My question to religious people. Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't claim to know God's plan and reasoning, but here's my interpretation at least.

God tried having us live in a paradise once, with no pain, suffering, disease, death, or sin (Adam and Eve). Then after they disobeyed God and ate the apple, that was proof that humans will sin no matter what - even if we have everything we could possibly need. So clearly, that wasn't going to work.

So that's the main idea behind why we can't live in a perfect world. Because we tried it once and screwed it up lol. The other thing is, most pain and suffering in the world is caused by human sin. Which, some would say is caused by the devil, temptation and whatnot. But bottom line: God gave us free will. Therefore we are free to hurt each other. But we are also free to help each other, which many would say is God's influence on us.

Closing thoughts: heaven is said to be a place of God's presence. That's why it's called a paradise. No sin at all. Hell, on the other hand, is said to be a place of God's absence. That's why it's a place of torment - nothing but sin there. Earth is somewhere in the middle I suppose.

Anyway, that's just my understanding of things. If you'd like a real answer, I recommend asking your local pastor (who knows much more about the Bible than I do) haha. Hope I helped anyway!

• Nonsense. God screwed it up. Humans couldn't have screwed it up. They didn't exist in the beginning of history.

Most Helpful Guy

• Suffering leads you to turn to God for strength, it gives you spiritual growth as you endure the trials of suffering. Furthermore, suffering causes you to set your sights on eternity. This life as we know it will not last, it is a brief moment of suffering and then we move on to eternal life with the Lord. that eternity is without suffering, no more pain or sorrows.

Paul said that all the suffering in the world cannot be compared to the glory or our eternal life that awaits us. It's a consequence of sin that we must face suffering in this world, but God manages to use it for His good purposes and one day there will be no more suffering ever again.

What Girls Said 12

• Well... in terms of Christianity... because God is both good and evil. Even the Bible says so, lol
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    Isaiah 45:7

I thought that was obvious.
    Assuming God created all things, that means he could destroy just as much as he creates and since he is God there is nothing anyone can do about it.
    A lot of things are considered evil by humans simply because we die. If we didn't die and were indestructible we would consider a lot of things way less evil than we do now. It's about perspective.

• The suffering that we see in the world is precisely is what God said it would be without him. All the sufferings we see in this world are not caused by God It's caused by us. God is not trafficking children in the sex trade, people are. God is not sexually abusing women, people are. God is not selling drugs on the corners in downtown Toronto where I live, people are.

• It was caused by God. He created the system by which sexual abuse would occur. He created the system by which people would even conceive of using children for sex.

• I want to tear the god of creation down from his throne and cast him into hell. I don't want to "reach him."

• To teach naughty sinners a lesson!

... I'm atheist, I have no clue.

• Without darkness there would be no light...

• because this world was created in symmetry. There will be good and bad, there will be fair and unfair, there will be comfort and pain. One can't really exist without the other... its a comparison point. You know what a good day is because you've seen bad days. It's a harsh reality but we live and we die. Our existence revolves around symmetry.

• I'm not religious but one of my sayings on this Is that God cannot possibly be all good if he is all powerful, and he cannot be all powerful if he is all good.

• I have the same question as you.

• If there is a God, there most likely is a Devil too.

• Free will, in reference to people who harm others

• yeah but... if god is omnipotent, he could'e made the world so that we have free will, AND there's no suffering

• Because he wants to give you trials like that to see if you will stick by him.

• Well, in the Bible it said that God created peace, and created evil. He created light and dark. Therefore, there is a balance. I guess God thinks there must be some that have to go through pain and suffering, while others might not or not as much.

• Karma.

What Guys Said 7

• Because we are in life not in heaven and because god told us that life won't be easy so we aren't surprised actually he didn't promise a thing and didn't do

• My question to God:

Dear Lord, if you really created us all, then why are you testing us? Are we not predetermined?

Or r we like a test run for your new Nissan?

• God gave us a brain. Now some can use it well, while most are fools. God left us on our own, the world would loose all its meaning if some Almighty -if exists- showed himself.
    You can live a fun life or you can live like a zombie, your choice.

• Spiritual but not religious and fuck if i know,
    When I meet him, he and I are gonna have words

• I don't know you'd have to ask him that.

• he doesn't

• Stars do not shine without the darkness of the night.