Name the best horror movie you seen?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to say I really loved Paranormal Activity. Most of the sequels are crappy, as it is usually the case with these kind of movies but the very first film was pretty creepy and cool. I don't even believe in ghosts and I was pretty freaked out afterwards ;-).
    Another, less mainstream horror movie that I really love is "Funny Games", an Austrian film by the director Michael Haneke. Haneke later made an English-language version called "Funny Games US" with the same story. I love this film not only because it's scary but because it is very smart and somewhat artsy in its conception - something that is very uncommon for mainstream horror flicks. On the surface, Haneke's film is just another horror movie but when you go look closely and analyze it, you realize that it's in fact a very bitter satire of the horror movie genre. Haneke shows a lot of completely unnecessary violence and does that in a way we enjoy watching it. By doing this, he criticizes the very fact that viewers enjoy pointless violence. The core message of his movie is: "I see you're enjoying to watch all this violence... isn't that kinda fucked up? Why do we actually enjoy watching innocent people getting tortured and viciously killed?" So his film "Funny Games" is both a horror movie and a harsh criticism and satire of horror movies at the same time. It seems superficial at first but it's actually quite sophisticated and that is what I really love about it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• There are just so many, I liked the older black and white films best, however Invasion of the body snatchers was good, as was Halloween, The people under the stairs, Blair witch project, American Horror story, Anything M. Night Shalaman, Stephen King is good too...

• Overall I'd have to say The Exorcist is still the standard

• This have you watched the unrated version compared to the original?

• Damn lol. I've seen both the Unrated version on DVD and the one in the theater on tv.

• I've always found that movie comic. X)

• So many but 'Eyes Without a Face' is one of them.

Just cuz
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Eyes_Without_A_Face_042.jpg

• Halloween

• Evil dead was fun
    The omen
    Insidious was scary scary
    Babadook! Thats a very very good one
    Paranormal activity was nice
    Conjuring

• Very tough choice. Suspiria and The Shining are up there though.

I also saw Green Room with Patrick Stewart the other day and that was intense.

• i want to say resident evil but that's only cause I'm kind of a fanboy so really i think return of the living dead it was be for all that CGI crap and it was in the 80's

• To difficult of a question for me :(

• House (1986) perfect movie for a rainy night, we have been having a lot of those here lately

• Kazaam. Have you seen Shaq act?

• Darkness Falls

• The Mist is my all time favorite

• I don't know if it counts as a horror movie but "the others" was a good watch.

All hail @apple24

• to this day i still say

Dead silence

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2bd81ec355.jpg

This is the first movie i can say scared the skin off of me.
    that image will never go away plus that huge twist at the end is crazy..

• Conjuring

• Psycho

• I have so many favorites, at the moment, i guess i'd say cabin in the woods.

• The Shining.

• does it hav to be horror movie?

What Girls Said 14

• Probably The Omen :)

• There is a lot of it. Ladda Land. The Conjuring. Insidious 1-3.

I don't think Chucky is a best movie, because, I don't know, it's a little bit odd.

And do you know Sinister? I found it when I tried to search about Cardia Sinister in google. It's frightening I think, but I'm already frightened to download that movie. Does it a good movie?'

Actually, I'm more in to exorcism. The Last Exorcism is good I think.

• Ju-on. Watch it with the lights turned off all by your self and I promice you, you will have never seen such horror.
    Its not just scary but they are all round the best horror films of all time. Forget the exorsism or paranormal avtivity because they are very very over rated.

• The Shining
    Psycho

those are the first two to come to mind.

• As a huge horror fan there isn't a favorite/best but i do have a top five list

Psycho 1960
    The Exorcist 1973
    Cannibal Holocaust 1979
    A Nightmare On Elm Street 1984
    Bride of Chucky 1998

• Probably the Halloween series with Michael Myers, it's kinda like a classic, timeless horror movie. I actually watched one of them again on Sunday🤓

• truth or die, it messed me up and gave me new fears lmaoo

• The ring

• Typical answer, but Silence of the Lambs. It was just SO well-made.

• day of the dead / night of the living dead/ dawn of the dead/ any good zombie movie xD

• The Boy
    Dead Silence
    The tooth fairy
    Fright Night (remake)

• The Shining
    Conjuring
    Pyscho

• Invasion of the body snatchers, its my favouritst film of all time. I love all horry movies from that eara because they all have this creepy vibe and epic endings you can't beat!

• Gremlins. (the most "horror" my mom lets me see)