Should I Start Smoking Weed?

Marijuana has finally been legalized in Canada!!! I'm thinking about adopting a purely hedonistic lifestyle with my boyfriend. I heard it gives people extreme gratification, pleasure and a euphoric feeling also relieves stress and anxiety. I'm tired of leading a disciplined life. I think smoking pot will help me relax and be more carefree. I will stop giving too much fuck about life and things that don't matter.

I would like to hear more from people who smokes weed or had smoked weed in the past.

Most Helpful Guy

• sparkly!!! WTF is wrong with you?

What Guys Said 31

• It's not legal yet, so you may want to wait a bit before running out and buying a big bag of weed. The government has simply announced that it would be tabling decriminalization legislation in 2017. So it is still technically illegal, and we are not sure what it will look like when legal... what age will be legal to access it (part of the rationale is to keep it out of the hands of youth), how much, where you can get it... none of that is known.

Smoking pot is not much different than having a drink. Similar stress reducing properties. It isn't a magic cure-all, and it is still something where moderation is better than over-indulgence for a variety of reasons. But you are right that it could help you relax a bit more, and become more carefree. It should help you avoid getting too caught up in things that don't matter. But you'll need to do some mental work yourself too.

• Wait, you haven't already decriminalized it?
      Its decriminalized in a whole fuckload of states and legal in four states

• @Waffles731 No, not yet. Possession hasn't been aggressively prosecuted for a long time, and there are now exceptions for 'medical marijuana' which is fairly heavily regulated, but it hasn't been flat out legalized yet. Feds just announced plans to legalize it next spring though.

• @Waffles731 sucks they didn't legalized it in Texas!!! 🌿🌿🌿 yet fucken Texas is gay man

• I've smoked weed for maybe 8 years or so (very moderately) and I can honestly say: it's nice but it's also quite overrated. Being high itself can be very nice but once that is over, you usually feel kinda sad and like it's all pointless for a few hours. Plus, you and your clothes smell like shit the morning after. And every time you get high, your high is a little less strong. The first few times I had awesome highs, now after several years of smoking it, it just feels kinda warm and fuzzy for 5 minutes and that's it (even with potent weed).
    Overall: my opinion is this: it's certainly worth trying like most drugs. However, once you've done it a couple of times, you will realize that it's not that almighty god-stuff that some people claim it to be. There's a good reason Dutch people smoke less weed than Americans and almost all European countries.

• it's your life, if you can purchase it legally then go for it. it's really not going to mess you up, it's just weed. only you will allow yourself to get messed up, remember that.

• It's a gamble. I have plenty of friends who are grounded professionals, in their respective careers, and they smoke pot regularly, so there's no correlation between not being disciplined and smoking mary jane at all, that's up to your own attitude.

However, some people react less favorly when consuming the drug, specially if they started smoking at young age since it's been proven marihuana can affect brain development negatively (the prefrontal cortex doesn't reach full maturity until your mid-late 20's).

Also, marihuana can trigger mental issues such as paranoia or psychosis to people who are predisposed to suffering those, so it is definitely not ideal to everyone.

So before jumping to living a "carefree lifestyle", and stop giving a fuck about things it's better to make your own research and then form a decision. Remember this is an addictive drug, and even though some people can be off of it for long periods of time, others get hooked pretty easily, to the point where their humor/mood is different and often negative when they aren't under the influence (I've seen it myself in other people).

With all that said, I don't think is a terrible drug but it has its negatives/risks regardless.

• If I didn't know who God is I'd have adopted a hedonistic lifestyle myself.

• Considering Jesus supposedly lived in the region of what today is Palestine/Israel and considering that weed has naturally been growing in the middle east for thousands of years, he probably smoked it himself. Maybe that's how he came up with all those stories about walking over water etc..

• And what's your excuse; weed or paint chips? I'm beginning to suspect bath salts.

• Although marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, Heavy marijuana smokers are at risk for some of the same health effects as cigarette smokers, like bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses.

The issue with consuming marijuana is that it affects peoples’ impulsivity, attention, memory, cognition and decision-making abilities.

The negative ramifications far out way any positive factors weed may posess. And as a result: No you shouldn't.

but we live in a society where in spite of negative consequences, people are deluded with the idea of "freedome".

• Have fun burning your braincells with it.

• Ehh I never really cared for it. Sure it might calm you down a bit and every now & then it's ok but overall I favor being in control rather than high and kind of confused. Plus for whatever reason I always got paranoid when I did it which was completely the opposite of the stress free / less anxiety vibe I was going for. But everyone is different.

Plus smoking anything isn't good for your lungs. If I were you and I was interested in taking up weed I'd evaluate edibles (brownies and such). Don't get me wrong I love the taste/smell of smoking it but inhaling smoke regardless of what it isn't healthy.

• No. Just don't.

• can pretty much substitute alcohol for everything you want to use weed for.

• When this is legal next spring I am going to start! Can't wait, seriously this is the best news ever!

• I don't do it, and have no interest in trying it.

• It's your life and I read that weed is not as bad as other drugs like heroin and meth. I might be wrong on this, but alcohol kills more people than weed does.

• Its also legal where you live right?
      Ever since it got legalized in Washington I've had this extremely uncomfortable and extremely unlikely image of my Grandparents toking up

• It is your life and choice , I wouldn't recommend it tho.

• Its not legalized yet and when it does, you'll be yoo young to buy it,, they want 25 and above

• It'll be 19 and above! The same for alcohol purchases and comsuming!

• That's up to you. But if you are going to smoke to change your lifestyle I recommend before you do that see if you even like it.
    Some people dont, and some are allergic.

• Ummmmm. Noooo?

• Do it even thoe I haven't done it thoe I searched up was bad about doing weed it said nothing is bad and plus it doesent kill Brian cells. Like weed is good if it came from the ground like vegetables like suorasily thoe

• It makes me feel paranoid.

• NONONONONO DO NOT SMOKE WEED AT ALL EVER UNLESS YOU MEED TO FOR A MEDICAL CONDITION DO NOT

• hell no!

• yea why not its nice being high

• i smoke it every now an then but i do it because i live it a place that stresses me the fuck out

• i wouldn't start if i were you because it just makes you dumb as shit when you are high an you might do some stupid shit you will regret

• *rolls eyes* marijuana is not legalized in Canada.

• It's not legal yet

• lol no it hasn't.

• I highly recommend you don't. I also don't give a fuck about you.

• nah. smoke my c0ck instead ;)

• Go for it, the high is amazing, i just hate the smoking part. It makes you so carefree and open to everything. You can drink alcohol, but how long til you become a alcoholic and die

• First I like weed but it does not relax you. Your heartbeat increases secondly wait till your brain fully develops around 24 or 25.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• No! I wouldn't!

• Weed isn't going to help your problem chicka. It's just a temporary haze that fades and then back to reality! Whoo hoop. And that's no fun. That's like an illusion... You feel good and then the drug wears off and boom faced with the world.

Gotta deal with your
    Problems now. Ain't no substance gonna be your friend

• People say it doesn't harm you but look into the science. These "non-harmful" drugs do affect you over time unlike what people say. Also, just to not be "disciplined" isn't a good reason to do drugs. Also, staying on drugs affects your threshold in your brain which can lead to depression if you decide to stop smoking or don't do it for a while once your brain gets used to it.

• Are you fucking serious?
    Fuck, this generation is shit.

You can't even have it if it's legal in Canada because you're 17 and you have to be 24 if I'm not mistaken 😒...

• No don't it's bad for you

• No. Actually I never done it but I know the effect. My country produce a large amount of marijuana every year and there was a lot of people dead because they were addicted. It's unhealthy, better do something else. And it's why, my country keep trying to stop the 'influence' of it.

• It's not that extreme. It's pleasurable, but no more fun than other things and less fun than your favorite activity (for me, hiking in the woods). A lot of times you get really high, you just end up sitting around.

Ease in slowly - as pot increases anxiety in some unlucky people - and don't drive. Other than that, it's an enjoyable pastime now and then.

• Is this a joke? Sure some people say that marijuana is harmless, but marijuana eventually leads to side effects such as, damage to brain and also it can encourage you to try other drugs which is bad.

• You're just having fun. You don't care who sees! You're just going out. That's how it's suppose to be. Living young and wild and free 😁

• This is pretty stupid. Why change yourself just because something is becoming legal? Gay marriage is legal, you wanna get married to the nearest chick you see?

• no, cuz I'm not a lesbo.

• And you aren't a pothead either. But you seem all willing to change that because it's getting legal.

Don't rely on a stupid plant to solve your problems

1 private opinion(s)