Do you delete people who you have not contacted for years on fb or cellphone?

Or people you contact who don't ever contact back?

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes me a long time to clear out old contacts on my phone because it's nothing something I normally think about. When I do, it's still hard to remove some people because there's always that chance they'll contact you for whatever reason. I don't want to be that jerk in that situation asking who the person is. xD

Most Helpful Guy

• On social media yes because as long as don't contact (talking about a year and more) because I don't want them to be a part of my private life anymore.
    On cellphone.. I don't know I'm too lazy
    If I lost their contact info then I won't try to get it back if not I wouldn't take the time to delete them

What Girls Said 16

• no fb, but when I did have one I was too paranoid about running into them and having to deal with unnecessary confrontation/awkwardness, so instead they would be put into a "special" blocked from posting/seeing anything group instead.

as far as my cell phone, yes. though I don't wait years.

• ... a guy I had only hungout with once actually sent me a text a whole year later once, long after I had deleted him.. really weird

• Not at all, I view it as kind of petty. I mean it's not like they're bothering you if they remain your fb friend. Nothing fake about it. Besides you never know if you post something that might catch their eye and that strikes up a interesting conversation.

So, for me no, I don't since I don't like dedicating that much energy to make sure I purge consistently if thecontent that the people I don't talk to anymore don't bother me.

As for the phone, that one's iffy. I do so occasionally when I'm bored and know for sure that that person won't randomly hit me up in the future

• i do, yeah.

• Yeah I do.

• hmm no I delete the number of someone I am still lingering on and have difficulties to move on and still want to contact him.
    so I delete the number problem solved haha

• Yes, since there's no reason for me to keep them.

• i should but i don't... information is information, what if i need that person's number one day? or i need to contact them for something?

• I don't have a facebook but from cell phone yes. Automatic delete. And if it's people that I have had an issue with I just block them just so they won't call me or I can at least have an idea so I won't answer them :).

• Yeah

• Yes I do.

• I only delete exes, guys who have ghosted me, and bad friends

• yes I do because not everyone that comes in to your is ment to stay in your life.

• Yeah, no point in keeping them.

• Yeah I clean my friendslist every year

• No, can't be bothered. I'm way too lazy to do that.

• Yes I do. I don't see the point of keeping contacts I no longer use.

What Guys Said 8

• i do occassionally. not as much on fb unless i see posts from them that annoy me but i do try and go through my phone every few years

• No. They are just there and I'm fine with it. Not much to see on my Facebook anyway. Nothing that would interest the people on my friend list.
    Only my family members are on my phone.

• no. who knows when i'll need to talk to them again? plus, i feel like it's pointless doing just because y'all haven't talked... and ain't nobody got time to go through all those people

• I do, but I purge my phone more often than Facebook. Facebook takes too much effort to purge :-P

• Yes, i clear that out

• For new Facebook friends, if they don't talk within a month I remove them. I don't add everyone just for numbers, as most people do. I only keep who talks.

• Yes, I like to keep my contacts nice and efficient, so I usually get rid of contacts I don't use periodically.

• Yeh just blocked 41 person