Do you own a GUN?

If it's illegal where you live, would you own one if it wasn't illegal?

Do you own a GUN?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's legal where I am, but I don't want a gun in my house.

What Guys Said 60

• I fight with my bare hands like a man or die trying. It's kind of a pussy move to produce a weapon unless the other guy produces a weapon of equal or greater force first, in my opinion. If you keep one in the house to hold your shit down, that's cool I guess, but I always feel like the people most worried about that live in the countriest places, like "who the hell do you actually think is going to run up on you, bro, you live in Hickville, USA"😂😂😂 I used to live in the hood in a major city, what exactly do YOU need a gun for that I didn't? I can't even imagine, haha. The thing that blows my mind about guns, whether you like them or not, is that, if used properly, the only thing you need it for is defending yourself against... wait for it... OTHER PEOPLE WITH GUNS!
    media.giphy.com/media/5aLrlDiJPMPFS/giphy.gif

Like where is the sense in that? I'm not saying they should be banned or anything, but I think it's unfortunate they were invented, and now we're left to deal with cycles of stupidity like this. And speaking of banning guns, note to rednecks: NO ONE IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS, BRO. Do think they'll just go door to door and take them away? You're a resident of Bananaland if you think that. There's a guy in my town who has this huge decal over his entire back window of his pickup truck (obviously he drives a pickup because OF COURSE HE DOES😂), and it's two armed soldiers running with their guns over an American flag backdrop, and it reads "If you come for mine... you better bring yours."
    Excuse me for a minute...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂... ok, I'm done. So--wait, nope...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    OK "Rambo", that evil tyrant Obama will skip your house when he personally comes for your guns🙄😒😂 What fucking planet am I on?

• I couldn't agree with you more dude, respect 👊🏾

• @sluggognatface thats what my dog is for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @SleepingSnorlax Good and I am glad you are a responsible gun owner. Too many people just leave them lying around loaded. Cheers

• I own many guns. I've been shooting since I was 5 and its my passion. I also do all my own reloading which I enjoy as much as shooting. Both reloading and shooting are things that are precision based and can be tedious if you want to make it that precise which I do. There's been nothing that has helped me and taught me more about different disciplines in life than shooting and guns. They teach respect, how to be responsible and just good old fashion discipline. When I was in high school and a few years after, I made the state trapshooting team and was the 7th highest average state wide out of around 3800 shooters. I tried out for men's trap for the Olympics and met Kim Rhode who won gold at the 1996 summer games in Atlanta for women's double trap. I shoot an average of once a week and enjoy every minute. I shoot rifles, pistols and shotguns. I also carry a concealed handgun almost all the time and have taught and help teach self defense classes. There's nothing I like more than shooting riding my quad comes close but not quite.

• And, by the way, most people in the u. s. know nothing about guns or gun laws. They get their info from movies which are wrong about guns nearly 100% of the time. I've owned a gun shop so I had to be intimately knowledgeable about guns and gun laws. Even when you try to explain either one, they refuse to believe you. I guess having a closed mind is easiest, knowledge is too hard to store in your brain lol.

• I have a couple, but they wouldn't really be useful. Most of them are REALLY old and borderline useless. Just paperweights. I do have a revolver, but it's a family heirloom, so I won't be using that one.

I figure if I get mugged or robbed, I'll just turn to the guy and be all "nah, bro." Then he'll be all "okay, that's cool".

If that doesn't work, then I'll use my Scottish Claymore...
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../...Albion_Chieftain)2.jpg

Yes, I really have one...

• I have a rifle because I was in the military in Switzerland but I keep it stored away in pieces. I don't think owning a gun is a great thing, there are rare cases where a gun can actually do what all the gun nuts think it should and protect you from some bad guy. But more often, preople think they'll be Rambo but somebody in their family accidentally dies.

You just have to compare the U. S. to any other country with stricter gun laws and you can see it's not a good thing to have tons of guns everywhere. Guns are dangerous as fuck and humans make mistakes, it happens all the time in th U. S. some kid finds a gun and shoots a sibling or a parent or themselves by accident. Some guy isn't careful and shoots a friend or his child.

Everybody thinks they're so responsible and professional but a lot of people aren't or it was just one slipup after a 1000 times where they did everything right. I'm not afraid when I don't have a gun because most people don't have one here so it's not a big deal. I feel very safe without a gun. Also I think if a guy is trying to steal something from your house he deserves to be arrested not shot.

Self defense laws seem super fucked up to me in some states in the U. S. In Switzerland you're only allowed to use deadly force against someone if they're going to kill or severly injure you or another person in the immediate future ( like a few seconds). Otherwise you will go to prison. If a guy breaks into your house unarmed you shoot him you go to prison, if he's running away and you shoot him you'll probably get 20 years.

Breaking into a house and illing someone are crimes not even in the same league I don't see how one justifies the other. These laws only seem to encourage people to use more violence and give people excuse to shoot somebody.

• I own a permitted caliber with a permit. Rest I am not answering apart from the fact that carrying one with a permit is legal :D

• it's legal where i am

i do not own a gun

• Have kept my shotgun licence renewed, but the actual firearm is back at the family home, wouldn't be allowed it in the city i don't think.

If it was legal to have handguns, i'd definitely keep one in the house somewhere, but i disagree with anyone needing a 30 round automatic rifle for "self defence".

• I do not. I would like to though.
    And if I had training with one, proper storage for one, and the ability to buy one, I would own one, even if it were illegal, because I believe in the personal right to self defense, and screw any law that says I can not protect myself, or have the means to do so.

• Nope, first of all it's not common in Belgium and subject to obtaining a licence first.
    And secondly I wouldn't want the responsibility. Even if I wouldn't do anyone harm except the ones who posed a big danger, imagine the weapon would fall into the wrong hands... no thanks :o

• Obama can't take these guns *flexes* 💪💪💪

• i might have one somewhere.. ;)

• yes.

• I own lots of guns. Handguns, shotguns, ar15's, AK's, etc. My favorite is building AR15's from parts, lots of fun.

I live in California USA, so perfectly legal.

• Most of my guns are just for fun, but I do keep a handgun in a quick opening bedside safe, I have a Glock 29 for protection when backpacking, and a couple EBR's are set up for the unlikely event of worst case WROL.

• We do own a weapon but I don't own a firearm personally yet though, not yet anyway that will change soon though. I do however own several weapons in the form of blades, staffs and the like.

• Yeah, I got 2... one I have in the house and the other I walk around with. :v
    Both are deadly lol. Ok Ok, enough dirty jokes for today XD

By the way, for some of the commenters, who the hell robs anyone WITHOUT a gun nowadays? Think about that when bringing your 'fists' to a gunfight LOL XD

• It's legal where I am.

I don't own a gun for reasons related to psychological health, but if I didn't have such problems I probably would.

• I'm English. We use stern words here :D

• yes it is legal here and yes i do
    with the crime rate in my area doubling since last year i keep next to my bed
    big dog first deterrent, gun second

• Yep, as of right now a shotgun and a handgun.
    As much as I love my Sig, it disappointed me cause of my magazine catch issue...

• No, it's illegal in the UK. I think you can own one that is kept at a gun club, or you can get a licence if you live somewhere isolated like a farm.

I don't think I would have one even if I could. If you keep it locked away, then it's not going to be much use. But if you don't lock it up, then there is a chance that someone (child, drunk, pissed off idiot) could end up doing something stupid with it.

• Not in the UK where I moved as it's illegal here, but I used to have an AK-47, a German Luger and a few other less famous ones.

• No I don't and I don't plan on owning one. I'm not paranoid nor do I need to compensate for lack of self esteem.

• now NO but I owned it when I was under 10. where I come from everyone has a gun. I are taught to shot a gun before we are sent to school. so yes I'd own it again.

• Legal here and I'll never own a gun, I'll protect my home/self with my bare hands. Like I just really don't see the appeal of them.

• No. I don't need or want on.

• Not yet but I'm considering buying Glock 19.

• Good choice. I own a 17C, 26, and 29, but I would rather have a 19 over the 26.

• @SüßeJäger
      My dad had a Concealed Carry license in new mexico.
      He passed the background check wiith flying colors considering he was an active duty air force engineer with a TS clearence working with sateliites and missiles.
      He gets to Massachusetts, he was told not to move his.357 unless he is moving out of state

• @Waffles731 isn't that stupid? He handles missiles and weaponry worth millions that could wipe out several city blocks but he can't carry a pistol to protect himself and his family. I'd leave that state so fast. There's nothing that would keep me there for any reason.

• Yes, it's only got a 15 m range... But it's enough to blast all that water on you xD

• in germany the murder rate is 0,8 per 100.000 persons
    cause its iliegal to own now unlike US which they kill in school
    no i dont own one and i dont need one?
    Why do you have one?

• Will soon 💁

• It's illegal in Holland too. if i was allowed to have one, i probably still wouldn't want one. i am interested in going to a shooting gallery sometime, because i am curious in what it's like to fire one, but i don't want to own one.

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 35

• I'm probably gonna get a handgun for my birthday since it's the big two-one and that means I'm finally legal! It's not really for protection or anything like that, (maybe if I go on backpacking trips in the mountains I'll take it) it's just that shooting is a very popular sport around where I live and I love the challenge and feel of a handgun as opposed to a rifle. It makes me feel more badass I guess.

• I grew up with guns in my house. My dad had many, many guns and I learned to shoot them all. He called me a natural but I don't think I'd want one in my own house. Too many horror stories of something going wrong.

• I grew up in a house with guns too, both handguns and rifles. I was taught at a very early age to never touch them unless my dad was there. As a teenager, my dad would take me out to the range and let me shoot with him so I am familiar with the safety aspects of having a guy. I would feel more protected knowing that there is one in the house and would consider owning one.

• It's legal where I live, but I don't own one. I would like to own some cool ones someday though. My dad has a collection of firearms so I've grown up around them and shooting, too. It's fun, so maybe someday.

• It's legal here if you have a license.
    My dad does and he owns 2 but I personally don't although I know perfectly well how to shoot with both shotguns and smaller guns.
    I hate how gun laws in America are so nonexistent by the way.

• That's not true, most people just choose to ignore them

• Girl, you have been proven wrong with pretty much all your arguments. You just choose to ignore them as well as me asking you the key question: "So how exactly would stricter gun-laws reduce gun-violence when those who are violent with guns are majorily those who do own illegal guns? I really don't see it, so I would like you to explain me."

Trying to defame me as a pro-gun person will not change anything there. Therefor I am out. I prefer to talk to a wall than someone who is incapable of engaging into a intellectual debate.

• @FakeName123 "Buyers that purchase firearms through private sales in the U. S. don't have to pass a background check before obtaining possession of the weapon. This includes sales to criminals, felons, and people with a history of severe mental illness."

That's the problem right there, but of course the laws are so flawless and a law that would prohibit private people from selling guns or at least require them to perform background checks before they sell guns wouldn't change a thing, right.

And you're right, this conversation is pointless because you wouldn't agree with anything I say anyways - just out of principle because I'm so intellectually incapable of a discussion :)

• If it's illegal where you live, would you own one?
    HELL YES! Chances are they will be doing me bad WITH a gun!
    Proof: pick any "illegal" area and subscribe to SpotCrime. com news, search for "Shootings" = OMG, how DID they get guns? (duh)

would you own one if it wasn't illegal?
    HELL YES, have many, some serve as both hunting/sport + defense

Everyone should have a 12g shotgun and research best ammo for their situation for home defense.
    Always travel with pepper spray and any sort of concealed gun in order to get away from bullies.

• I'm sorry, but I can't agree. I would actually be more comfortable getting shot rather than shooting.

• What the hell? No, I'm not trying to fight, I was just saying that I do not believe tha what you're saying is applicable to me! I've already posted my opinion as a public answer, then I read your opinion and posted a reply. It this how you usually react to disagreement?

• You don't answer questions well = F
      You do want you want, step on toes & other opinions and wonder "what the hell?"
      You'll not go far in this world

• No I don't!

• I do, I would - and I know how to use it.

• I don't have one but my dad does.

• Personally? No. But my dad has quite a few in the house.

• Yes it's legal where I live. My family owns around 14 guns, 2 swords, and many knives because my dads hobby is blacksmithing.

• No. I don't think I ever want to.

• Nope. I do not own a gun.

• i do indeed have a gun

• Yes. And id own them reguardless of the legality.

• I don't have one. I live in Canada lol.

• Yes it's legal here I'm licensed & I own a few.

• No = I have waaaaay too many anger issues to want to own a gun.

• I own not only one, but more than three.

• Yes is legal, I am licensed and trained owner

• No. I don't think I would want one if it were legal either.

• If I could yes but no one would be stupid enough to sell or give me one

• I own some.

• Nope, maybe one day though.

• No I don't

• Illegal but I wouldn't own one either way.

• I dont own a gun... but want to get one and start shooting really bad. If it were illegal i would still get one by the way.

• My parents have a few between them.

• No & No.

• I do not own gun

• More from Girls
    5