Girls, how important is intelligence for you in a man?

Lets say he failed one of the major exams in the program that he is in but everything is just so perfect about him except that.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Intelligence is a big thing in my opinion. But failing an exam, or even several exams, doesn't make someone less intelligent I think. I consider myself to be fairly intelligent and I have failed plenty of exams before lol. Usually because I might have focused on things I thought were important and were going to be on the test, just to find out that the teachers had chosen a completely different set of questions that I weren't as prepared for. How he uses his intelligence in real life matters more to me than how well he succeeds in his exams. And plenty of people cram for exams, get good grades, and then forget all about what they've just learned. That's not intelligence, in my eyes.

What Girls Said 44

• oh a big brain is soooo sexy. but just because he fails one test dose not mean he's not smart all it means is he failed one test oh well. when it comes to being in school every one has something there good at like math and something there bad at such as history. The most important thing for me is that he's going to school in the first place and that he has dreams and goals and wants to better his life for himself and who ever he may be with such as family a girlfriend etc that is true intelligence to me.

• Personally, being intelligent is important, BUT.. not all exams measure intelligence, it could just measure memory. Just because you didn't excel during this exam does not mean you're not intelligent.

There are so many factors that make up someone being attractive, someone who is intelligent without any drive is not that attractive. I'm sure you have lots of other traits that make you appealing to others. Try not to focus on just one exam to dictate your future relationships.

• veery important. I don't want to talk to a wall!

• It's one exam lol, not a big deal at all. Intelligence is important to me, but I wouldn't think he was dumb if he failed one thing.

• Academics is important to me so I expect the same for the boyfriend, but he doesn't have to be 4.0 student but he can't be happy with D's and F's. Besides we all make mistakes and I know I'm intelligent, but those state exams are tricky and irksome and even the best of us fail. However, I look at how he uses intelligence everyday. If he has social intelligence, a level head and mature; all is good. There are some very smart people who are smart in academics but total idiots when it comes to common sense and I don't want that kind of boyfriend.

• It's pretty important. I'm not the smartest person around but I'm not exactly an idiot either so I'd want him to at least be able to keep up with me. My boyfriend is so much smarter than me and that's fun but it can be a little intimidating.

• Okay. Let us say he failed in that major exam but in everything else, you know he is intelligent.

• Ok but what if he took it like 5 times before passing? Would it change anything?

• That would probably make me think he'd not tried hard enough the past five times.

• I'm not going to review SAT scores or college GPA but I do appreciate an intelligent conversation with diversity of subject matter.

• failing an exam doesn't mean he isn't smart. it just means he failed an exam..

• it's important, but intelligence is more than doing well in exams. Failing exams shows other character traits, but intelligence is much more than acing tests.

• Intelligence is sexy as fuck but I don't believe that intelligence has much to do with what grades you get at school. There are many ways for a person to be intelligent. It's not SUPER important to me, but he better have some common sense. No common sense at all is a dealbreaker.

• Intelligence is important, very important. Intelligence and a sense of humor are most important to me. However, grades are not the only determination of intelligence.

• Really failing an exam, if it only happened once, isn't the end of the world. It's more important that a guy is just smart, plans his future, is tenacious, etc.

• I need intelligence

• Extremely important

• Very. it adds A LOT to the personality.

• A lot

Intelligence and education is related with more emotional maturity and kindness

Although not always XD lol

• I'd rather be with a wise man than intelligent

• Intelligence is a must. That being said, exams have little to do with intelligence. I wouldn't judge a guy based on his grades or education level.

• I don't expect him to be extra intelligent and know everything in the world, for example using technical terms is the worst that I can imagine and I have classmates who always does and it's horrible. Just not to be sooo stupid as hell and we could talk without explaining things twice. But guys usually have spelling mistakes that shouldn't bother me, but it does, not all word but some.

• For me, general knowledge and being able to hold a good conversation/ social intelligence is way more important than educational intelligence. Besides, exams are more a test of memory rather than brain power.

• Intelligence is very important, and failing a test has nothing to do with how smart you are. You can memorize all day and Ace a test but still haven't learned the material

• Extremely. I consider it a dealbreaker if a guy isn't highly intelligent.

• Regarding your question about the exam, people tend to be good at different things. For example, I'm not amazing at statistics.

• Top 3 on my list. I can't be with a stupid man.

• Extremely important!!! He has to be a mensa member.

• Intelligence is very important to me but failing one exam isn't a huge deal. I mean you can be extremely intelligent worldly and in other subjects and yet fail a course but that doesn't make you stupid. See what I mean?

• Failing a major exam doesn't necessarily reflect in one's intelligence.

• That's not the kind of intelligence that matters to me.

• #1 because intelligence=good college=good career=success=money=ability to care for our children

• Intelligence > everything

• I don't think it would bother me because I wouldn't want so smart jerk who thinks he better than everyone else but I also don't want a "Ken" who plays dumb all the time.

• More from Girls
    14