I left my amazon prime open ):! Has that ever happen to you?

I owe my dad 50 dollars!

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend did the same thing, he forgot to cancel the trial.

What Guys Said 6

• I have not done it.

Well, you can always use this as a learning experience. It's important to read the fine print when anything says "free trial." It is especially more common when it gives month long trials. Month long trials tend to stay open unless you specifically.

In fact, a good rule of thumb is that if it asks for credit card information, chances are they'll charge you after trial periods automatically.

Many services almost count on you to forget so they can charge you-- it's how they can get away with month long trials. Most people tend to forget things after a month. It's why they put the details in small print.

• Did you order anything while it was up? If not you can cancel it and they will give you a full refund.

• This. Happened to me too. All you have to do is contact them via chat.

• Nope, I kept track when the free trial ran out, so I managed to cancel at the last minute without being charged :D.

• no because amazon prime likes to take my money but doesn't like doing anything for it (no videos, no faster delivery, etc.). so I don't use it

• Damn,
    Hey, look on the brightside,
    Now you get access to a whole different library of online movies and tv than netflix.
    They've got Anime

• amazon isn't a bargain

What Girls Said 13

• Try talking to them to see if they give you a partial refund. But they usually have reminders on your amazon account and send you a email too, so you are aware when the membership ended. If you haven't made use of the membership (e. g. when they charged you, they might refund you partially if not fully)

• I'm guessing you mean that you continued using Amazon Prime after the free trial period. I haven't done that, but it's okay. $50 isn't too bad.

• So your Dad robbed you?

• I need to know 3 things.

What that is.
    Why it has any impact on anything.
    And how that causes you to owe your dad money.

I need the clarification!!
    🤓

• O: How come no-one knows what that is lol!
      Its an online service that I got for free but forgot to cancel because I thought i cancel it.

• Amazon is only kind of a thing in Australia. The only thing you can get on it here is books.

• Yeh, we get books only in algeria too.

• I hate how they set up their amazon prime, where after the free trial they start charging you. That's why I never bothered with the free one since they do a sneaky thing like that.

• and they charge for a full year as well

• It's actually super easy to cancel it. You can cancel the auto renew immediately after signing up for the trial.

• Exactly what @teawrecks said. You can cancel immediately, and still have prime benefits until the trial expires, after which it won't renew itself.

• I pay for my Amazon Prime so that doesn't really affect me. I use it on a regular basis so it is worth it for me to pay for. Its only $50 a year and can definitely come in handy.

• I have prime but I don't understand leaving it open and being charged $50.

• What? You've left it open where? So what happened? I don't really get the question here..

• Agh that's so annoying! I always set a calendar alarm or something on my phone the day before the trial period ends, so I can cancel before they charge me. It's a good habit to get into :)

• Omg the same thing happened to me, but he didn't notice lol.

• Left it open? I'm not sure what you mean?

• Nope I closed it before they could charge me

• No, I don't have it. Never have.