When you're wrong, do you admit it?

can be anything from a simple debate where you fabricated a statistic and got fact checked... to being caught cheating by your girlfriend.

do you own up to your mistakes? do you acknowledge your oversights?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• OF COURSE, man, immediately! I did that like 2 days ago, here. I doubt you care to see it, and I don't care to show it I was pretty well in the wrong w/a BS post that I honestly don't remember posting to an amazing gal! But I manned up and publicly apologized while punching of the little A-holes around me all the while! It's somewhere in my 1 to 2 day old history (and I don't post much) I did it, and so I take it like a man! Pretty simple!

What Girls Said 28

• Usually, yeah. Actually, I probably apologize more than I should. I'd rather clear the air and have things peaceful.

• It depends. Usually yes, but other times I can be so caught up in myself that it takes the other person to explain their perspective in order for me to take a second look at myself and realize where I'm in the wrong. When that happens a really good discussion arises and solves whatever the issue is, but on average I would admit beforehand.

• I usually always do, but I get annoyed when I know I'm correct and people start claiming I'm wrong just for the sake of arguing.

• Maybe not right away but eventually..

• Yes I do! lol I hate it. But my mom is always right! lol She knows me more than I do.

• mostly yes. sometimes, no, out of ignorance. I'm working on it.

• I do. It's better to come clean on things than to be overrun by guilt.

• i prefer to. because i feel pretty ridiculous finding out i just said something absurd. inadvertently. especially if i was adamant about it. smh

• Yes I do... And I apologize for it.
    Ego is not worth something worth.
    :)

• It depends about the topic and who the person is.
    If I'm arguing with my boyfriend and I am wrong, yes I will admit it and apologize.
    If its something stupid with my siblings or something, nah. hahahah

• If the person pisses me off to greatly heights then I don't want to admit it. Since I don't want to give them any kind of satisfaction about it.

Now with people who don't piss me off, I will admit when I'm wrong.

• Yes, most times. I may as well.

• Usually, I think. It's been a while tho. 😊

• Most of the time but it's very annoying when you know you're right about something and someone still argues with you.

• I will 98% of the time admit If I am wrong the other 2 % I'll fight till death to prove I'm right lol
    (I Would never be in a situation I would have to own up to cheating I'm not that kinda girl)

• I admit my mistakes even when I'm not wrong.
    #doormat 😕

• yeah, if i'm wrong just let it go nd learn from my mistake

• INSTANTLY with immediate apology :)

• 98% of the time I'm always right, but when I'm wrong I admit it.

• Sometimes if I'm wrong I usually cuss lol

• Yes, privately.

• yes I do

• When I lose interest in the situation I'll admit I'm wrong.

• I admit it and apoligize.

• Yes always, but I pout about it

• Sometimes, I mean if I made a mistake to hurt someone else then yes always but if it's just a small thing then I don't feel like it's worth it

• Well sometimes I do. One time there was a song playing on the radio and I was like this is that song called blah blah then my cousin was like no it's called something else then I was like lets shazam it, then a minute later I found out I was wrong so I told her the song didn't come up on Shazam.

• Yes. I apologize and learn from my mistake.

What Guys Said 23

• yeah d00d. usually right after I say DAMIT.

• usually. i've worked hard to be better about admitting it. sometimes i need to sort of sleep on it but I always will admit when i'm wrong at some point wtihin a short period of time

• I often admit that I'm wrong / incorrect. I don't see where it could be nearly as bad as allowing pride to hide a lie or lack of truth

• Yes, I do. I'm not perfect. I try to be honest with people and especially with myself as much as possible. I used to be dishonest, but I didn't like living that way. That's why I changed my ways. Now, it just makes me sick to my stomach - literally - if I'm tempted to be dishonest.

• I feel unusually guilty about the things I do wrong, so I have to apologize or admit I'm wrong, even if the other party doesn't care anymore.

That's truer for people I don't know too well, though. With family and close friends, I have a harder time admitting I'm wrong.

• Yeah, because if I'm wrong and then argue thinking I'm right I'll look like even more of an idiot.

• When I am legitimately wrong yes I'll admit it, but otherwise no.

• Sometimes. If think someone was really hurt, I try to sum up the courage. Sometimes I one has to let some things fly because it is not worth the time, or one has to "let it go" sometimes, as that can be just as tough as admitting a mistake.

• I hate being wrong, but I'm pretty good about admitting my mistakes.

• If I was ever wrong I think I'd admit it.

• Absolutely. Every time. I endeavor to be not an asshole.

• yeah. i actually did that on here many times.

• yeah if some one can prove me wrong logically with facts i can and will admit it, i know thta i am only human :)

• usually I do.

• Yes I do. But only if there are actual facts about me being wrong. If it's an opinion based thing I will never admit defeat.

• Always. It's my mistake and I must take responsibility for my actions when I make mistake.

• Yes. Though there are times where it takes longer for me to realize that I'm wrong.

• Yeah for sure

• I've been practicing lying a lot lately not about everything

• Yes. But people would say no, because I refuse to stop if I don't think I'm wrong.

• Yes, always.

• I would gladly admit to being wrong were that to ever happen.

• No being right is all that matters.