Why do girls say I'm hot/cute online?

But in real life I don't think girls even know I exist.

Like all I get is stares.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stares is all your gonna get. Stares is how we let you know we like you. We stare so you will come and talk to us.

• Yup, this ^^ in most cases, girls purposely getting caught checking you out is their "approach"

• @ConsultantIsBack
      The same guys that say they want women to approach are the ones that find assertiveness in women unattractive.

• Alright, a smile without showing teeth and introduction got it...

Fuck there's a lot of girls that stare at me though guess I have to become a player

What Girls Said 12

• Lol same!

• Flattering. It's an easy psychological ploy to get closer to you, and maybe even get a dick pic.
    I hate to be blunt, but that's just my hypothesis.

But hey, I'm a girl, and I know you exist now, haha. :D

• Darling, if you get stares, it's pretty obvious they find you attractive.. Why else would they stare? You a freak?
    Srsly don't understand how a person can get stared at, and be physically insecure. Ugh... Unless, they're all ugly girls? Hah, then I'd understand.

• Being stared doesn't make alwaya feel good. I'm handsome (according to people). I get stared not only by girls but also by older women than me even sometimes by men. It's not like staring it's like keeping their mouth open, wide eyes. Believe me I sometimes feel like may be I'm looking weird.

• @fermatote OMG, I'm daft. Never mind..

• No worries :)

Also I just searched "wide eyes" in Google. The kind of picture I saw thats really creepy... LOL. Actually sorry people doesn't look at me that way. Looks like I dont know proper way to explain peoples expression towards me :P

• people online know your personality too! we also don't have inhibitions since there's nothing to lose. in real life, you have to pry it out of us since we keep our hearts in neat little boxes within us. If I like a guy I stare a lot because i can't keep my eyes off! so do something about it!

• Alright I'm going to call her out on it

• Because people are more bold online. Maybe in real life they are afraid of approaching you.

• Maybe they are intimidated by you. A lot of girls expect guys to make the forst move so maybe that what they want you to do.

• Alright I'll just say hey what's up next time a girl stares at me

• Maybe girls are just a little shy or intimidated to approach you in real life.
    Stares does indicate that girls find you attractive.

• Well right now I don't see you I can't really say your cute or hot
    But I guess it's the way you talk to them on written or something like that

• Cause you get more attention online then in person

• what do u look like? ill tell u the truth :)

• I think people are more bold online than in real life

• Have the girls online seen you and that's why they call you hot and cute?

What Guys Said 4

• Lol I get 0 compliments from girls online and in real life. You just seem to be shy in real life though. You probably are good looking. Or else you wouldn't have girls complimenting you online.

• You're scared to initiate in real life maybe

• Probably because they like personality bro

• How frequent do you get stares? It's rare girl will approach to you.

• a lot

• Then you are good looking. If you are too good looking and want to be approached by girl, join any night clubs.

• Also keep in mind stare doesn't surely mean she's interested in you. She may be only attracted to you. If she's continously checking you then you can be sure.