Who's Happy About Cruz & Kasich Dropping Out?

Last night and today could NOT have been more perfect! I'm truly happy that these two guys woke up and decided to step aside and deal with reality, that Trump IS the GOP nominee.

It's right for everyone now to rally around Trump and start focusing on the battle with Hillary.

I'm also thrilled that Trump has appointed Dr. Ben Carson to help him select a running mate.

Marco Rubio, in recent weeks, has also come around showing his support for Trump. I believe that somehow Rubio will be involved in some capacity of a future Trump administration.

Cruz, not so sure. Kasich, I doubt it.

But overall, I'm just checking in to see if anyone else is feeling happy about this party finally coming together.

Most Helpful Guy

• I saw about Cruz, but they didn't say Kasich? All I care about is NO HILLARY!!! She would be the first women prez ever shot.

• Hillary, woman or not, just isn't striking the right chord with voters. I kinda feel sorry for Dems. I mean Bernie is cool, don't get me wrong, but they did NOT have a good selection of candidates at all. And running on your gender is a really BAD idea in the face of our country being in such need for smart leadership to clean up the mess left behind over the last 16 years lol. Obama and Bush, both were equally as bad.

• True...

Hillary = same BS, more debt and a deeper depression;-(

What Guys Said 29

• Yes. Now if Hillary and Trump would drop out, we'd be onto something!

• I don't like Donald Trump. I was hopeful that Marco Rubio would be able to hold out against him, but then he dropped out. Then I got in behind Ted Cruz, but then HE dropped out.

I thought it was pretty funny how, for a few days, Kasich was running FOURTH in a two-man race though.

• i mean it's pretty meaningless. neither had a mathematical shot at winning so they may as well stop throwing away campaign dollars

i'm almost certain cruz will still petition to have a contested convention. the fight certainly is still not over

• I don't think that Cruz will go that far at this point. Looking back, I believe he tried to use this as a strategy to sell himself as the Trump alternative, it didn't work. So this already failed.

• He spoke last night about uniting the party mainly to avoid a Clinton win and this is where they (GOP) need to be.

• uniting the party doesn't mean that he's not going to contest at the convention

"uniting the party" is one of those great vague phrases that leaves plenty of room for exactly what uniting the party really means. does it mean other candidates supporting trump? or does it mean the republican party supporting Cruz, Kasich, or some other candidate?

i mean there's still a swell of support for Paul Ryan to be a part of the contested convention... the only thing that seems certain is that trump will win the primary election battle and cruz will not be doing state campaigns

• Trump is a liberal masquerading as a conservative. Dude has been liberal his whole life and has donated to liberal campaigns most of his life. I wouldn't be shocked if he just wants to divide the Republican party for a Clinton victory. He's donated plenty to Clinton campaigns.

In all general election polls Clinton beats trump. Over 2/3 of the country have a negative opinion of him. He doesn't have the 30% minority vote either. Clinton has the support of wall street.

It's going to be an uphill battle for sure for Trump. Hey and either way we get a liberal into office. Regardless it isn't looking good for Trump unless he can drastically change his polls in the coming months and he can't do that while being an asshole. I have a feeling nice guy Trump will make an appearance soon because that's what he needs to win over the Republicans that hate him.

• I don't buy that he's a liberal. I was also a Dem, never a radical lib though and Trump is indeed patriotic, supports out vets, 2nd amendment, borders - these are not liberal ideas if anything they are all against those things which I think are crucial. But as people get older, we tend to become more conservative. What Trump might have done or said 20 years ago isn't how he feels now. We can all evolve/get smarter as we get older.

• Trump was advocating for amnesty for refugees as late as 2014. I'm just saying I think people who think he's a conservative have been duped. He's a new York liberal through and through.

Where's your data that states a lot of Democrats are voting Republican?

• Data, look to the primaries in states all over the country with as many as 60,000 dems switching parties to vote Trump in one state... not sure which state that was but I worked on his campaign and also called voters for Trump's team. I was on the phone often with voters even, who'd tell me they were Democrats leaving the party to vote Trump. But most of the data can be seen in the primary voting results.

• I am now Trump can focus on Clinton

• 1|2
    • Yeah, I'm feeling really positive. It's like thank God stupidity will soon be behind us and we can get our country back on track.

• I am happy about it yes, finally Trump can focus on defeating who really matters Hillary.

• My response was "finally!"

• Oh you can't believe how happy I am that that scumbag Lyin Ted dropped out. However, I'm not too happy about Kasich. I believe he could have had a shot after Cruz dropped out and he was my candidate. I really did like Kasich.

• Kasich was handling himself well but then when he pressed on, kept staying in in spite of the fact that he only won Ohio, then trying to team up with Cruz, etc., it sort of made me lose some respect for him. But at this point, all of these people can put their best foot forward, show unity, and all is healed.

• Hilliary vs Trump !

• It's a sad day for the entire country, as far as I'm concerned. I'm a republican but the only person I liked, and the only person who had any sense and would have actually made a good president was Kasich, but he's gone and the American idiot has unanimously voiced their uneducated opinion that they want a blowhard asswhipe as their nominee instead of someone intelligent. Not until now did I really see a clear cut view of how far this country, and our people, have fallen down the fucking toilet. And I can't stand that lying snake Clinton.

• But Kasich didn't get the votes. And I think since this election cycle was SO about the outsider (Trump, Bernie) all the insiders like Kasich were pretty much not able to make any real noise and get any real support. The people just don't want more of the same.

• And Trump and Sanders are new? Trump hasn't put forth one realistic, feasible plan as to what he is actually going to do, all he has done is play into people's fears, taking a common problem and saying what he knows people want to hear while never actually telling them how to resolve it betond what has been said by others before, manipulating voters who act before they think on a knee jerk response to someone's comment on a matter. And Sander's while campaign is a carbon copy of every bleeding heart liberal in U. S. history. "Make the rich pay their fair share!" and "free college!" Come on. That's straight out of the liberal handbook, or communist manifesto depending on how you view socialism, and that's over 100 years old.

• Sorry for the typos, I'm doing this on my phone.

• about time, they were just making everything worse hanging on like that

• I'm happy that Cruz dropped out. I couldn't stand to look at that hideous face anymore

• Make America great again!

• I'm happy they did.

• i don't give a shit. politics is a joke. like i said in another post, the election is the equivalent of a marathon race between fdr (polio), stephen hawking (lou gehrig's disease), hellen keller (deaf and mute) and christopher reeve (after he fell off his high horse)

• Kasich had no chance, Cruz had no chance in practice, this doesn't mean much.

• Of course they are. They all had to sign a stupid pledge at the beginning of the race that they'd support whoever won the nominee.

• Trump is a conservative masquerading as an anti liberal establishment liberal.

• Can any Ameriyank fill me in on what's happening there? What happened to that Sanders guy?

• I don't care. All the potential candidates this year are plain idiots. Could not be more worst.

• coming together? its like a grudge match at Yankee Stadium with Yankees vs the Red Sox or Yankees vs the Mets... can also be Jets vs Giants or Islanders v Rangers. its become a bloodsport.

• I'm not. Kasich should have been the nominee. This is going to be the worst election in the past 40 years.

• I was happy to see them tear each other apart.

• I'm glad to be voting for the Libert

• Totally happy... One step closer for the Don to be the big guy.

• Bernie will crush Hillary in California so it is not over on the Dem side. Trump and Cruz are fools but Cruz is more dangerous in my opinion so it's good he dropped out. Kasich is pretty normal so it's too bad he had no chance.

• Bernie might pull something off in CA.

• Bernie Sanders would have to pull off a miracle in every state from here. That's not going to happen.

• @Pat8707 They said Obama could not win.

• I'm wondering if the Republicans can win the presidency in the next 20 years.

• Trump is a longtime friend of the Clintons. He's a NY liberal pretending to be a conservative.

• agree 100%. he supported both clinton campaigns. is a friend of the family and until this election held what are traditionally democratic views on things like abortion, gun control etc.

• I so don't buy that. His platform is not at all liberal and if then why not run as one if he was one?

• To derail the Republican party and ensure a Clinton win.

What Girls Said 1

• I am upset about this entire election lmao.
    I hate all candidates tbh

• It's not ideal in many ways, I hear you. But I just can't do Hillary, she's so bad in so many ways. So corrupt. At least Trump is self-funding and very patriotic so Americans WILL be taken care of for a change if he wins.