After a break up do guys really do this? How do people react?

I have seen numerous pictures etc of after breakup and I was wondering if they are true. Like the first week girls are upset and guys are ok and then the next few weeks you see guys upset and girls starting to become ok. Is this true. Not saying it is but wondering if anyone has experienced that. Going through one now and wondering if he is upset or thinking of me. He initiated contact first the other day.
Example: Not saying this is true

Most Helpful Guy

• In all honesty I would say it has everything to do with what led to the break up as well as how the break up took place. For me the few break ups that I acually did grieve , I did it while fighting to save it from reaching that point. So when the end came I walked away a free spirit with no regrets and never shed anymore tears

• Ours was on the phone which I was mad at and to tell you the truth i did not see it coming. We were happy and then all of a sudden one day he fell into a lot of stress secluded himself away and then when he broke up with me he said he was not feeling what he thought he should, that he also felt like we were not growing closer and it was him. So im not totally sure how he is feeling. He contacted me the other day. Maybe he is getting upset or thinking he made a mistake im not sure

• Okay :) He texted me Friday which was a week after and wanted to see how I was doing but it was really late at night and I didn't answer until the next day. I saw he read it the day after but never responded so we will see. For some reason in the pit of my stomach I feel like we are unfinished eventhough that sounds cliche

• You never know , maybe he was just going through some crap and just didn't want you dragged into it

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't seem to break up with a guy without him crying. The kinder I am too him the worst it is. Break ups are hard. 😞

What Guys Said 5

• its not exactly right... depends on the people and who broke up with who. your scenario looked like it was the girl that broke with the guy...
    any girl that breaks up with me... better damn well know i will be with someone she knows.. probably immediately. There are a lot of fish in the sea... if she doesn't want me, i can easily find someone that will.. im not bothered. i can accept the first two guy pics (there is a mourning period)... but I've never been the third.

• I did not think it was right, but maybe to some people some of them might be. Im going through a break up now. It was him that broke up with me. Right now i am really upset but have not contacted him and trying not to think of it. He initiated it the other night and asked me how I was. I responded yesterday but nothing from him yet. Not sure what he's going through or how he is feeling, and I don't know what phases guys go through

• we go through the same phases as you girls but we don't think as long. we just find another. and so should you darling.
      break ups are hard... if you have dated as much as i have you would know... its never easy.
      just know you will never get back again, just take it as a "learning" experience and move on.

• I'm like a woman according to that chart. I may cry or feel bad the first couple days but if I don't reach out or make up somehow in a month i'd be dating and possibly balls deep in the next girlfriend

• I hate this picture, it's not true

• it's generally accurate.

girls move on quicker.

• because they're more open to talking about their feelings.

• Well right now, I am upset but not trying to think of it. Like i said above not sure how he is feeling as I have not talked to him besides when he initiated the text of " wanted to see how your doing"

• well y'see here you are talking about how you feel... =P

what exactly is your concern.

• The "In A Month" picture started from the First Day for me and was there for 12 months.

What Girls Said 2

• My ex was the bottom pic from the moment it ended :P

• That's a lie