What does it mean when your manager cuts down your hours?

During my interview my manager asked me if I could work Fridays and Sundays and I agreed and now I'm only working four days a week which I'm really not happy about because my original schedule was Friday mornings and closing Sundays... And so I'm curious why she cut down my hours.. I've only been working there for a week so I thought that I could do Fridays and Sundays, and they said they hired a lot of people and I feel like I was only one who got my hours cut... I don't know, it just feels weird and I'm not even sure how I'm suppose to know my schedule for next week if I'm not working Friday

Most Helpful Guy

• I would increase your performance, because (not wanting to alarm you) that can be a sign that they are considering getting rid of you.

You find out your schedule for next week by calling and asking.

Most Helpful Girl

• That really sucks! I worked at a place like that. They told me I would be on full-time hours. Well I was one week, then the next I would barely have any hours at all.

Oftentimes it's due to the place not being busy enough to warrant the labour. The only thing you can do if you are unhappy with the amount of hours you are getting is possibly wait it out or look for a new job.

What Guys Said 2

• They dont need you as much and so they cut down your hours.

• It means your manager hired a lot of people.

What Girls Said 2

• either its not busy enough to need u or they might have hired a new person that would take some of ur shifts

• Needed less
    Less busy those days