"Cool" people are just not creative, agreed?

you know, that most typical kind of cool people: good looking, chilled, popular with everyone, knows all the cool places and cool things that are happening, and just... cool.

But I have also noticed over the years that, while they look good on the outside, these kinds of people are also never the kinds who are actually capable of coming up with something original and creative and fun and authentic, basically by being cool they are by definition trend followers, they only do things that they know other people will think is cool, hence they never actually go and do things that are weird or stupid or awkward and socially unacceptable, but that's usually where the most creative stuff originate from, don't you think so?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nuh uh!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Disagree. I'm a designer, I don't follow trends, and I basically do whatever I want. I'm not a sheep that follows the herd.
    Sure there are some "cool" people that lack brains, but there are many others that do have better brains than most people.

You're just assuming. It's like saying because he's a QB, he must be an asshole, or because she has guy friends she must be a slut. Your popularity and "coolness" have nothing to do with how "creative" you are.

• and yet your profile pic is yellowclaw, which is part of that oh-so-typical "cool" trend that I am talking about.

• what i am saying is, "cool" people are never the ones who will be willing to take that irrevocable first step into the unknown, they are not... explorer.

• They do. Like I said, being cool has nothing to do with that, plus, if you think about it, cool people are actually the ones that do that.
      You're probably just thinking about the stereotypical popular kid in HS, but those aren't the only "cool" people out there.

What Girls Said 4

• Nah, that's a generalization and I disagree with it.

• Yeah they're all pretty basic.

• Come on, you don't actually believe that right?

• True for some false for others...

What Guys Said 6

• You definition of "cool" differs from mine. People I would consider cool get along with people, but are smart, open, and don't follow trends, though they may make them. They look good because they are comfortable with themselves, and generally don't care much about fashion.

• I definitely see this sometimes, but not always. I would say you are around 90-96% correct, in saying that most people in that group are the way you describe. It really depends on the individual.

• When we entrust the popular kids with coming up with anything remotely creative that's when we end up saying stuff like. com and boom at the end of every sentence.

With that said, I know some massively creative people who are cool and some pretty useless types who aren't cool. One size doesn't fit all.

• yeah i am not creative or cool so I don't know
    i would kill to be either

• No, I don't think so. I actually think that in order to be a trendsetter you need to be anything but eccentric. Eccentricity is rarely attractive to most people.

• Not at all.