How do I reinstall my front usb ports?

I went to device manager, and clicked on portable devices. There are a list of device options that go G:/, I:/, H:/, etc. I accidentally uninstalled the two that said F:/... I am having a problem with my music player, but that could be a different post. How do I get the two portable devices that say F:/ back?

I have rebooted several times already... they did not come back

Most Helpful Guy

• I responded to your first post, I have a few ideas for you. There are a few programs that you can access that will help. How exactly did you uninstall it?

• well. i went to the device manager to the part that says portable devices. i clicked on the part that said F:/. Then I side clicked it and hit uninstall.

• It's all good. At least I figured out a way to put new music on it, and it still charges

• The computer is still working too

What Guys Said 3

• Windows people problems lol...

• Try rebooting your PC also update if it worked.

• I actually have rebooted it multiple times already. I know it's supposed to work if you uninstall the usb root hub... but i uninstalled from portable devices, so it did not work...

• Damn that's unlucky I haven't worked on my PC for like a year now and have forgotten the basics but whenever I had a problem I'd post on the tomshardware forums those guys are much smarter than me so just post your problem here:
      http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/

• Something has to mapped to your letter drives first.
    What was mounted to your F drive?

• The music player, a tablet. .. the front ports still recognize the tablet, and another device I was using. It still charges them. It's just the F:/ is missing from portable devices, and it won't recognize the music player

• You need to uninstall usb drivers from device manager (in Windows), then have the device reinstall the drivers.
      Devices have their USB install files on the device.

• Thanks. I hope this works.

What Girls Said 0