Your favourite Quotes :) ?

What are your favourite quotes, people?

Your favourite Quotes :) ?
I found this one today, and it is among my favourites now. Love indeed is all that.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are caught unprepared by a sudden rainstorm, you should not run foolishly down the road or hide under the eves of houses. You are going to get soaked either way. Accept that from the beginning and go on your way. This way you will not be distressed by a little rain. Apply this lesson to everything.
    -Japanese Proverb-

Ad Astra per Aspera

Absque sudore et labore nullum opus perfectum est

Are some of my favorites.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 32

• "You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

"First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die."

• I have loads of them but here are a few
    1. There is no past tense in loving someone, it's either you always will or you never did
    2. There is no good no evil, only success and power
    3. A man (or woman) in prosperity shows himself as he wishes to be seen and in adversity as he is
    4. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character give him power
    5. Life is a boxing bout on a chessboard (that's my own lol)

• Nice ones

And the last one is quite clever ^^

• Thank you, young lady for both your kind words and liking my opinion <3

I've always believed in the last one and coined it in my teens only to realize recently when I tweeted and pinned it as my top tweet that there is a game called chess boxing (cause someone with #chessboxing started following instantly) - did some research on that as well lol

• These quotes are all great, but I feel it is my obligation to mention the modern prodigy of philosophy since no one has yet...

Jaden Smith
    My personal favorite: "How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real"
    http://thekoalition.com/images/2015/06/g8G4wQg.jpg
    Truly fascinating.

• My most favorite

The symptoms of fascist thinking are colored by environment and adapted to immediate circumstances. But always and everywhere they can be identified by their appeal to prejudice and by the desire to play upon the fears and vanities of different groups in order to gain power.

Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.

- Henry A. Wallace, 33rd Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945

Second favorite...
    When your fate wants you dead, even the almighty leaves your side. The stick of truth turns to snake, to bite. And if you still chose to fight to survive, then devil's side is the only choice. Either perish or choose the sins, you wish to live with.
    - you won't find this on Internet.. I wrote it..

• The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you will find out why " by Mark twain

The truth will set you free but first it will make you miserable. Unknown

i dont know anything with certainty but seeing the sight of stars makes me dream. Vincent van gogh.

i'd rather be hated for who i am than to be loved for who i am not. "kurt cobain."

• "I needed a drink, I needed a lot of life insurance, I needed a vacation, I needed a home in the country. What I had was a coat, a hat and a gun."
    — Philip Marlowe, Farewell My Lovely
    ""A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running; I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds
    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." Martin Luther King JR.
    "A gentleman is someone who is never unintentionally" rude- Oscar Wilde

• :) great quotes

• Isn't that one of the creepiest things you've ever heard

• I guess it can be, considering it really happened later

• "Don't say stuff you can't take back"

(is this just people's quotes, or does it include movie dialogs? )

• it can be anything u want :)

I love movies, so go right ahead :D

by the way that is so true...

• I understood :D and I was also just adding a bit of clarification to it.

• "Relax. We're all crazy. It's not a competition!"

• "You know nothing Jon Snow" xD

Just kidding, there are many quotes that I like, but I never elected a favorite one.

• :) Yes, me too

You can say this is my favourite one, at the moment. It is related with recent events in my life haha

• "Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. Working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. Actually there are more cases where you don't. Even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least."

"... It's not over yet! Don't give up!!! There's no shame in falling down!!! True shame is to not stand up again!!!"

"They knew all too well that two people could look at the same set of facts and come to radically different conclusions. Such was the nature of intelligence work. Indeed, such was the nature of life itself."

"Nostalgia's fine, but I would rather deal with reality"

"My number one rule is, Hope for the best and plan for the worst."

"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite."

"Men store their love stories in separate folders, while woman just overwrite them"

"I see the world not as i would like it to be, but as it is."

• "My father is like a bear but I am more like... a duck."

"Really advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Train hard, fight easy"

"You don't know what you have before you have lost it all."

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election." - Otto von Bismarck

"I stay away from natural foods. At my age I need all the preservatives I can get." - George Burns

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it." - Mary Wilson Little

“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• "If I listened to the naysayers I'd still be in the Austrian Alps yoodling"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

That's a good one I just read recently

• Since mankind's dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We've seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.

• Mine is from a jack reacher book
    If you dont know reacher is an ex officer of a special mp devision
    The local crime bosses hired some third string college football linemen as enforcers and they pick a fight with reacher after he stirs up trouble with the bosses and before he fights them he tries to get them to leave and says:
    "You were trained to play a game and you werent even good enough to do that. I was trained to kill people. And i was the best at it"
    I was like..."badass" lol

Otherwise i heard some saying long ago that kinda stuck with me. Went something like "if your ever having trouble making it up the mountain, take a minuet to stop and think how great the view will be when you reach the top."

• 1|0
  • Get Your Game Face on Son

• You can learn more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation.

How sad never mind

Through play we learn to conquer the world

• "Life is all a compartment full of lies, or fist full of lies, or white lies, or bag of lies, or pile of lies, or a pack of lies, or component of lies, just a whole bunch of lies".

• "Attachment is the root cause of all suffering" :)

• Indeed

but unavoidable :) and necessary too, at times.

• yes, i still have to impress her. I will make breakfast for her then :)

• :) that's sweet

• I have to be honest, I'm always loosing my favorite quotes, and i forgot them...
    .. i suck : ( :p

I have my own... "Eat! Then think."

• haha

and yeah, me too :'(

We should save them somewhere, right?

• Or just tattoo them... they will never go away.

• the cloud

dont put anything in the cloud XD

everything gets even more lost in the cloud XD

fucking apple lol

• When life throws boobs at you, embrace them.

Okay , seriously,

"Stop saying "you don't always get what you want" , YOU go get what you want."
    -Dad xD

• “Was I addicted to cocaine? Absolutely not. I just really liked the way it smelled.” -George W. Bush

• really? XD

• Don't watch Jimmy Fallon and don't know who Bob Hope is so that joke did not work for me!

• Your joke worked here... Tonight's show with Jimmy...

• Don't have one but i Like this one

The best way to pay for an amazing moment - it's just to enjoy it.
    Richard Bach

• Probably something from The Court Jester. lol You've seen that movie, right?

• Actually, I haven't, but sounds like a good movie

• haha indeed

I dont have a problem with b & white though

Many people have and some won't even touch movies from the 70s, in colour

Just because they are old

Man, it's sad lol

• With less technology, people had to be more creative in media. And I say creativity pwns visual effects.

All of that is true for video games too, actually! I love so many classic games from GB to N64. Especially RPGs like Zelda and Golden Sun, both of which have puzzles, which seem rare in todays games. I just got the second Golden Sun,(having beaten the first, of course), and it's at least as fun as the first! (I still like Isaac better, but it's still fun.)

Anyway, in my opinion the most important aspect for any type of entertainment is replay value. I'm not going to buy super expensive movies or games that are only fun a few times at most. (Every Zelda game I've played I've beaten at least 5 times from start to finish! rofl)

• "We are the ones we've been waiting for"
    -Barack Obama

• Don't cry over spilt milk !!

• "Dont look backwards there isn't the way u are going"

• "life gives a chance to everyone, just wait for your turn"

• suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - Philip Defranco

• More from Guys
    2

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22