Would you date a guy who doesn't drive?

I live in a pretty small city where everything is close, you can walk around and get everywhere easily, and it's only like a 30 minute bus ride to get from one end of the town to the other. There is really no need for a car.

I have heard women don't like guys who do not drive, is this true? Do you need a car in order to date women?

Girls, would you date a guy who doesn't drive?

• Yes, I would date a guy who doesn't drive.
    62%(21)44%(25)Vote17%(4)
  • No, I wouldn't.
    32%(11)25%(14)Vote13%(3)
  • Other
    3%(1)2%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • Results
    3%(1)29%(17)Vote70%(16)
Assuming that you don't have to be his chauffeur, he can get himself to places on his own.
bump

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest the last 2 guys I dated didn't drive. We just walk to most places :) or get a bus or taxi.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drive, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I think driving is overrated anyways.

What Girls Said 27

• No.

I live in a small rural community with farm fields between all the houses. What's he going to do? Walk to my house? Where are we going to go? There're no stores, nothing... the closest town (also small) is a 15 minute drive away. The closest town with anything worth doing is a 20 minute drive on the highway from the town that's 15 minutes away lol

Like... no, that's unrealistic.

• In that scenario I MIGHT, but it usually is a benefit if a guy can drive. And it's a small town, so how are they going to leave? How are they going to get out and explore the world? Also, what's his excuse for not having a car/license?

I live in a small town. It feels like a prison. And I don't know about yours, but there's not a "real" store nearby. You have to drive 15-30 minutes to a larger store to get certain items. There are only markets in my town, and they only sell food. The girl would have to do all the driving, and that would suck.

I voted yes, but I think I should have voted no.

• My sister's and cousin's woukdnt , but they are all prima donna's unlike them I understand the struggle lol. So this wouldn't be a problem for me, why would I get upset over this that shows the chick is kinda materialistic in a way but not completely. I mean I take public transportation and I live in a big city. We can ride pat and turner all year☺p. s. pat and turner means patting ur feet and turning those corner's a. k. walking😂

• That's something that wouldn't bother me. I prefer to walk everywhere. I have a car, but I only use it to get to work, get groceries, or drive out to see family. Otherwise I walk everywhere in my city. A lot of the time I don't even use the car to get groceries, I just carry all the bags home.

• I'm already dating someone who doesn't drive. It is not a big deal.

• So do you guys just meet up for dates or what?

• @Resoglass Well, no, since we live together :P If we go out on a date, it's usually somewhere either walking distance or somewhere we get the bus to.

• I'm already dating someone who doesn't drive. Neither do I.

• YES! lol!

• Honestly I might have a lot of expectations for a guy when I consider dating him but driving or owning a car definitely isn't one of them. I'm a better driver than most guys anyways lol 💁🏻

• Yes. We could still go to places because public transportation here is cheap.

• it would depend I guess. If he lived in a big city where it's impractical to have a car then who cares but where I live if you don't have a car you're kind of screwed. It would definitely be off putting if I had to drive him everywhere

• it doesn't matter

• No because I do not want to be the chauffeur

• What if he can get himself to places on his own (public transit, walking, etc..) without ever bothering you to drive him around?

• Still would prefer if he drove

• not having a car is such a hassle, i couldnt be bothered to date a man who didn't drive

• oil is gonna run out in 50 years, we can get one of those two person bikes if we're going on a date haha

• Yes I would

• Yeah why not?

• I drive so I don't really care if my partner does or not.

• Yeah sure

• Yep.

• Couldn't care less. Most people my age do not drive here.

• I'm dating a guy who doesn't drive. So meh haha

• It depends on the person I would like to date. If a guy I have a crush on but doesn't have a car asked me out, I would say yes. Cause it's not all about the car, its all about the person :)

• i dont drive either so whatevs

• Considering I don't either, yeah. Seems like such a dumb thing to reject someone over.

• No, I wouldn't... Because I always find it's very sexy for men to drive.

• No, I wouldn't cause I hate walking and I hate the most all the things like bus.

• No I wouldn't. We need a car for everything.

What Guys Said 3

• A guy who doesn't drive is basically a flightless bird ain't he?
    Driving and riding is more than just about getting from point A to point B.
    It's a declaration of FREEDOM and LIBERTY and HGNNNGNNG *american dream intensifies*
    Anyway. I'm a guy so I'm just here to rant. Interesting pole results tho.

• i wouldn't care too much if she didn't drive, but I'd hope she drives eventually.

• me bein a guy i can it can be true more than not becasuse im in the same bote but the circamstances are a bit more complicated. but you can find women who dont care but from the women i have met no car means you dont get ackowledged