Is it weird that I dislike it when shop assistants are overly helpful? Anybody else feeling the same way?

(Poll question is about if you are feeling the same way.)

It happens pretty often in my case. They approach me and they ask me “How can I help you?” when I don’t ask them. Of course I respond negatively.

Well personally I dislike it actually, since I enjoy it more finding what I want on my own. I like it more when I go through every corridor in the store in order to find something. It’s more enjoyable that way. Plus I might find something else on my way as well.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• That's why I never shop at Lowes. Every other isle someone is asking you something. It's just annoying.

What Girls Said 1

• Hell yes! Watching me like im gonna rob the shop... annoying af

What Guys Said 3

• I am quite socially awkward and when browsing a shop I honestly just want to be left alone, so I understand you. They're really just trying to be helpful, though, so I try to be nice to them anyway.

• Just smile and say, "just looking".

Of course, when you actually need a clerk to ask something, they are nowhere to be found.

• I'm not rude I mean. I just say "No".

• hard to say. depends how busy you are.