Do you read books?

I find life too short to read books so no.
I added rarely option for those who read like once per 2 years+.

• Yes
  • No
  • Rarely
Do you read books?*
I realized that i can read books! I'm reading you are your own gym by Mark Lauren, and i find it very interesting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love to read books. Life is too short to not read books. I have lived a thousand different lives and can escape from this boring world into another more exciting world.

• Lol life can't be short for not reading books for me, trust me i'd rather watch a movie than flipping pages for days.

• I realized that i can read books! I'm reading you are your own gym by Mark Lauren, and i find it very interesting.

• Good job we all have to start somewhere

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• I read a lot and honestly I feel like my brain processes written information in books still better as opposed to documentaries or movies so I actually prefer books when it comes to certain subjects that interest me but I mainly read for entertainment purposes anyways.

• YES I DO!

• Please apple! What was the last book you read? A question written in style of a syory here on gag lmao?

• hmm! Maybe!

• That won't be easy! Just pull the sword from the stone and tame the dragon, then lead a crusade and you'll be become a quawarrior.

• I do. I have to read a lot of literature for my studies, but I also generally just enjoy reading.

• "life is too short to read books" ? But it's not too short to spend time on gag?

• Yeah, I'm constantly reading, I love it! Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy

• How can you read 300 pages+? And how long does it take you?

• @Anno_Domini lmao that is too much, i can't even read 50 pages lol. 😂

• AK is 817, I plan on reading War and Peace and Les Mis someday too

• I love reading books.

• yea i read a lot, life isn't too short to read books unless u read like a turtle @ 5 words per minute

• Of course. You don't learn much watching tv and video games. Please open a book.

• I read a lot, I have to, cause of what i do, but i don't read books as in stories. Probably only max 8-10 books (childhood books not included)., 4 of them basically Fifty Shades.
    Damn, i need to read.

• I can read 10 books in a week

• I love reading books, I'm even in a book club.

• I love to read books

• Dont you get bored?

• Ummm one thing about reading is that you can imagine everything the way you want it. Even if we read the same book, you'll have another vision of things than me. I'd rather read the Harry Potter books 3 times than watch the movies. Books are awesome.

• Yeh that id one of the reasons i hate reading books. I remember watching Thunder jet when i was young for months, at the end they say the winner doesn't matter because both wanted to make peace. I hated it so much, let alone a book that i kept reading for days.

• Not as much as I used to

• I do, but know i don't really have time to read them..

• I do and often but I agree with you that there are plenty of things to do besides read books. I like books personally but whatever floats your boat.

• I love reading books

• Yes i read quite often.

What Guys Said 10

• I study English literature, so yes, I read lots of books. Films and books are not just entertainment for me, it's a passion. For example there are two types of people who watch films. Some people like to watch movies simply to get entertained. They would watch shallow action movies with lots of explosions or equally shallow romance movies with cheesy clichée scenes. Then, there are people like me. I like to watch movies that inspire me; movies that intellectually challenge me, that I can discuss later on with friends or relatives. People who fit into the second category usually also enjoy reading. Books are great because they can go so much deeper than a movie ever could. A typical movie has to come to an end after 2 hours or so, otherwise people will get bored. In a book, authors have the opportunity to outline stories in much more detail and thus make them richer. Also, written language can do things that pictures can't do, for instance explain the thoughts or emotions of characters. And finally, if well written, language can also be extremely beautiful. It's a wonderful way to spend time. No school lesson can teach you as much for the rest of your life as Mark Twain's "Huckleberry" Finn, John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath", Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" or even good old Shakespeare's "MacBeth" or "Hamlet".

• I read sometimes, not a reading junkie. Some people can read for hours upon hours. I read about one chapter and fall asleep in the middle of the day. I usually read when there's definitely nothing else I'd rather do. But I do find that now that I'm able to pick my own books, that reading has become more fun. No book reports or books for required reading

• I read on my phone while on the bus or train.

• Only for my career. Sooo... I guess I read educational books but not story books.

• life is too short to talk seriously about. and yeah i read books.

• no waste of time

• yeah reading has allowed me to aquire very good knowlwdge that has helped me in in the long run :)

• What knowledge did you acquire?

• knowledge of sports and fitness principles, sports phycology, biomechanics, phylosophy, human behaviour, body launguge and just fiction to help keep my mind sharp :)

• I read books sometimes need to read more thoughh

• Life is too short to be an ignorant illiterate.

• I'm going to finish reading In Search of Lost Time by Proust before I die. It's my goal.

• They are more intelligent than people who watch TV.

• Okay then.

• I sometime read book.