Do you like antiquing? Would you find it weird if someone you were interested in liked antiques?

I love antiques! My bedroom has a collection of 40's furniture, but I also have a 60's shelf which I love!

I enjoy going to yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores to find some vintage finds.

My overall style is very eclectic and I have all sorts of different things in my space. Though I find not many other people share my interest, and if they do, they are older.

Are there any other people on GAG who share this hobby with me? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have room to do much collecting, but I like historical weapons. I currently have a no longer functional cap and ball rifle and a double barrel shotgun where one side still works, both from the US civil war time period. I have a working replica confederate navy cap and ball revolver. I have a WWII M1 Carbine, sub 1 million serial number made by a General Motors subsidiary (the smaller of the two main rifles the Americans issued in the war), and a 1941 manufactured M91/30, which was the main battle rifle issued by the Soviet Union. I also have a ceremonial dagger manufactured in the 1930's by the nazi's. I just find them interesting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tell you, if I knew someone like that I would love them! Antiquing is amazing! Every piece has a story of it's own and all the different styles always tend to be of great beauty! I'm very interested in having a collection of my own!

What Guys Said 9

• Sometimes old stuff can be cool so I can understand why some people would like it. I am not really interested in antiques for the most part, but I wouldn't care if my girl was. I wouldn't even mind going with her sometimes. It isn't a hobby I really want to pick up though. I don't really consider something from the 60's an antique though. To me that is just old.

• I enjoy antique browsing but our ideas of "antiques" are different. Furniture from the 60's in contemporary for me. Antiques are things made before 1900. :)

• you sounds like the wife and i. most of our bedroom furniture is from the 20's or 30's, and we do like going to antique malls when we have time

• No not at all, that's stuff is neat

• Yeah, some things are really awesome!

• Not my thing but if you like it go for it

• cool to look at, but only because many modern things are shit compared to the vintage stuff

• I don't have enough money to get the stuff i'd want ;)

• Fuckin' awesome... I'd take advantage of it... since I have some antiques I don't need... I'd sell 'em to her...

What Girls Said 9

• One of my friends used to go antiquing all the time. He used to go to car boots pretty much every weekend and go to charity shops and second hand stores for pretty much anything. He made a surprising amount of money :P It's not a hobby that I share (though I guess I can see the fun in it) but I doubt it'd interfere with our relationship much.

• I love antiques! I often go to antique shops to look for props and cool stuff for photoshoots. I like looking through old photographs too while I'm there, especially ones that are war and military related.

• I have a slight interest in it. My mom is in the antiques business, so I got it from her. It's pretty cool to see items from different periods, how much they're worth, etc..

• yes ): Boringg! Maybe he can pick that stuff up but me! NAH!

• I love antiques. I really like a show called American Pickers about these two guys that uncover valuable antiques wasting away in barns and such across the country.

• I love old perfume bottles, little trinkets, old cameos, and old books :)

• i would love to do that :x huge fan of antiques... alas, i don't have the $$$ to buy anything. but looking around is nice too :) gives me a lot of ideas.

• I like antiquing and going to thrift shops because you never know what interesting things you will find.

• Oh my god, that's cool! I wouldn't mind that at all 😄