Tips for taking the drivers test?

I will be going for my test at some point this year and want to know what tips I should know before the test.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here make sure you do this and you'll be perfect... Check it out. The key things they look at

- as soon as you get in the car with the tester 1. Adjust your seat 2. Adjust your rearview mirror 3. And adjust your side mirrors 4. Flasher on then proceed
    - when you slow down by pressing your breaks, glance at your rearview mirror
    - turning right especially check your blind spot
    - changing lanes. 1 rearview mirror 2. Flasher on 3. Blindspot check 4. Change one lane at a time.. repeat 1-4 for every lane change you do
    - when at a stop sign, 1. Stop 2. Look left 3. look right 4. Look left again 5. Advance about 2-3 meters 6. Quickly look left and right again then proceed
    - if you approach a yellow light, dont burn it. Slow down and stop
    - in any parking lot- also the one you drive away from and drive back into - only go 15km or 7 miles about.. Max 20 Km think
    - when you stop at the end.. stop the car and pull your handbreaks up. Dont forget to push it down in the beginning if its up

- use a small car to make parallel parking easier and practice. You lose a lot of points if you dont get it right

Those are the key key points to rememeber. You do that garanteed you'll pass

Most Helpful Girl

• Relax. Practice driving. Practice switching lanes and entering the interstates. Thats where my instructor liked to take me. And dont worry if you get stuck. As soon as i started my drivers test i pulled off the interstate and tried to merge and nobody would let me in, resulting in me haing to almost completely stop on the shoulder. He didn't deduct points and actually helped me through it. Remember to buckle up BEFORE turning the car on , fix your mirrors, lock the doors, and check your surroundings. You should be fine if you are attentive!!

What Guys Said 8

• 10 and 2 for your hands, be easy on the pedals... oh and don't stare at the instructor/judge...

• Parallel parking sux. But I did just that using a tractor and trailer so you have it whipped

• adjust your mirrors and seat before driving. Check side mirrors, and middle mirror every 7-9 secs (For test purposes). Drive within limit or 5 below if anything. Make full stops and make sure to check each side before going (make sure to stop before the line every time.

Check both left and right and blind spots when lane changing. I'm giving you advice based on Ontario's g1 standards, I don't know how they are forsure where you are.

• The only hard part is parallel parking... You haven't taken your test yet? Damn!

• drive like it a driving video game

• Make sure your car starts, mine is hard to start I have to pump the gas pedal.

• don't be a woman... or Asian lol

general bigotry aside, dont get mixed up by parling lights and emergency lights or flashers, they re all the same thing.

learn to parallel park, its not so hard. I recommend general driving in reverse to get a better feel for space around your car.

And while not for the test, if you live in an area with snow and ice, learn how to drive in those conditions. I did this by going to empty lots and purposely loosing control of my car and learning how not to over react and keep from spinning and how to stop/ know when not to stop in the snow (I sometimes blow through red lights if it is bad enough and late enough with no traffic, cops would understand) If youd on't have snow and ice, be happy!

• Don't crash

What Girls Said 3

• practice practice practice when you are practicing parking use reflective windows to line up properly and reverse parallel parking is also something to practice

• make sure you check your rearview mirror and side mirrors... don't hit the curb when parking...

• Practice
    Don't be nervous
    Don't apologize if you mess up