Do you think men or women have higher PHYSICAL standards of the opposite sex?

I think women have higher standards... a lot of things we cannot change like race and height.

• Womem have higher standards for men
  • Men have higher standards for women
  • It's about equal
  • answers

Most Helpful Girl

• The following are generalities. Obviously there are exceptions. Please do not yell "EXCEPTION!" as though that were a valid rebuttal.

For a RELATIONSHIP?
    Obviously, men hold women to a higher physical standard.

For a FLING?
    Just as obviously, women hold men to a higher physical standard.

Like, duh.

What Girls Said 8

• Not even close. Women are physically objectified 10 to 1 over men. A woman will marry or date a guy for far more than his physical features but a woman's entire net worth is often based on her looks alone.

• Objectified by the media and porn... that's not reality. Do we forget that most guys will bang anything that is not a whale?

• Asker, you've got to be kidding me. How it is not reality if it's a part of it, especially considering the producers behind porn and objectifying ads are REAL and they are usually males. They know that vast majority of men are fixated on sex and female physicality and by practices mentioned above they cater to them putting constant emphasis on our looks and creating an endless circle...

• @Daniel961
      Yes we do put a lot of emphasis on your looks but the standards are not that high. An average girl + working out = hot.

• No and I mean I could write a novel about all the evidence as for why not.
    But basically men go for the same type of girl no matter their own attractiveness or age. And if they get rejected they get bitter.
    Women are far more flexible and they are attracted to a wider range in the first place

• I think it all depends on someone's level of maturity. When you're young it's all about looks but the older you get the more you start to care about things that really matter; intelligence, dependable, moral standards etc etc. I can speak from personal experience that when I was younger I couldn't get a "cute" boy to give me the time of day (I'm not really ugly but I've always been heavy-set) and only older men looked at me like that. Now that I'm getting older it seems that there are a lot of men my age who are interested in me. There are probably many factors other than age involved in this but I have not the time nor the stamina to continue typing haha.

• Lol feel like this is going to be a very gender biased question..

• men have higher physical standards for women but women have higher personality/maturity standards

• women have higher standards due to the old thing on who has better geins and who is the better provider and protector

• men, for sure.

• I think its about equal but some people have really crazy high standards.

What Guys Said 7

• Both have high standards, but women focus a lot on power and status, so they can be with an average guy as long as he has high status.
    Men don't focus on status and power, our main foucs is pretty and nice, so we have higher standards for women's looks.

• according to a study by OK cupid women have a much higher standard then men.
    www.mmo-champion.com/.../1225428-OKCupid-study-shows-women-say-80-of-men-are-quot-below-average-quot-looking

• exactly. An average girl that works out is practically deemed HOT. Guys need to pass a dozen other checkpoints to get there.

• I think it's fairly equal, even if women are reluctant to admit it. Even if a woman is more open to less attractive guys, you can bet that her friends are thinking "She can do so much better than THAT guy!" Back in the eighties, I heard my mother and a sister talking about Tom Selleck getting married to Jillie Mack and were saying that he deserves a better looking woman than HER.

• its very simple, some men do some men dont, and some women do and some women dont.

• Women have higher standards for men across the board, physicality included.

• It's complicated.

Women are harder to impress.
    Men put more emphasis on it.

So men have higher physical standards for a woman to be 'dateable', but women have much higher standards for a man to consider him hot.

Men find average women who aren't fat, with a decent hair cut and not too much clothing, 'hot'. Most women don't seem to find guys bodies to be really hot unless the guy simultaneously works out 7+hours a week AND is running under 11% body fat or so.

• No men do even when they are ugly and fat.