What is jail like?

Spending this weekend in jail for a DUI charge. Living in a state that makes you spend some time in jail for your first offense.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends a lot on the jail. Like an urban city jail will not be the same as a small town jail. Overall, local jails not usually bad. It's just boring and you can't leave. If it's a small town jail the people will be pretty normal. You wouldn't know the difference between them and regular people you meet. An urban city jail might be a little more hard core, but still not bad. They won't bother you or anything.

Just be yourself and don't worry about it. Talk to people. Play cards. Take naps. Do whatever to pass the time.

The food may suck or it may be good. Some of the best hamburgers I ever had were in jail. In a small town jail they probably won't have their own food preparation, so it'll probably be catered or takeout form some local place. The coffee will probably suck though. Breakfast will probably be something like donuts, which you dunk in the coffee to sweeten it with the sugar from the donuts. It'll still taste like shit though. But drinking shitty coffee is not as boring as sitting there doing nothing, so it's something to do.

The other people in a local jail will probably be there for minor stuff. Not likely to be felons or anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in jail two times before. It's boring and in my experiences. I wore an one piece jumpsuit that makes it hard when you're need to use the toilet. The food sucked and the cell was tiny. Only a weekend, you will be in and out very fast.

What Guys Said 16

• Oh honey, the inmates are gonna love you!

• boring.

usually they have TV to watch for the group cells. breakfast is early 4-5am lunch is around 10.. and dinner 3-4pm. the toilet iss out in the open w/ a waist high barrier to block pplz view (ineffective).

the jailers are dicks... lots of people are gonna be coming and going.. dui's usually spend 12 hours min. then released. dwis 24hrs (atleast in cali)

don't nag the jailers on the day you're supposed to get released... if you irritate them, they can drag out the release process, or wait till the last possible second to call you.. just be patient. your parents know where you are (I assume), so don't worry about getting "lost in the system".

food is usually a tray... w/ hashbrowns some kinda egg patty, vege, an apple two little cartons of OJ and milk. sometime it's pb&J and cookies.

plenty of people to talk to... so it shouldn't be THAT boring. people you might have enjoyed talking with will end up leaving mid weekend. you'll feel alone once again =P

learn from it.. i say it's always good to have the perspective from behind bars.

• They are seriously going to have you stay there for a DUI... I don't know this smells fishy... that's bizarre, most states I know of you just pay your fine at court date and off you go.

• The food is the worst in the world don't eat bologna Sandwich

• Wow how attractive... aren't you a real catch huh

• Oh three words
    You will see

I hope you don't get bored quickly

• Its good there is free food and free sex and even work out activities. Sure beats jury duty.

• Dunno and hope I never find out.

• No idea 😶

• No clue, but good luck with it. Have fun also.

• Everyone wears the same color clothing...

Never a moment to your self...

Keep flushing when you're on the toilet so it doesn't stink up the whole place...

• Lol no but good luck.

• hun take care of yourself don't be rude
    and don't fight unless you have too and you will be fine

• Nothing compared to prison. Its boring but aside from that you'll be fine.

• I don't know, I'm not a fucking idiot who breaks the law and has to go to jail.

• I don't know and I don't wanna know. Send me a postcard! 😄

What Girls Said 6

• They will make you wear an orange jumpsuit with ugly shower shoes. They're super strict and treat you like a loser. It sucks.

• the first ever GaG user we know of to speak to us from prison. this place never gets old.

• there is a series called 60 days in its about people actually going to jail to see what its like you should watch it, good show lots to learn

• Oh honey, it will suck. I been to jail once. It's boring, terrible food, terrible clothing mostly the shoes, and it smells.

• Horrible I would assume

• wouldn't know I don't make stupid decisions that could cost my license. I can ask my brother though.