Do you think alcohol creates fake confidence or it brings out the real you?

Here are some photographs a guy with a camera and a lot of free time took of people after 0, 1, 2, and 3 glasses of wine. What are your thoughts on the so called "liquid courage"?
Sorry for the long post, here's a funny gif of guy falling head over heels for a girl he just met

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm honest intoxicated or not. And can lie intoxicated or not. Alcohol does make a person more social and free like no worries of what people think of them

Most Helpful Guy

• a mix of both I guess.
    for me it helps a bit with my shyness and social anxiety... so on one side it helps to show my personality without shackles, on the other side it's not what I am on a normal day

What Girls Said 15

• so the "real" us = us laughing uncontrollably? lol

i don't think there is such a thing as being "real". people are who they are under different circumstances.

• I meant the "real you" as in someone who isn't hidden underneath layers of fear and self-consciousness

• I've never been drunk, so I couldn't tell you my personal thoughts. Maybe it's a combination of both. I read somewhere that we're the most attractive after one drink of alcohol, though, as a random comment!

• The wording, "fake confidence" is incorrect and misleading. Alcohol brings out a sense of false confidence. He further explained that neither the guy no girl is trying to fake it, fake their confidence. Rather both parties actually feel a sense of confidence that is false. They would imply that neither party feels confident but they tried to fake it. False means that either party actually believes in a sense of false confidence

• It him it's bring out what's inside you because what you do when you're drunk is what you're thinking sober.

• Well when it comes to hitting on someone you are interested in, alcohol usually helps. Just make sure you don't get sloppy because that is not attractive at all.

• More like shows how silly we could be.

• i think it brings out the real you. i got drunk an talked for 3 hours about how much i love One piece to my brother.

• If your under the influence of a substance I don't feel that's the "real" anything. So fake confidence is my answer.

• I feel like it brings out the real me. And takes away the negative stimuli that prevents me from expressing myself.

• I'm a lightweight, I think I'm the same 😂

• Fake confidence

• I have no idea to be honest. I never drank before and don't want to.

• I think the true you

• A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

• Neither. It just makes me more spontaneous :D

What Guys Said 7

• I don't drink so I've kinda always wondered what I'd be like drunk lol

• so youve never been drunk? xD

• hahahaha I make too many misguided choices sober. I don't even want to know what I'd do drunk lol.

• I like that quote, Asker.

@ Consultant I know how I act when high. I talk more and think less lol.

• They just look like models posing for shots, I have no idea if they're drinking or not.

Wish I could get that affected by alcohol after one or two glasses, I have to knock back about seven glasses of whiskey to even get halfway there.

• In vino veritas

• Fake confidence, but as far as true thoughts that does come out.

• This is a bit of a philosophical question... There's no right answer.

• Drunk words are sober thoughts

• that last girl seems horny after her second glass XD