone gets stressed out about one thing or another in their lives. I was just curious about what you do to combat that stress and try to relieve it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I play music. I find drums work the best since you get to essentially hit things/make loud noises to get out your stress from the day. However, either guitar or bass helps too.

If the stress ends up creating an angry sort of response, I can play metal music.
    If the stress results in sadness, I can play minor chords and compose sad songs.

Essentially, the instruments let me direct the overflow of stress into the music as inspiration which helps free me of the built up crap. Plus, once I get a song idea or finish one, it leaves a bit of a proud "Yeah I did that" kind of feeling. 😅

• I really like this, it's a very creative and productive option!

Most Helpful Girl

• A few things:

Eat yummy food
    Watch funny videos on youtube
    Have a few beers or glasses of wine
    Masturbate (works like a chaaaaaaarm)
    Talk it out with a friend
    Go on a long ass walk while playing my favorite tunes in my ears
    Write
    Go out with friends to take my mind off of it.

To name a few.

What Guys Said 48

• read, play or listen to music, watch tv, have a drink, play a video game, go for a walk, meditate... lots of things i do to relieve stress

• Simple answer: wait.
    I usually try to sleep, or get exhausted and then lay down (I fall asleep faster when I'm tired). But sometimes I will just stay awake... so... since I'm awake, I do as much as I can to think about the subject that stresses me. If I think enough about it, eventually there will be nothing else to think about, I'll either come up with a solution, or I'll keep on thinking until it is no longer a problem.

TL;DR: Time heals everything

• Go out in the garage hit the punching bag. Rant to the wife about how life is bullshit. Cut on GTA and go on a rampage.

• exercise, bicycle, dirt bike, walk, talk to neighbor, brush the cats. guitar, meditate.

go out and dance.

• Best stress relievers are gym, nature, sex, music, reading

• Take a nap.
    Lay on my bed and listen to music.
    Go for a walk.
    Watch a funny show.
    Eat some sweet food.

• stress ahhh , tell me about it. i had tons of it all the day , every day. any way when it gets strong. i just have time out. means i forget about everything as long as it is not urgent. and relax , have some fun time if i want. then after i relax i think about what caused it. i try to find solutions. if it is solvable then i do it , if not means i have to forget about it. continues stress is a hell risk factor of major depressive disorder. so u have to break its cycle. even medications like anxiolytics can be used. under supervesion of course.

• I tend to take long walks or exercise or go to my sister's hose to play with her kids and the dogs.

• I often meditate while doing a breathing oversize. I find that my mind stays calm and feel more focused. I probably meditate for about 10 minutes, twice a day. Also i find that it reduces my stress level if i'm in a pressured environment. :)

• A hike in the woods, 15 minutes in the sunshine on an ocean balcony, a glass or two of red wine, listen to music in the dark, enjoy a simple but wonderful meal like dried fruits, blue cheese, exotic breads, special spread like fig walnut butter, date and nut cake, on a nice plate like I did tonight.

• I go to the gym and train real hard

• Train/bodybuild
    Smoke
    Write
    Walk
    Nap
    Fight
    Listen to music.

• No smoking please. It won't help at all.

• Sorry didn't know what stress was a few days ago. Not now but I think masturbation would be a better solution than fighting and smoking really. But ofc it might bring another problem out. Fighting and Smoking carries a chance of self hurt or harm to others. Fighting cause injuries or worse. Smoking brings cancer to you and harm worse to people around you. Masturbation might cause misunderstanding. To me it's a bad thing. I dk about others.

• @ForSafety Fighting also increases my skill in self defense to better protect myself, my family, friends and loved ones, the people I spar with is an ex military guy and a UFC style cage match fighter. They've been through far worse then me punching them in the face or kicking the wind out of them. It lets me hone my skill, it develops resistance to pain it forces the body and mind to adapt, to become faster.

I am more then well aware of the risks and the benefits far more informed then you are I've been smoking for many years. And the people around me don't care they like it in fact, also 2nd hand smoke causing cancer is a myth, it was debunked years ago a massive study was done and no link between 2nd hand smoke and cancer was ever actually found.

I appreciate the concern but don't concern yourself with things you know little about, I've been training and fighting for over 10 years and smoking for over 3 years.

• meditation (going to a quiet place and zoning out), doing hobbies and things that I enjoy.

• Drink beer, go for runs, have sex, smoke weed, masturbate, listen to music, go out on the highway and drive super fast, go gambling, eat your favorite food

• I work out, I run, beat on things with my hands, feet and swords. Seems to work for me.

• Run, exercise, meditate, watch a movie. ;)

• Play video games :D.

• gym
    reading a book
    listining to rock and metal music
    video games
    zoning out
    masterbation :P
    and may othe tthings

• I play a violent video game and kill lots of virtual people

• I hate myself. That helps.

• Workout , music , masturbation.

• mailbox baseball.

• hit the gym and lift heavy weights.

• Hot and wild sex... Movies... video games... exercise, or if all else fails. Masterbation to really good port (which is hard to find)

• Listen to the heaviest metal I can find.

• Mine is masturbating I do it a lot like sometimes allday it helps with my sever headaches as well along with the stress

• A nice hot bath with loads of bubble bath.
    Talk to my family.
    Listen to music.
    Go for a nice walk down the country lane where i live.
    Watch some television with a glass of wine.

• masturbation.

• Go wank off in a warm shower

• Listen to music, take long nature walks, and meditate.

I sound like a hippie.

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 39

• 1. Talking it through with someone I trust.
    2. Exercise
    3. Thinking of positive things in my life
    4. Praying

• I usually take the longest walk!

• I masturbate.

• I like to make perfect happy lives for my sims or harass my cat XD

• - Listen to music and sing along.
    - Read.
    - Talk (more like vent) to friends.
    - Get out into the sunshine if it's around.
    - Exercise.

• I just sleep. If it manifests physically, I get a massage.

• I shut myself in my room and watch YouTube videos (it's my version of television, which I do not watch). If I feel motivated, I'll edit my own videos instead. Basically, I ignore anything and everything I'm supposed to do. I'll ignore my school work, relationships, and life in general. I am introverted, so this method really helps me.

• Read, dance to music, go for a run or take a long shower and light some candles while playing some music.

• hmm i take a nap when im stressed maybe treat my self to my favorite snack

www.fritolay.com/.../...d-white-cheddar-cheese.png

• now when im angry i jog or do exercises and when im sad i like to take a nap or watch anime
      when im happy i do as i please

• stress relievers are:
    hot shower
    giving myself manicure/pedicure
    talking to friends
    talking to family
    dancing
    listening to music

• Dancing! Listening to music and dancing is a very good way to relieve stress and get your spirits back up!

• Read, or watch a really engrossing movie or tv show. Anything that requires my full attention or allows me to completely turn off my thoughts, even for a little bit.

• listen to music

• Taking deep breathes and finding something to make me forget.

• i turn up the music and drive

• I use music to block out stress. I just blare it loud and close my eyes until my mind is just blank of worries. Then I clean. I don't know why. I just do.

• punching bag

• Music, workout, video games, and comedy tapes

• I take a long walk alone in the woods. It's so peace & quiet.

• I put on my headphones, turn on relaxing music, lay flat on my bed, close my eyes, and enjoy.

• Workout or masturbate for the most part

• I just pretend that I'm not stresses and then I end up having anxiety attacks

• hike, listen to music, dance, write, gym

• nothing right now so I am a neurotic crazy bitch who needs a padded cell

• Gym, sleep, go out, listen to music, have sex, massage, yoga

• Listen to music or play the piano.

• Eat Sleep or Play, prefer play tho x

• Shower
    Sleep

• I usually just exercise :)

• Have sex or shop for new shoes

• More from Girls
    9