Why don't you believe in God?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. No good reasons or evidence.
    2. Some physicists are coming around to the idea that the universe was created from nothing.
    3. I disbelieve in specific types of gods, ones like Zeus and Thor, elemental deities, but also gods that have certain characteristics of omniscience, omnipotence, benevolence, those gods don't exist.
    4. It's arrogant to think that one species of primate on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy among billions of galaxies is somehow special.
    5. With regards to specific religions, the Abraham god in most conceptualizations is an asshole who isn't worthy of worship, even if he did exist.
    6. The Tanakh, New Testament, Qur'an, Vedas and the Pali Canon were all created by people who had political, social and economic agendas for power and control. They have also been changed several times to fit different social circumstances.
    7. In the case of Christianity, there isn't enough evidence that can demonstrate Jesus was a historical person. It's like 50-50. And I cannot wager my soul on a 50-50.
    8. If god, you mean the creator of the universe, then I think he is a prick. He's probably the biggest prick who could ever be conceived.
    9. Dualistic religion doesn't give an adequate enough response to why there is suffering, death, destruction, chaos, inefficiency, and irrationality in the world.

What Girls Said 15

• Because I have no reason to believe in something that has no factual proof of existing.

• It would be futile for anyone to challenge my belief that God exists , because I have an unshakable belief and faith in God

• Because I can!

• Because Satan sounds so much more fun!
    😛 *cough* jk *cough*

• Because the whole concept just doesn't make sense to me. Where did God come from?

• Bc organized religions scream "fake" to me, like rlly... Eternal hell... A little drastic dont u think lmao

• Because I believe in science over a book.

• I'm a skeptic but I don't believe in the Bible. in my opinion, that was written to suit the writer. Religion is a way to control the masses. I don't fully deny God in terms of being creator of the universe though.

• I do...

• I always believe in Him. :)

• I have no reason to.

• why do you?

• Because I prefer to look at facts, rather than something I wish we're a reality.

• I just can't. I wish I did though.

• I do... But I'm skeptical of organized religion because humans are flawed.

What Guys Said 26

• Well to me believe means that you feel so strongly about it that you know it to be true. I just don't feel that way about the existence of god. I identify as agnostic so I accept both possibilities however I strongly doubt the existence of a God who loves everyone equally or grants prayers. It just doesn't make sense to me. I am more inclined to believe in a god who created the world and just sat back like "fuck it, I'm done" and decided to just watch things unfold without interfering with anything.

• Which 'god' and why imply only one?

• Which one? Pick your choice:

wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg
      (The list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
      Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're ALL jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

• Why post this list of perhaps hundreds, most of which nobody knows anything of? Are we to choose, and respond?
      Why not simply say which you believe in, why, and start the conversation?
      Seems like a ‘Lawyer response!’

• @SomeGuy37
      If you want the world to believe in god (s) you should at least say which one (s) among the thousands of gods Mankind invented. :)

• Why should I believe in god?

• try to think like him, something which is greater than great decided to make a huge universe and yet decided to choose a part which can't equal the size of a dot on a paper comparing to this universe and created creatures on it which also can't equal a dot size also comparing to this planet so they are nothing comparing to the universe and for these tiny silly creatures he made a system and sent many prophets to them to convince them to believe in him while he could create them believing in him from beginning, and yet he creates a big heaven and hell to reward and punish them ! the question you should ask what is all this about? for what he needs us? what he gets from creating us and then judge us?

• someone who takes all of the credit and none of the blame, toys around with humans and tortures his followers... seems legit

• Because there's no evidence for the existence of a god and a universe without a god makes for a simpler (less assumptions) model.

• Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

• I don't not believe in God.

• For the same reason you don't believe in the Easter Bunny.

• Who says I don't believe in the Easter bunny, if not him then who leaves eviscerated rabbits on my doorstep every Easter

• Because I believe in myself.
    So I don't need to believe in some imaginary being to do stuff magically for me when I am capable enough to do them myself.

• Well there may be a god or some gods or that which meets the definition of a god, but it sure as hell isn't Abrahamic mythology, or many of the others. Those are social constructs created to control humans.

• Just seems like a fairytale tbh

• It's depends on how you divide God from religion - I don't believe in any religion we are just ants compared to the rest of the universe

• Firstly there's literally NO proof and any evidence is horribly weak
    Secondly we actually know where most religions and their ideas came from! That'd be like believing in Harry Potter despite knowing the books were written by jk Rowling

• I believe that we all came from somewhere, through evolution.
    But I have no respect for any organised religious group, they are all self serving hypocritical child abusers who have no respect for equality or diversity.

• because there is no scientific proof.

no, please don't try to change my mind.

• The problem is people don't understand religion. And they think of God as "a man in the sky"... It's more complex than that as is the concept of theology.

Atheists used to be more intellectual and more sophisticated in the past.

• It's just a myth and I'm not a follower.

• Look at the meaning of myth in the dictionairy

• I'm spiritual but not religious however, why do you care, they aren't hurting anyone

• I believe in God, not the religious one, but i believe in the Force, the Universe, the Energy, it has different names, but not certainly the religious one, i don't abide by laws made by some religious punk, i abide by laws that govern the universe.

• Because there's no proof of any god actually existing.

• Because there's no credible evidence that stands up to scientific scrutiny.

• God is imaginary.

• i do just not in the sme aspect as you if youare religious

• I do believe in god, I believe in Odin, why don't you?