How long can you stay awake?

How long can you stay awake?

• 1 day
  • 2 days
  • 3 days
  • Oh my days
  • I sleep the whole day
  • I never sleep
  • I'm going to sleep bye

Most Helpful Girl

• I only sleep 3 times a week, so, I'm awake for between 40 and 55 hours *on average*.
    Given that, you'd expect my answer to this question to be truly crazy, but, it really isn't. The longest I've been awake is only about 100 hours or so.

I was living in Houston when Hurricane Katrina hit. Luckily, my father was staying with us at the time, so he was able to stay home and take care of my son (who was 2 years old at the time) while my husband and I jumped in the car and ROCKETED down to the scene.
    (Apropos of nothing, that was one of the most pleasurable drives of my life. For obvious reasons, there was almost no traffic going FROM Houston TO New Orleans -- especially once we passed Baton Rouge -- so we made the whole trip at an average speed of about 130 mph, cutting what's normally a 5-6 hour drive down to about 3.5 hours. We didn't get pulled over, but, if we had gotten pulled over, I simply could've explained to any Texas or Louisiana state trooper exactly where we were going and why, and that would have been taken care of in a hurry. (: )
    When we got to NOLA, my husband and I went to work with the FEMA teams, and we worked for a little over 77 hours before the people in charge finally figured out that we hadn't taken any time off shift yet. (They didn't pick up on that because the shift leaders kept changing, lol.) They MADE us leave, for some liability-related reasons I guess? Dunno really.
    In any case, it was fun -- it was like a competition between me and my husband. "I bet yr gna tap out first." "No, YR gna tap out first." ahahah

Including the drive to NO, the work, the drive back to Houston (yeah we actually drove all the way back before sleeping ahaha), and miscellaneous hanging-out after we got back, it was somewhere around 100 hours total that we were awake.
    Not bad considering the only drugs I had was one Ritalin pill at around the 60-hour mark.

The scary part was that I wasn't even really sleepy after all that -- I still had to take my usual pre-sleep pills (anti-hypertensives, not "sleeping pills" in the traditional sense). Driving back to Houston after 90 hours awake was totally not a problem at all.

By the way, if you have sleep issues and have questions about them, feel free to pm me. I went over 10 years on something like 10-15 hours of sleep per week (yes, that's an average of less than 2 hours per day, for more than ten years), and I know pretty much everything there is to know about coping with sleep deprivation and fucked-up

Most Helpful Guy

• the longest i have stayed awake is 48 hours

What Girls Said 18

• Probably could have lasted longer but I basically did two shifts back to back. Woke up at 10am, went to work at 6pm, worked until 6am, came home, stayed up until 2pm, went back to work until 2am... then went to sleep at 4am.

It was a rough time. Would not advise.

• I think my maximum was 4 or 5. When I was in my early Teens.

Now? I'm lucky to make it 24 hours!!!

• Wow! when once i called you energetic i wasn't wrong haha :p

• Lol, in my younger years. Now? I barely stay up past 10pm. Unless I have a legitimate reason.

• I'm going to sleep bye
    hahahah

• "i'm going to sleep bye" i cannot function without a certain amount of sleep, im the type to go to sleep at 9

a lot of americans and Canadians that i see around here have insomnia or a messed up sleep schedule since it's nighttime for them whenever i'm on

• Crash after four... I generally keep three my limit. One the first 24 hours are past its easy, you become progressively less effective on the third day though so plan accordingly

• Hmm, maybe a day. I love to sleep.

• The most I've gone without sleep was 4 days, I just wasn't tired that week. I slept around 7 hours that entire week lol.

• The longest I've gone is 5 days without sleep and that's because I was on a road trip and didn't wanna miss anything. But to makeup for it, I slept for a total of 16 hours solid including bathroom breaks.

• I think my record is about 50 hours and I was literally drop dead tired at the end of that.

• My "record" is 36 hours. I could have stayed up longer, but I get really anxious and fearful when I'm sleep deprived (maybe even delusional). I thought it was in my best interest that I got some sleep.

• 2 days. I will however be an emotional wreck the whole time

• I need at least 6 hrs of sleep a night

• I'm insomniac. So i guess a day..

• i think i can do 2 days easily :p

• I can stay awake up to 7:00 in the morning

• Yesterday I had stayed up until 3. Usually I fall asleep by 12.

• I think the most I've stayed up is 2 days

• 2 days without sleep I never try more cause it's dangerous for m health

What Guys Said 13

• I made it one whole night without sleeping and slept the next night. I was exhausted... So I guess 2 days.

• 50 hours

• The longest was over 3 days when my best friend was in hospital after overdosing. Eventually I couldn't keep my eyes open any more.

• 2 days I guess... after that it gets difficult

• The longest someone has ever stayed up for on record and survived is 11 days.
    Sleeping for less than 7hours a night reduces life expectancy.

Um... a day and a half to two days.

• w/o drugs? 2 days. but i'm falling asleep everywhere

• As long as I need to.

• I rembernd I tried not sleeping for 2 days let me tell you it doesent feel goo for some reason my body shivers in the heat and when I went to in a cold restraint I was shivering like it was the Artic

• A day or so

• The longest I've went is 2 days, but I could probably hit 3 if I needed to.

• I sleep lesser than norm but I can't stay awake for more than 48 hours.

• Did a week without sleep when I was 14. Probably the longest I will ever do in my life and in all honesty I think I dozed off a few minutes here and there. I also did 10 days without eating. A bit surprised my parents were okay with the latter, the former they didn't know about.

• I never check these things but I've actually been up for days and days. All I know is the longest time I was up how others were reacting to me; I didn't do anything wild but I had a really hard time talking. XD