Writing a story? Fiction, but want realism. If someone were swallowed alive, is survival possible, especially with the advanced human mind?

So im writing a story about a guy, Dan, who made some bad choices in life and ends up shrinking to a very tiny size. At the climax he is inadvertently knocked into a glass of iced-tea which his own mother, Joyce, is about to drink. If this senerio actually happened, how much of a chance would Dan have to survive? Any advice on how he may escape? Here's the section...

"(Splash), Dan found himself floating in the iced-tea. Suddenly a large shadow cast over him. Before he could even look up, he saw the blurred shape of his mother's hand wrap around the outside of the glass. The tea sloshed around in the glass gently as she picked it up, but to him, they were title waves. "Woah mom!" He said, hoping she saw him in there. It didn't take long for Dan to realize, she hadn't seen him at all. The liquid in the glass shifted as she tilted the glass at her lips. Dan's heart raced as he saw the tea quickly begin rushing into her mouth. Her throat opened and closed with every gulp. He screamed to his mom over and over as the tea continued to disappear into her body. All he could think to do is, swim down, swim to the bottom of the glass. "She won't drink all of it" he thought to himself. He began swimming in a panic, down down down, he was almost there. He then watched as the bottom of the glass began to pull away, further and further. He swam even harder as he realized the current had him. He swam and swam, but his mom's lips got closer and closer, and the current became stronger and stronger. He watched the outside world pull away as the waves washed him past Joyce's lips. The dark shadows surrounded him from the confinement of her mouth. He rode the rapids that washed over her tongue towards the iced-tea water fall that poured down the back of her throat, vanishing into the dark tunnel of her esophagus. He caught his last glimpse of daylight coming through the crack between her lips as he plunged down the waterfall into darkness."

Thanks for input 😁

Updates:
Feel free to add any story advice? Think adventurous?

0|0
3|1

Most Helpful Guy

• stomach acid would eventually break him down.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No way he would survive the gastric acid, but he might get out if he holds on to a tooth when his mother drinks the tea?
    Anyways I like the idea, I'd be curious to read the entire story once it's finished :)

2|0
    0|0
    • So if this actually happened, let's say, realistically how good of a chance would Dan have of grabbing Joyce's tooth? Also what could come to mind as a follow up adventure say he escaped? I was thinking a sneeze?

• Show All
    • Hmm I would almost say a girl would be more interesting, she could put him in her dollhouse to play with him or something 😄

• Yes! That would be hysterical!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I fear poor little Dan would have no chance if Joyce drank him. She'd probably never notice and he would be processed and completely digested by his own mother. The end for Dan 😔

2|0
    0|0
    • Maybe coughs him out?

• Show All
    • Or it would be hilarious if Dan were to fall into a giant bowl of onion dip or salsa which will be served at a family party in a few hours. Then he has to dodge giant chips trying to scoop him up. 😁😂😃

• I like the shoe one, it's kinda a "trapped" metaphor, especially when she could easily squash him with her foot. The dip scenario is great too, a bunch of relatives inadvertently about to eat him, like a grandmother, cousin or aunt.

• Nope.

0|0
    0|0