Rate this Mythological Creature: The Vampire?

A being from folklore who subsists by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures. Undead beings, vampires often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighborhoods they inhabited when they were alive. They wore shrouds and were often described as bloated and of ruddy or dark countenance, markedly different from today's gaunt, pale vampire which dates from the early 19th century.

The charismatic and sophisticated vampire of modern fiction was born in 1819 with the publication of The Vampyre by John Polidori; the story was highly successful and arguably the most influential vampire work of the early 19th century. However, it is Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula which is remembered as the quintessential vampire novel and provided the basis of the modern vampire legend. The success of this book spawned a distinctive vampire genre, still popular in the 21st century, with books, films, and television shows. The vampire has since become a dominant figure in the horror genre.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 I like Vampires a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like Vampires
  • 1/5 I hate Vampires!
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

• Vampire's are LEGENDARY! Nothing can top them EVER! they haven't gone out of style for centuries now, this is an unfair post hahaha I love vampire's and werewolves as well. Vamps can SUCK & Lycan's can F*** u like an ANIMAL😈 Mwahahahahaa that would be one epic MFM 😂😂 why am I so weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted C only because the original vampire (originating in balkans lore) is not what is overly represented today. The original was just a zombie (romero zombie not voodoo zombi) who was a picky eater. Also in the lore they had a tendency of trying to seduce their wives creating the dhampyr, half human half vampire offsprings (said to have no bones, black hair pale skin and having no shadow). Though to be fair they could be paralyzed with a stake of hawthorn, couldn't cross running water and couldn't enter a home without permission (which is why they usually killed the people that new them best in life because they where the only ones foolish enough, to welcome back a dead loved one). So ignoring all the overdone vampire stuff today I would say a 5(but as per usual, I am bias).

What Girls Said 15

• 3/5 meh they're ok

• The lost boys
    Interview with a vampire
    Buffy the vampire slayer
    Let the right one in
    Early true blood

... so yeah I guess I like them. Probably just depends on the lore. Of course now the monster of the decade is zombies..

• I have always been fascinated by vampire lore. There are so many different variations, I dig it. I prefer the more "scary" types, like Nosferatu, the ones from 30 Days of Night, etc.

• 4/5, obvs :P Who doesn't like vampires.

• I like some of the movies about Vampires, but they are not really among my favorite creatures... they are ok, nothing special.

• I just had a dream last night that had something to do with vampires and this question shows up, spooky.

I like playing as one in Skyrim, every time you step into the sunlight the sound that happens always makes me cringe. :D

• They are up there.

• i liked them back when they were purely evil, nowadays they seem to be preoccupied falling in love with humans :/ i like evil creatures staying evil please

• You know where my vote goes. 😏😂
    #TransylvaniaFTW 💪

• Vote B = An appreciative 4/5 = big fan right here.

• I think it would be cool to let a vampire drink my blood.

• My favourite!

• I voted A as this is my top fave

• I don't like them cuz they bite on the neck and I'm sensitive there

• they're kewl but the ones you uploaded are ugly as fuck.

What Guys Said 13

• I loved the depth of lore in Vampire: The Masquerade. Everyone thinks of them being Bela Lugosi going around saying 'blehhhh I vant to bite your neeeck' or, in contemporary times, sparkly pretty boys.

I also find the means of becoming a vampire interesting in the way it varies (the same as the different ways zombies are created). V: TM has the embrace, in which the victim is drained of their own blood and then given a small amount of the vampire's; the Elder Scrolls games have it in the form of a contagious disease (caught by contact with vampires) that can be cured if treated quickly enough. Twilight does it like lots of other classic stories, with it being transmitted by a bite, and I remember reading one story where the need for blood was due to a component that vampires' bodies didn't produce for their own blood, and hence needed the blood of humans.

Oh, and if you're bored, check out LAST BLOOD - it's a webcomic where vampires are forced to protect the last human survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Without being too much of a spoiler, the apocalypse started when a vampire was thrown in a sealed casket into the ocean, and going without feeding for so long transformed them into the first zombie.

• I don't like vampires, never really liked them :/

I see the Twilight effect is still affecting women hahahah XD

• Thank you for not adding that sparkly piece of shit that some girls masturbate to while pretending he's a vampire. If anything he's tinker bell with fangs. :v

Yup I like vampires, been accused once of being one. But I think that girl is a few marbles short of a full bag so yeah Vampires are cool.

• They are kinda interesting characters, I like horror movies with Vampires.

• I like the old school vamps, you know the ones that will make you shit your pants when you see them. I hate modern vampires and how romanticized they are

• If I were a vampire it'd be cool I'm up all night anyway, like to party and dance and i'm not afraid of period sex, maybe I'm a vampire already lol

• I put I don't really like vampires only because I really wouldn't want to meet one in real life. They can be fun to play as or against in games, and are hard to defeat as they suck the life essence out of living beings.

• these are my fav after Lycans love lycans due to few good movies like dog soldiers and werewolf in london :)

• 5/5.

• I like vampires
    As for that Third Picture
    Ravenloft is fucking awexome

• Nah, they look stupid and not even scary. 0/5

• My name is casstiel I'm an angel of the lord. I can kill those creatures 😆

• whatevuh. team canis ftw.