How to not be a jerk?

How can I not be a jerk? I always comment on things I find stupid and I use a lot of sarcasm. People think I'm a jerk for doing that, but I can't help it. It's like I have an urge to comment on things I find stupid.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's pretty hard if it comes naturally to you but just restrain yourself and find somewhere else to put the energy such as ignoring the stupid thing. it's easy to be mean but harder to have the perfect comeback and not say it. great for practicing self control ! :D

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a rare quality - a lack of tolerance for bullshit. Don't try to lose it.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a tendency to do the same thing, because I have a low tolerance for stupid. However, I do find that attempting to engage my sense of empathy before commenting, is helpful. 🙋

• Sarcasm doesn't translate well online. People on here don't get when u r joking and take everything literally. I would think of a wittier way to express yourself.

• I mean like overall in real life I also comment on things I find stupid.

• Just remember sarcasm is the lowest form of wit so it makes u look dumb to.

• Use your inside voice.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm a lot older than you and I'm the same way on the internet. Don't feel bad about it, stupid people need to be put in their place one way or another.