Does anyone know what kind of bug this is?

I found it in my room last night and I'm terrified.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely a type of cockroach. If I had to guess, I'd say oriental cockroach. (If you live in northwest/midwest/souther US, these are more common)
    www.pestworld.org/.../orntlckroch-1f-1.jpg

If it is an oriental roach, on the bright side it can't fly. Downside is that it likes damp places so it may have come in through the sewer system. In any case, it also may have come in through under doors, basement windows, or garages... So one roach doesn't necessarily mean anything...

But when you start seeing several, that's a problem. That's when you contact pest control and make them reevaluate your home.

• That was quite a bit of information on roaches! Thank you sir! I have such a fear of bugs I already contacted the landlord about ordering an exterminator.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cockroach :x thankfully this one doesn't seem to fly

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

What Girls Said 7

• EWWW! PLEASE DON'T POST THIS!

• You've got roaches. It happens to the best of us.

• Its a cock roach 😜

• Some kind of beetle, though it looks like a cockroach due to the size.

• A cockroach i think?

• Excuse me? Why are you taking pictures of my son and then posting them on the internet for the whole world to see ?

• At least it's not a bed bug! Those little f*ckers will follow you!

• Thank you but now I'm worried about getting those

• That would be awesome I'll check on that

• Not sure where you live but that's usually how it works where I'm from. That's the beauty of renting: if there's a problem like that, it's the landlord's responsibility to take care of it because they're the ones who own the building and they wouldn't want the property value to go down and decrease business, now would they? :)