How to face ex and his new girlfriend at an event and handle it like a BOSS?

SO I will attend my friend's graduation. My ex will be there (since he's graduating as well). His new girlfriend will attend and his family. I don't see the girl as competition whatsoever. I don't know if he is trying to replace me etc but I want to handle this like a true BOSS and slay. I have a hot outift. But any tips that helped you guys?

We broke up on Nov because i didn't trust him anymore/felt like was cheating. Month after he was hanging out with girl i suspected and hoe friends. And its been a month since he has been in a relationship with a girl (who had crush on him for 3 years). HOW to HANDLE iT AND SLAY?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep u got it: Look damn good.

Also: do not stare at them. If u could get a guy to go with u that would also be cool. If not then you'll still be fine. If he's cordial toward you, be cordial in return. You're here to celebrate your friend graduation, don't let him or his girlfriend ruin it. Something tell me either the breakup is fresh (less than a year maybe) or ur not 100% over everything. The good news is when you're truly over it (and that day will come) u wouldn't even need to ask this question. He could ask u to his wedding and you'd show up. So I hope u go and have fun and not worry about him. I wish u all the best & I'm counting on u to totally slay😘

• Thank you. Yes, I won't stare at them, but what if he or she makes eye contact. Like in cases if i were to bump into them both or him. Yes it is fresh but weird part is I've seen pics of them and i ain't affected. Yes I will slay hahah i promise

• Thanks for MH. Hope everything goes/went well for u.

• Thanks! I'll be going to event soon this coming week. Found out that me not having sex was an issue since he had sex with new girl after a month of going out

What Guys Said 13

• I've always felt like acting very friendly and civil is the best way to handle these kind of situations. If you wear hot outfits and that kinda thing, you'll probably come across as desperate. His new girlfriend will say "hehe, look, she's trying real hard to make you regret it!" (or something along those lines). If you simply ignore them, it can come across as trying hard to avoid them and thus being insecure about it all.
    If you exchange a few friendly words with them and you say something like "I'm happy for the two of you if you guys are happy together" you'll come across as very mature and your kindness will make any hostility or ridicule on their part impossible. Being so friendly with a guy who broke up with you might feel humiliating and inside you might be cringing but if you manage to act like you're not only over it but you're totally fine and happy with him having a new girlfriend, they'll probably be quite impressed and surprised.

• Well I always wear good outfits that flatter me. SO it is quite in my nature to dress to impress. And I was thinking so, like if i were to see them and i bumped into them I would just be like Congrats on graduating! And im happy for the two of you guys. And i could just smile and leave. Really it would impress him and her?

• By my last sentence I meant that I certainly would be impressed and positively surprised, in case it wasn't quite clear.

• Yes you are right in that sense. I guess ill use that line in case i bump into them head on

• Let them come to you... don't go chasing after him and gushing. If he comes to you, be polite, but distant and cool, as if you barely remembered him.

• You're going to come across pretty transparent here. It's obvious somethings still there. Just steer clear and don't interact with them. If you do interact just pleasant and quick about it. It sounds like you're trying to illicit some form of feeling, reaction from him.

• Ask a hot guy to go with you so you can 1up him. Say to your ex this guy actually knows how to please me in bed haha.

• hahahah nah. I want to show him i dont need to jump into relationships to be happy. And we never had sex so. What would an ex do that would make you regret it? like in my situation.

• hahah will do. i need all the advice a girl can get. feel free to message me

• Ok sounds good!

• Simply ignore his presence there. Don't acknowledge him and stay away from him. If you find yourself next to him or introduced to him by a friend, treat him as a stranger.

• How do you treat someone you once loved/loved you as a stranger without it being awkward lol

• It's tough, but experience will show that once you become the master of your mind you will have no trouble dealing with the situation. If anything, he will be the one that will feel awkward.

• Why will he feel awkward?

• when they call his name...

YOU STAND UP AND CHEER THE LOUDEST. call out his name for good measure.

=]

• Just focus on your friend. Don't even acknowledge your ex, unless he makes contact with you. Then just be civil

• Ignore them. Don't greet them. Let them come to you.

• If YOU left him then HE can do what he wants, right? You didn't want him anymore, so acting weird around him now is just contradictive.

• It was mutual, but he kind of gave up on us. He was texting with a girl who was pursuing him. Then after breakup month after was hanging out with her and sleazy friends. He would deny that he cheated but things showed other wise. ANd then after she didn't workout, he asked a girl who pursued him as well to be his girlfriend

• I think go with a hot guy? Coz' that would make me jealous. Real jealous.

• lol there's a cute guy very attractive but he's shorter than my ex. he's 5'6 and my ex is 6 ft

• I don't know i dont think i would feel comfortable or at ease taking the guy but i will contemplate it.

• If that so, just the hot outfit then.

• just go and put him in in the back of your mind.

• lol i can do that but what if i bump into him face to face. It is inevitable as well

• Respect for not giving in. Girls are known to be irrational hard headed and easily provoked... you'd be proven that that are none of those things. THAT is why you'd get respect.

• True and he would want to push my buttons but by ignoring him he wouldn't get that satisfaction

• Make out with the new gf! It'll throw them all off

• Fuck her right in the pussy.

What Girls Said 9

• Okay, basically just walk in with your head up high. Try to mentally prepare yourself for every scenario. Whether they even talk to you or not, or eve acknowledge your presence, try to keep in mind you are there to support your friend who is graduating, not to see your ex. So try to make that the main focus of the night.

If they do come over to talk to you, try to remain civil, and don't throw any shade. Just be friendly and try to keep the conversation as short as possible. Hopefully your friend can save you, by whisking you away to meet some of her other friends or even teachers. That way you can escape having to face your ex for any prolonged period of time.

Try not to look at them or try to find them in the crowd. Keep busy, meet people and make small talk with some of the other people attending. This could be a great opportunity to meet new people and make some friends.

Good luck!

• Great advice! what if there's unexpected eye contact from afar?

• If they unexpectedly look at you while you are looking at them, just play it off real cool. Try not to draw too much attention, and don't hold eye contact long. Eye contact happens. Whatever you do try not to look sad or too excited to see them. Just quickly move on to other things in the room. Pretend you are just scanning around you.

• Great tip! WIll keep it in mind

• bring a hot guy as your new boyfriend. or just be a BOSS. laugh smile act like your having a good time he prob cares more then you do anyways.. funny story i broke up with a boyfriend and he like legit cried at a concert because he saw me i loled because we were dating a month. but then like three years later he was super anxious and wouldn't come up to the register when i rang up his new girlfriend. funny how they act like they dont care but in reality they are shitting in their pants.

moral of the story you shouldn't give two fucks do you be you live your life.

• hahahah this seriously made me laugh. And yes both exes are always nervous even though they don't look like it. But i will look extra good so he can actually shit his pants on how stupid he was.

• Yes do it up 🤗 That's the attitude to have ! It can be super awk and you can be a nervous wreck but never show it on the out side. Keep your game face on.

• Yes SLAY face on. Will repeat to myself. The queen has arrived move peasants lol to feel confident lol

• Take the bull by the horn! Go up to them say hello and greet them. Introduce yourself to the new girl with a big smile. Look your best and stay classy.

• hahahah you are the first person who told me that! It is just so confusing so many people tell me no ignore, others say be civil if you see them, its like I don't know. But i dont want to approach because he was an ass saying that i had sex with him when i didn't

• There is no time like right now to learn! I wasn't bold I learned to become one. With it your confidence soars.
      He is no longer your boyfriend. Have a brief yet pleasant enconter then be done with it.

• Yes. I might do that but if i dont feel like it i will simply ignore him.

• By staying professional!

• Does it really matter lol. You two broke up and I assume just by the context you don't talk to him so keep it that way. Focus on your friend's graduation rather than an ex that so happens to be there.

• we dont talk after i flipped out on him told him i didn't want to get back together or a relationship for the matter after he said we had sex when we didn't

• Congratulations, actually we have a lot to share. If you'd like we can compare the list of girls that he cheated on you and compare them to my list.

• If you got a hot outfit then you must still want him. Don't try to get his attention, he has obviously moved on because he got a girlfriend. Just forget him and pretend he is not there

• Well I mean regardless i always dress to nines. But i just wanted to describe it a bit.

• Just be cool. Act like you don't care. If you do anything, he can tell you're trying too hard. Just have fun. Don't look at him. Act like you moved on.

• True act like i dont care. And if in case of bumping into him? I will be with a girl friend so

• Not really. Just shrug it off. He doesn't deserve any attention from you. Just smile, be confident, and have fun. Enjoy it for your friend, at least.

• Interesting. I thought that if i deliberately ignored him it would make him think that i wasn't over him. But will do

• Be a boss without saying anything