Do you think people who watch lots of slasher gory flims are secretly crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• we are all crazy deep inside, but the difference between a mass murdering psychopathic killer and you is that his spirit is broken : someone or something or a number of circumstances pushed him far beyond his breaking point.
    We all have a breaking point, some are harder to reach than others but we all have the potential to be mass murdering psychos

• No, some people are just born with the capabilities to destroy life and enjoy it. They're predators, it's not always about their spirit being broken, some serial killers have a completely normal life.

• @Blonde401 the parts where i put double quotes (you know these : " ") is where i quoted your words. And no i'm not a troll

• You clearly are. You're comparing things that are nothing alike and you're making out like you want to kill people. If you do, seek medical attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I have been watching horror/slasher films since I was 3/4 years old. Aside from having interests in horror movies, the paranormal and not looking/dressing like everone else I am normal. Never committed a crime in my life, I dont even drink or do drugs. Im a bore lol.

Sorry but comedies and romance just dont always entertain me and they are not that interesting.

• Okay haha! because people assume I am werid since I love that kinda of stuff. haha

• Yeah same here. you're not weird. Its funny sometimes, I had one boyfriend who did not like horror films at all and couldnt understand why I did. I have hundreds of horror films in my dvd collection.
      To me horror fans are like the comic book fans. Instead of idolizing Iron Man I idolize horror actors lol. Even met some.

What Guys Said 22

• Personally I love them but that might be because my sister started showing them to me when I was 4. I find some of the effects really visually appealing although I don't think mutilation and murder is normal in real life like most other people.

• No not really, I like horror films, but hated my turn to work in the morgue at the Naval hospital. I do think we're all a little crazy anyway. :P

• Well if I die you'll have to go to the morgue! lol

• I don't envy you that job man

• @bryon It was a long 2 years. I'm no longer doing that anymore.

• I think they're overtly crazy,

• No they just like a thrill

• No, they just have a preference for a certain type of fiction. Nothing bad about that. I myself don't watch them because I find them boring as fuck.

• No. I don't like horror or gory films, however I watched some odd shit out there on the Internet some that will make most people puke. Gory or horror films don't make people loose there shit. It's often abuse that causes deep psychological problems. Take me as an example I was emotionally and physically abused as a child to the point I tried to OD and leave this shit hole of a world at age of 15, my arms are covered with self inflicted cuts that left scars behind. And my ultimate dream is just to see the world burn to hell. This is what you call crazy and this is what makes people go crazy "abuse". Not some gory movie, hell I don't think snuff porn would make one go nuts. People who watch it truth do have few bolts loose but I doubt they would go full commando and kill everything that moves.

• I watch those as well!

• lol Nah! haha! I think I am more scared of finally ending my life. I get impulsive and they come strong sometimes.

• Well believe it or not should Canada had laid back Gun laws like US I would not be giving you a response to your answer today. In the end we are all different, some just gave up on life more then others and decent into a void.

Anyways enough of this depressing bullahit. I'm still around, so I guess it ain't my time to go.

• People who watch a lot of really violent films tend to be less intelligent.

I'm not saying that everyone who sees violent films is dumb, but most of the people who spend all their time watching slasher flicks and that kind of thing are pretty dumb, and stuck in this middle school mindset where everything needs to be hardcore all the time.

• No, WE are not.
    I'm one of this person, I like those kind of visuals, that's really all. Never went into a fight, never punched anyone my whole life still. And, most of all, never put on an hockey mask on my face and a machete on my hand.
    No wait, shit I did!
    Oh no, it was Rome's comicon. Good.

• Not at all. For that to be true the people are create them would have to be crazy, violent people. And as someone who has been forutnate enough to be around and talk to a lot of filmmakers for work, that is simply not true. People who are sick and wish to do harm onto others are going to do it no matter what violent movies, music or video games they consume.

• If that is the only kind of films they watch, I would be a little concerned. But to each their own.

• No, I watch them on occasion and While I'm crazy it has nothing to do with that.
    I also play plenty of violent video games

• Only if you would enjoy seeing that in real life too. I enjoy violent films a lot but any sort of violence in real life I don't like seeing. Including any sort of serious fighting like street fighting or whatever.

• Maybe.

• maybe a little but who isn't a little crazy?

• Yes you are. :p

• Hell no, I love horror /slasher movies.

• Well I will tell you a quote from from The Killing Joke that's should answer your question "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day".

• Probably 🔪🔪☠⚰

• Not crazy. Just terrible taste in my opinion... 😰

• No. They just enjoy chocolate milk...

• Yes. I used to watch back when I was younger and I'm secretly crazy.

• not really

What Girls Said 14

• desensitised maybe. In saying that I went to see SAW3D with friends (underage at the time) they were scared and I was bored. I find most of those movies the same except maybe horror films like paranormal activity or the conjuring I swear after seeing those movies I wanted to get a priest out to bless the house.

• hahah I find ghost stuff so boring! lol I like gory. at least it isn't so fake! I guess its for religious folks or people who believe in that shit!

• Nah! lol those things don't even exist!

• there not supposed to thats whats so scary about them if you encounter them.

• Not really. Some people just like thrills and chills and a reason to cozy up on the couch in a blanket with their dog or a friend!

Now, if they're the type of slasher, gory films where there's literately no suspense and just disgusting fake blood and graphic killing scenes... that's something that may be a bit of a red flag.

• I think people with an obsession of death/serial killers are probably a little... llama hat.

• I'm not crazy!!! xD

• Not true... I enjoy every bit of my insanity. (Crazy person speaking crazy) lol

• No, they just like the thrill of watching them and having their pants scared off.

• Yes. Filler.

• There are so few good slasher films worth watching. Films like Silence of the Lambs, the original Exorcist, the origional Carrie, etc are so good thought.

• no I think they're c00L and I wanna be friends w/ them

• No, many people I know offline just want to be film makers and admire the genre.

• No I love watching walking dead or fear the walking dead by the way xD

• Yes bc I watch them and I know I am crazy

• No, but I ll not watch this kind of movie for sure. They are too scary for me

• kinda