Rate this Mythological Creature: The Phoenix?

In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again. According to some texts, the phoenix could live over 1,400 years before rebirth.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh its ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

• 5/5 because the phoenix is EXTREMELY useful in games. Like the phoenix you find in some final fantasy games and the item to revive people is called, "phoenix down."

What Girls Said 10

• i like its concept 5/5

• love love love the phoenix

• Overrated, the phoenix never did anything for me but a lot of people adore the idea. Lol, Ben Affleck anyone.

• 2/5, not that interested.

• 5/5! My favourite!

• It's so cool. I always appreciate a phoenix. But they're not my favorite so I give it 4.

• Yes please.

• I love Pheonix. They are one of the best.

• Omfg I love Phoenix I had wallpaper similar on the 1st photo

• it is one of favorites

What Guys Said 9

• Five, supposedly the greeks took it from the egyptian bennu (had to double check, I always want to say persian not egyptian). A similar bird or the hebrew equivalent the chol was in the garden of eden and was granted its long life and rebirth properties for resisting the temptation of eating from the tree of knowledge. Its suprisingly has a lot of analogues versions in mutliple different countries from asia to russia to the middle east. Good choice.

• The best kind of chicken is the one thats already cooked ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• One of my favorites

• Well... Resurrection powers, badass fire bird. It doesn't get much better than that for mythological creatures! :P

• 5/5! Would bang!!

• I always dug the Phoenix as a mythological creature!

• The things are extremely cool. What can stand against fire, except maybe a nereid?

• 3/5 meh its ok

• It is okay. Overall it is pretty under developed as far as I know. Unlike other mythological creatures it is really just a bird that is on fire. I am unaware of it having a personality or goals that make it stand out as more than just an animal. Other mythological creatures have more of a history, and often personal goals and stories that make them more interesting. While the phoenix is an interesting design, as far as I know there is no interesting stories that surround it, adding to its legend. At the end of the day it just looks like a pretty bird that you wouldn't want to touch.