Wearing heels around a short guy?

So I'm going out a guy that is around the same height as me (5'7)

Should I avoid wearing heels or wedges? He doesn't seem worried about the height, but if I pop up 4-5 inches I wouldn't want to make him feel self conscious!

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm short and I'll never turn down a woman in heels. BUT that being said; it is kind of odd having to look up. I usually just find myself improving my posture to compensate. So better posture and you in heels; overall a win-win.

• yes the guy will have better posture but at the same time, her posture is going to suffer from wearing the heels as it shortens her calves, curves her spine and makes her more likely to fall over

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear heels because I wanna although I can hardly walk!

What Guys Said 21

• Ask him indirectly. Does he like stiletto pumps? How tall is optimum in his taste? Then run with the answers.

• Hmm seems tricky some guys are fine with it, others will get insecure.
    Play it safe for now, then as the relationship progresses ask him about it.

• Wear the heels. If he can't deal with you in heels, that's his problem. In fact, you SHOULD wear the heels just to see how he reacts. If he can't handle it, don't waste your time because he'll likely be hung up about other minor shit, so dump him.

• I don't think that would bother him Girls I expected to wear heels so I don't think should avoid wearing them unless he as an issue about it

• It's not your fault he's short

• I wouldn't do the heels around him... most guys are insecure about height, hair and penis size... weight is a lot farther down the list.

• Don't worry about it. You could always ask him. For some reason girls have this stigma about being taller than the guy they are with. When I'm going around in public with a girl that is significantly taller than me sometimes you'll see them insecure girls scoff. Fuck 'em. You look at the guys and you can see what their thinking in their eyes, "Damn! What is that guy packin'?" If he's got the confidence, it all doesn't matter.

• keep low

• It depends on how the guy feels. I honestly don't mind being with a girl who's taller than me but it makes some guys feel like less of a a man

• Just wear your heels, if he's secure about himself he wouldn't mind.

I'm short at 5'4.5" - 5''5" and one of my ex is 5"10. She wore heels just to spite me at times but I didn't care. It's sexyyyy

• As a (very) short guy, I can tell you heels wouldn't bother me. And if you and he are about the same height, I don't think it would bother him. He'd probably find it sexy. I would. The higher the heel the better, in my opinion.

• I think you should get a real man and then you can wear heels as much as you want.

• what height are you? my guy is tall so even in 6 inch heels I still have to look up to him

• guys are lucky they don't have to wear heels to look hot

• @neilsmart no we're not lucky. I'd actually like to wear heels to be even taller. Even though I'm 6' 2" I'm still shorter than my father and would like to wear heels or something else to make me taller.

Also, look up the history of high heels and you'll find that heels were originally invented for men.

• you shouldn't care unless he cares. any observant person will realize the height advantage is due to heals anyway.

• Just be careful not to get taller than him. If possible put on a shoe that will still make you appear a bit shorter.

• Communication is an important part of any relationship.

That being said, most guys don't give a damn tbh...

• Girls are the only ones who think like this. I doubt he even thinks about it.

• Personally I'm that rough height but a little taller so personally I would say nah

• Lol comments here, This shows how men are superior

• I wouldn't talk to him about it directly. It would show that on some level you see his height as an issue, or question his confidence. In today's society guys are mocked for having any insecurity, which leads to guys being more insecure about talking about their insecurities. Either don't wear heels around him, or try and find a way to get his opinion in a subtle way.

Maybe you could try and model several different outfits and seeing if you can figure out what he prefers and how he reacts to you being taller than him in heels. If you notice his body language is bothered by your being taller and decide not to wear heels, then whatever you do, don't tell him it is because you think he is insecure about it. That will just make him feel worse.

• I would wear flats most times around him except at special occasions since it would make me feel uncomfortable at times with the girl being taller but some guys it won't

• Well if you left them on, it maybe harder for him. Like a Chihuahua trying to get a great dane

What Girls Said 4

• I say don't wear the heel's. He will say he is ok with it, but you know that ego's of their's is daily bruised/so fragile! Maybe later down the road when he is more comfy you can try to wear them darling.

• I recently split w a guy who was quite short. ... not because of that really butt I noticed he was quite insecure about it despite being otherwise successful. He'd wear his cuban heels if we were dating or meeting up... For example

• That's interesting. ... how did you feel about that? I you were in flats was he still smaller?

• @JackRabit... well... I usually wear heels when dating or around boyfriends. ... with his boots on I guess we were a similar height

• who cares, wear them and pat his head. it's not your problem that he's short.

• No. Lol.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.