Will my child be light skinned?

My girlfriend and I have been discussing having a child recently and I wanted to know, if we go through with this, what is the possibility that our child will be light skinned.

Im black, but have native American blood from my dad side (Chariki) and my mothers side (Chalktah). My dad has dark skin as a dominate trait and my mom has light skin as a dominate trait. Both my grandma are dark skinned like me, but my great grandma on my moms side is 50-100% native American (Dont really remember) and my dads brother is light skinned like my mom.

My girlfriend is French-Canadian/Persian. What is the likely hood our child will be light skinned? Just to note how dark im actually am, im more of a milk-chocolate color.

Most Helpful Guy

• The formula is generally this:

Take your skin tone and determine how far away from the average for your population you are. For instance if your population is dark chocolate, and you're milk chocolate, let's say you're 25% lighter than your population. Do the same for your wife and her population. Add the percentages up and divide by two. This is percentage A

Now figure out the average shade of each of your populations and get the average shade. This is average B.

Now take shade average B, Lets say cafe con leche, and increase or decrease it by percentage A.

That's the most likely color.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that's hard to predict. When the parents are mixed or when they are an interracial couple the child can come in any shade.

What Guys Said 3

• It's really a toss-up with mixed parents. It could go either way. I've seen black/white couples with children that come out looking like Seal, and others that look like Emma Stone...

• They'll likely be lighter depending on gene dominance.

• You never know but they will have a nice color