Is it creepy to google someone you barely know (but have met in real life) online?

So there's this extremely handsome man that I have briefly spoken with but he doesn't even know my name.. I googled him impulsively and looked At his Instagram. I know it's weird, but isn't this what society is like now? Is it creepy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would it be creepy or weird? Everyone Google's someone they're interested in.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely not weird, more people do it than are willing to admit.
    I am guilty of it.

• I mean, society is now built with immediate access to everything, it pretty much makes sense to make use of it.

What Guys Said 2

• The person you look up might find it creepy :D But I do it too, quite much. But I do internet research as a job, so I know how to do it

• It is very creepy. It's also super common so don't feel that bad...

What Girls Said 3

• Not really. Googling people you don't know is a modern day social norm. We have the internet and we have a majority of society that is so willing and eager to plaster their business, daily lifestyle, daily activities, and details about their careers on the internet. Of course people will be curious.

Now if it becomes a daily habit where you check in on Google to see what's going on, then you have a lurking problem.

• i don't think it's weird. or creepy.

• Lol I do that too from time to time. I think everyone does.