How do you turn down a girl you have no interest in dating nicely?

So this girl has recently taking a liking to me which is a little flattering yeah, but I'm just not interested in her when if comes to dating. As a friend sure, but nothing more. Admittedly I should have done something sooner when I kind of had an idea she was starting to like me, but I thought nothing of it at the time. I want to be nice about rejecting her because she does have a horrible past when it come to men and I mean horrible. Plus she's really nothing, but sweet and nice, I might actually date her if I was attracted to her. Anyway any advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her straight and don't beat around the bush it does hurt more when you have go into detail just rip it off like a Band-Aid.
    Tell her that you are not interested in a relationship with her ( make sure you add the 'with you' I can't stress this enough because if you say you don't want a relationship right now and then you start dating someone she will be like wtf) Tell her you like her as a friend but a relationship isn't likely and you're sorry if you have lead her on. ***WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TELL HER THAT THE REASON IS BECAUSE SHE IS UNNATRACTIVE*** Its so horrible and I would probably nut punch someone if they said that to me.

I would just like to add if you two get along well and she is a nice person, and you enjoy her personality why are you being so shallow? as friendships and relationships progress they become more attractive purely based on there personality. Don't be such a shallow prick.

• Firstly I want to say I do appreciate the advice and thank you. But I fail to she how I am being shallow just because I don't fine her attractive. I had lot of friends with who I enjoy the personalities of, but just don't fine myself attracted to.

• Well then I guess we differ on what's shallow and what isn't, but I will stand by what I think. I just don't see a relationship working when one doesn't find the other attractive.

• I do agree with what you have said if you have absolutely no attraction to this person it will not work out relationships whether we like to admit it or not are physical and without that physical attraction there you can't be intimate with one another. LIke you said too you need both physical and emotional attraction to someone and if you are not attracted to them physically at all then you will not be invested in the relationship therefore hurt her and waste your own time. I do however think you should definitely do what I have said and just rip it off like a Band-Aid waiting to long to tell her will do more harm then good especially if her feelings continue to develop.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm sorry, but I'm just interested."'

Honesty is the best policy. Though, if you need to wimp out a bit just say that you're already seeing someone.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Generally you let her know that someone else would appreciate her more than you would, which is true by the way, because if she is allowed to convince you to be in a relationship with her, you may not appreciate her and she will get hurt.

• Considering she has a bad history in relationships, shouldn't you tell her something asap? Don't lie to her about seeing someone else or things like that, just come out with the fact that you're not interested. If you don't say something sooner or later, you'll just be leading her on and that would suck for her a lot I guarantee.

• Yeah I tend to be the type of guy who tries not to hurt someone's feelings unless they just piss me off. Had hope it I paid it no mind then it would just go away.. I see how that was a mistake and will tell her as soon as I can.

• Have sex
    ...
    "I don't think we are sexuallt compatible "

• just tell her straight up