Do you think alcohol creates fake confidence or it brings out the real you?

Here are some photographs a guy with a camera and a lot of free time took of people after 0, 1, 2, and 3 glasses of wine. What are your thoughts on the so called "liquid courage"?
Do you think alcohol creates fake confidence or it brings out the real you?
Sorry for the long post, here's a funny gif of guy falling head over heels for a girl he just met

0|0
16|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm honest intoxicated or not. And can lie intoxicated or not. Alcohol does make a person more social and free like no worries of what people think of them

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• a mix of both I guess.
    for me it helps a bit with my shyness and social anxiety... so on one side it helps to show my personality without shackles, on the other side it's not what I am on a normal day

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• so the "real" us = us laughing uncontrollably? lol

i don't think there is such a thing as being "real". people are who they are under different circumstances.

3|2
    0|0
    • I meant the "real you" as in someone who isn't hidden underneath layers of fear and self-consciousness

• I've never been drunk, so I couldn't tell you my personal thoughts. Maybe it's a combination of both. I read somewhere that we're the most attractive after one drink of alcohol, though, as a random comment!

0|1
    0|0
  • The wording, "fake confidence" is incorrect and misleading. Alcohol brings out a sense of false confidence. He further explained that neither the guy no girl is trying to fake it, fake their confidence. Rather both parties actually feel a sense of confidence that is false. They would imply that neither party feels confident but they tried to fake it. False means that either party actually believes in a sense of false confidence

0|1
    0|0
  • It him it's bring out what's inside you because what you do when you're drunk is what you're thinking sober.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well when it comes to hitting on someone you are interested in, alcohol usually helps. Just make sure you don't get sloppy because that is not attractive at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • More like shows how silly we could be.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think it brings out the real you. i got drunk an talked for 3 hours about how much i love One piece to my brother.

0|1
    0|0
  • If your under the influence of a substance I don't feel that's the "real" anything. So fake confidence is my answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like it brings out the real me. And takes away the negative stimuli that prevents me from expressing myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a lightweight, I think I'm the same 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Fake confidence

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no idea to be honest. I never drank before and don't want to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the true you

0|1
    0|0
  • A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither. It just makes me more spontaneous :D

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't drink so I've kinda always wondered what I'd be like drunk lol

0|1
    0|0
    • so youve never been drunk? xD

• Show All
    • hahahaha I make too many misguided choices sober. I don't even want to know what I'd do drunk lol.

• I like that quote, Asker.

@ Consultant I know how I act when high. I talk more and think less lol.

• They just look like models posing for shots, I have no idea if they're drinking or not.

Wish I could get that affected by alcohol after one or two glasses, I have to knock back about seven glasses of whiskey to even get halfway there.

0|1
    0|0
  • In vino veritas

0|1
    0|0
  • Fake confidence, but as far as true thoughts that does come out.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is a bit of a philosophical question... There's no right answer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Drunk words are sober thoughts

0|1
    0|0
  • that last girl seems horny after her second glass XD

0|1
    0|0