Would you rather spend a year in Brazil, Ecuador, India or Senegal? Rank from first to last pick?

Rank your order from most likely to least likely to go

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd vote Senegal first, because I've never been to Senegal before, but I've met LOTS of Senegalese guys (almost all guys) when I lived in Italy for a year. Super chill vibe, lots of spontaneous music and late-night hanging out... my kinda culture.
    I'd actually like the chance to visit someday, although... being understood would be an adventure. Between my husband's heavily Haitian-Kreyol-accented French and my horribly butchered Québecois French (from one year living in Montréal)... I bet we could get by. ahahah

Normally I'd put India 2nd, just because I usually put places I haven't been yet higher on these kinds of lists, but I've been to both Ecuador and Brazil multiple times and I LOVE them both. So, I vote Brazil 2nd and Ecuador 3rd.

Brazil gets the edge over Ecuador because...
    • Brazil is hot and sunny (at least the parts that I've visited) and Ecuador is surprisingly cold and cloudy (because of altitude / cloud forest). I HATE any weather that is not hot.
    • Brazil has better highways that are easier to drive. (Driving from any city in Ecuador to any other city in Ecuador involves snaking up and down mountains behind slow-ass buses and trucks that are belching out clouds of black smoke, and that you can't pass at all. Brazil has a modern system of multi-lane freeways connecting its major cities.)
    • Brazil has Brazilian beaches. Nuff said.
    • OMGGGGGG Brazil has pão de queijo omg omg omg omg omg omggggggg

Unfortunately that means that India is 4th place, although I'd still like to go. I want to see the architecture. And I want to go hang out in Rajasthan in April and May <3

What Guys Said 12

• that's tough
    Brazil
    India
    Senegal or Ecuador

all of these places are amazing. I chose Brazil or India only because if you are going to spend a year somewhere India and Brazil have a more diverse array of things to see, explore, do. if it was a shorter trip i'd probably choose senegal, brazil, ecuador, india

but i'd love to spend time in any of these places

• Same order
    Brazil - It's a big country with lots of choices on where to stay.
    Ecuador - Not too different from Brazil with some cool sights and okay living conditions.
    India - Also a pretty big country but the conditions there are harsh in their own way no matter where you stay.
    Senegal - Not sure I could fit in with the culture and society. Communication might be tough for me.

• In India.. You will need strong and trustful persons if you want to stay happy.. Cannot trust legal process or government services to help you.. Nation is corrupt and also due to huge population value on once life is less. .
    If you have strong connections then you will have many nice and fun people and the will definitely rock your world..
    Since you are anonymous I cannot tell how good your experience will be maybe message me if you want info on inside stuff.

• Brazil. I was born in Brazil and live here, so I have spent exactly 22 years in Brazil already. I don't think I'd spend a whole year in any of those countries in the question, so I'd rather just continue in Brazil.

• Brazil, Ecuador, Senegal, and i have no desire to go to india tbh

• That depends on the job and the income I'd have there.

• A poor person will have a shitty life in about all countries, even in Western Europe , even in Switzerland. A rich person will have a good life in every country.

• none : i don't want to die... can't you choose a country with less diseases?

• No. I'm taking a gap year and those are the four countries to chose from.

• @redeyemindtricks Oh, you saw "Tchau querida", that was epic, but it's also being a huge problem as situation develops and it seems to be far from an end. Oh, I recommend you to explore SP whenever you can, there are a lot of places to go. My town, for example, has a huge club of hot waters, it's among the 10 biggest in the world.

• @matheus_mb I'll definitely be back... someday

• 1. Brazil
    2. India
    3. Ecuador
    4. Senegal

• I go to brazil

• The same order you put them in.

• Ecuador first. Brazil second. Then Senegal and India.

The reason is simple. Ecuador women consistently win all the beauty pagents, and half the Victoria's Secret models are Brazilian. Senegal is somewhere that's relatively less explored. I have nothing against India, but I do love my steak and a year without steak is almost too much to bear.

• Brazil
    India
    Ecuador
    Senegal

• I'd go to all of those countries except Senegal. Africa doesn't interest me in the slightest. Only North Africa like Morocco, Algeria or Egypt.

What Girls Said 13

• 1. Ecuador
    2. India
    3. Senegal
    4. Brazil

Brazil is last due to that one time I watched animal planet and seeing all the poisonous animals that could kill you in horrible ways. Though all those countries sound like you have a high chance of being robbed, rapped, killed, etc.

• You're safe. I have never seen any of those poisonous animals, not everywhere is forest and it's really rare to see those animals unless you go to a zoo. The only exception is if you live in areas where there are forests, it's not the case where I live. Southeast and South Brazil are the places where you should go and also the beaches from the Northeast (they're beautiful).

Now being robbed is really a possibility. Rapped and killed is less likely, but it can happen... but it can happen anywhere in the world actually.

• Until the 1700s, life expectancy was between the ages of 25 and 35. Now it's much higher. Use it. Most people just waste their lives doing stupid and insignificant tasks, and then they die. Use the life you've been given, you only have one life.

• @MasterofPlebs I know that and in about a year going to move to Europe with my boyfriend who is Portuguese.

• Well, I have plenty of Senegalese friends and they're super cool so it's on the top of the list:
    1- Senegal
    2- Brazil (because I'm scared of Zika :x )
    3- Ecuador
    4- India

• 1. Brazil - they speak my language and i have family there
    2. Senegal - African country so less culture shock, i can get by with french
    3. India - gorgeous country but it'd be hard to adapt since i dont know hindi/punjabi
    4. Ecuador - don't know much about it except its on the equator in S america

• I'm from the Philippines so...
    1. India is nearer and this is where I'd go first
    2. Senegal next because it's in Africa
    3. Brazil follows and I'd like to go to Porto Alegre
    4. Ecuador last and I'll visit the Galapagos Islands

• I'll pick ecuador

• 1. Brazil
    2. Ecuador
    3. Senegal
    4. India

• Brazil so long as I sneak a gun with me since guns are banned there

• They're not exactly banned, but it's very difficult to get one legally. So, if you're bringing a gun, warn me, I wanna buy it xD

• Ecuador, Brazil, Sengal, India

• 1. Brazil
    2. India
    3. Senegal
    3. Ecuador

• Brazil**my main wish
    Senegal
    Ecuador
    India

I don't know much about other countries.

• Brazil, Ecuador, Senegal, India

• My mom's house
    My house
    My ex's house
    My other ex's house.

• Ecuador
    Brazil
    Senegal
    India