Do you ever think you will never be happy in life?

I do and I don't know how long I can keep dealing wih that.

bump

Most Helpful Girl

• I worry sometimes that I won't be happy. There are certain things in my life that I really want, but they aren't happening for me. I don't know if they ever will. But I also know that I don't know that they won't happen.

I really want to meet someone and have a partner. I've been single for a little while now, not too long. But I'm dating now and I'm having a hard time even getting guys to meet me for coffee. let alone an actual date. It makes me fear I will never find that.

So I am trying to figure out how to be happy with my life if I never find anyone. Just been doing things that make me happy, focusing on my interests.

The thing I like to remind myself when I get depressed or and feeling down is that this is a feeling that will pass. I won't feel this way forever. Do something I enjoy and usually once I get wrapped up in that thing, the feeling passes or has at least eased off a bit.

• Thars one of the big things that worries me.
      Its hard enough to deal with my depression when I was in a good relationship.
      I don't know if I could deal with this all alone

• @FatherJack

I can't say about had rought time post marraige or relationship as I had not experienced any of that before.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been happy , I have been suicidal and one thing I can tell you for sure is if you don't stick it in for the long run , you'll NEVER be happy.
    If happiness don't come to you , you go out there and FIND your happiness.

• Thanks for the MHG

What Girls Said 31

• Not sure; I try not to look for happiness in materialistic objects such as having a mansion or a nice car and newest phone. I would want to feel happiness with myself and how much I've accomplished like a career, concurring a fear, good education, good memories with everyone... basically just feeling like I've accomplished everything I want to do in life will make me happy... I'm 18 and not even close to what I want to accomplish! Want to travel the world, become a volunteer for helping third world countries, learn different languages and learn different things about the world! I got a long way to go... :P

• No. I think I am just at an awkward age. I'm 18, still trying to form a solid concept of myself (but I already have a pretty good understanding of myself and how I am), I'm still trying to start my life up (finishing college, starting my career, living on my own), and I'm still kinda trying to mature as a woman. I think the ages 18-22 for me are just naturally going to be a little awkward... I mean I'm just starting my adult life and I'm trying to figure out what's what from what. I do know what I want to do and I'm not confused about anything. I just think that I have to mature a bit more for me to be completely confident and happy... And that will take a few years.

• Me too. Message me if you need someone to talk to <3

• no i dont ever think that.

• I just hope I don't hurt myself.

• I'm happy right now. So, I'm chill. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm not gonna worry about the future. I just wanna live in the present.

• It feels like that sometimes, and then i realize I'm only 23 years old. I have, potentially, many years ahead of me.

Life is all about the pursuit of happiness. I'll find something that calms my soul eventually.

• I've found myself falling into slumps like that ever since a lot of bad things happened in my life in a short period of time. I shake myself out of it everytime, but it still keeps happening. I think what ultimately helps is solving some of the problems you face as both a means to motivate yourself that you can turn things around and also by reducing the stress level. Reflect on your situation and separate what you have control over and what you don't have control over. We have to accept what is out of our hands and focus on what we can do. Good luck!

• I wondered that from ages 15-25, and then I woke up one day and realized that I already had everything I had ever wanted (well, aside from some career aspirations). Life has just been getting better ever since.

• Aww waffy life is like a box of chocolates don't forget that i0.kym-cdn.com/.../happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

• No, I don't. I know I will find happiness, I just need to get out of the situation I'm in now.
    Then, I will be fine.

• Nah. I like my life.

• No because I try to be realistic, even when I feel blue.

• Sometimes yes. A lot of the time actually. Then I'll look over at my boyfriend and he'll smile at me and I'll realize that I'll be happy eventually, even if I'm not now

• All the time

• You're just being negative, once you see that things will change. wake up bud.

• some times I think that but I want to be happy so I try to keep hope in my heart even though it is hard

• sometimes. i try not to dwell to much on it.

• i've thought for most of my life that way. because i'd never felt true real happiness until like 2 years ago. and of course the taste was taken away. but to answer your question simply, yes.

• Gag is too slow for deep questions like these lol

• I'm not sure. I had depression since age 9 up to age 11, and I'm finally feeling 'okay.' for a longer while. However, I don't think depression ever leaves, because I'll still have breakdown moments and think negatively a lot because of the influence of depression at such a young age. Life is unpredictable, which it why it's so hard to accept it when something you didn't plan for happens. But, I'm young, and I've got plenty years ahead of me. I've got many ambitions, and want to do things to live the best life possible, since I'm not sure if I'm getting another one.

So, I think we can be happy. It takes a lot of effort, but it's possible.

• also ** feeling 'okay' sucks. It's not being happy but it's not bad enough to do something about it.

• Sometimes. But then I think about all of the good things in my life and that cheers me up :)

• I hope I will ☺️ I have hope things will get better 😘

• Happiness is an emotion
    All emotions are transitory.

• I did and I got past it. It's hard, it takes courage and lige changes and stepping out of comfory zones and learning not to care sblut a lot of things you used to be scared of, but it's worth it.

I hope you find happiness soon and believe you will if you look around you and search for it :)

• no i dont think i will ever be happy but cartoons and geeky things help the pain also a bit of cutting

• Yes. I used to be kind of happy and feel hopeful about the future. But since about 1.5 years ago I feel like you all the time. The only thing I really want in life, the thing that has been my dream ever since I was a little girl, will likely never happen now because a few things. Everything else doesn't really matter to me and I know for a fact I will never be truly happy if this dream can't come true. There is nothing else that can make me feel happy with my life. So everything feel pointless nowadays to be honest.

• Happiness is found within yourself, i am content i'll say this, you should hope that life last long enough for you to find happiness.

• This might seem like a hurtful thing to say rather than helpful at first, but stay with me okay? <3 : There is no finish line. Happiness isn't something you can achieve and from that point be safe and never have to feel awful again. Emotions are transient; there are always going to be ups and downs, and you'll always have to be working at caring for yourself. But you are much stronger than you think, more than strong enough to live through all of it. And I can guarantee that you are cared about: you matter, and there are always going to be people who want to help you. Nothing is ever going to be perfect; but there will be lots of times you are happy, and those are valuable, maybe even more so for not being permanent. I'm so, so sorry for how you feel right now. I need you to remember that this isn't permanent either; you will get to feel good again <3 . You are needed, and you deserve better, and you're going to get through this <3

• There's one place where you can be happy and that's called paradise.
    humans are greedy creatures they always relate happiness to certain things like " when I buy this phone I'll be happy , when I graduate I'll be happe , when I get a job , when I marry , when I have kids , when I get a car , when I go in vacation etc"
    all that is useless happiness is being content with what you already have and look at the people who have less than you ;)

You got to think and contemplate to come to this conclusion otherwise you will only get disappointed and even get depressed !

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 34

• that is a thought I've had. It is based upon not accepting what you have right now. Changing how you think will totally change your happiness.
    If you spend time in the past... thinking abotu what could have been or what you should have been, or time thinking about what you don't have, you will be unhappy.
    If you accept the good things you have right now and focus on those, appreciate the good that comes across, appreciate yourself, have a source of Love (like God primarily, or friends, family), you'll be happy. If you are happy just being with yourself because you like yourself, you'll be happy. If you have some goals you are moving towards and you can see yourself moving towards them, you'll be happy.
    People have survived some difficult times just by the way they thought about their circumstances (read about people who survived concentration camps as an example).
    Getting the right perspective makes all the difference in the world This may be painful to hear when you are depressed... when depressed, you just want to feel miserable. I get it. Just wanted to provide you light to find your way out of the tunnel.

• I do occasionally feel that way, but I have a set of goals I wish to accomplish in my life, and the motivation to go for them keeps me kinda happy! :)

• I've been happy since I met my wife.

• But the years I was recovering from serious surgery while learning a new job at university level weren't all fun.

• I'm confident that I'll achieve my goals in life, so no, I do think I will eventually reach happiness.

• Yep, been too long going without much success. I need to do the things I want. I feel that because I missed on so much and had such a bad time, not he worst life circumstance or anything, but just didn't have or experience what I wanted, I need to do what I want. If I don't do what I want then I will have hated/hate my whole life.

• Oh absolutely buddy, every minute of every day.

Shit job, shit personality, shit appearance, I'm fucked as far as I'm concerned.

• What's got you down anyway op? I see you're depressed a fair old bit on here

• Happiness is a state of mind you choose to be happy or choose to be sad I have PTSD and for me the best way get to a better state of mind in nature moutains coast Desert we got all these in Washington I don't know where your from but beauty and happenEss is every wear all you need is the right mind set

• Be happy no, but I do worry that I will never find love.

• Since my wife's death, there were times I thought I would never smile again.

I was wrong.

What are you doing with your life right now?

• Yeah, I think that a lot.

• I sometimes feel that way, but always know it's untrue. Same for everyone, or at least those who aren't trying to make their lives better.

• I admire the optimism. Just hang in there. You're 21. I'm 21.

I was told by 5 people, on different occasions, guys and gals, that 21-24 is when you start to figure yourself out and that by 25 you will lead a much more satisfying life, that is, if you stick to your goals.

Stay up,

• The few short times when I've truly felt happy in my life, something terrible would happen and rob me of that happiness. Leaving me with nothing.

• Yes, that's one of the things I often have to confront with depression.

• I gave up on the idea that I might be happy a long time ago.

• I'm at the point where I don't enjoy fun.

• Yes, when I think about my future and how my parents and others make me go to college and ruin what I really want to do.

• For me its almost a fact. I live in a shithole where its impossible to be happy (unless you are on drugs). On top of that I have awful luck. I never even had a girl. I was never happy and almost certainly never will be

• no I don't and I think you shouldn't

• I haven't been happy in years. I can't see myself being happy... ever.

• Of course not, there are lots of pleasures in life.

• i know the feeling. hell, most of the time i feel like a clone

• Don't say that your not happy about life you living it so don't worry be happy.

• Ignorant people are always happy. If you want to be stay ignorant. If you know what's really going on in the world you'll never be happy. I do and I never will be again. Not until a lot of things change. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

• I fucking hate what I've done with my life. So damn lonely. So much love to give but no girl wants me. Kinda wish I was dead at times. Not suicide or anything. Just kinda want to see if anyone would miss me. See if anyone, after a year or so, think back and say, "Damn, I wish he was still here. I miss him."
    Just want someone to love me.

• That depends, I'm happy about some things but not happy about my dating situation.

• For the most part, only attractive people will be happy. Not all but most of em

• I'm beginning to have serious doubts

• I have my moments but overall maybe maybe not

• Yes, I currently do. I hope life changes for the better where I can be happy again.

• More from Guys
    4