Is it strange that the main thing I find attractive about women is their name?

I've noticed that if I like a woman's name, I tend to fancy them more whereas if I don't, I'm not as attracted to them. I'm kind of worried about this as well because I have a growing concern that I'm being too judgmental. Is it strange?

Most Helpful Girl

• So if let's suppose you like the name "milli"
    And I tell you my name is milli.. And you decide you like me primarily because of this, and start being nice to me.,,, Then after some time you know me well and really like me,.. I say "hey my name is not really "milli", it's "vesper" .. And let's suppose you hate this name or find it ugly.. Does your liking toward me change then? ...

Anyway, just curious about that... But anyhow, a name has a lot to do with how others perceive you for the most part. lo not always and not to everyone... But certainly for many !! For example, your name can actually help you get a job, or a higher position, but it can also nOT help you get a job or a position... Because the way your name sounds can definitely give the person who is to give you the position, a first impression based on your name before even seeing you. That's why I think parents should not name their kids weird ass freakin' names just to be "unique" .. Cause it can possibly mean future failure.. Where they dismiss you before you even get a chance to proof your good skills.

And that aside... I personally "sometimes" .. Can start to like a name that I didn't like before, if someone I find attractive has it and is nice to me.. lo for example the name "Henry" , I always thought it was ugly and for old men only... Then one day I met a super handsome guy with this name.. And I started to like the name 😂😂weird!! But it happens!!

• So to say answer to your question.. No, it's not too strange.. It's more common than you think. :]]!!

What Girls Said 4

• That's something unusual, at least I haven't encountered that yet, but whatever. I have seen an article where guys (pls people don't hate me for stating what was the article about) were judging women for having strech marks and some cellulite.
    So, whatever flights your goat.

• Have you been in relationships with women with those who had an attractive name? And did it ever last?

• I think that is normal but maybe that is just because I really like my name and think is makes me more attractive :p haha

• Weird! If my name was Ashley or Scarlett u would find that attractive but if my name was Sam or Samantha u wouldn't

• It's not the defining factor but there's a possibility of that, yes.

• Yeah, weird.

What Guys Said 0