What do you think happens when you die?

I believe in science and truly believe that you just rot in the ground, however unsettling that may be...

Most Helpful Girl

• Eternity heaven or hell based upon the decisions one made to follow Jesus Christ's atonement or not.

You asked what people believed, no I cannot prove it any more than you could disprove it, I have the faith that this is what will happen after I die. Just because it cannot be proven doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, if you are knowledgeable in science, you don't 'believe' in it. Belief requires faith, whereas science doesn't. It states it's facts for all to see, and disprove.

That being said, in the philosophies that I personally follow, energy cannot be destroyed. So the energy of your being, the electrical impulses and run your body, has to go somewhere. I follow that this creates a cycle of reincarnation. And there are studies that show many children under five have memories of lives they had had before this one. They were able to give detailed accounts, and in some cases, explain how they were killed. One child even knew who killed him, how, and where his body was buried.

Interesting, huh?

• The energy that's in your body is no different than the energy holding atoms together in a rock...

Reincarnation can't exist because there are more people in the world today than there were in the past...

• @frozenhorizon Maybe it was a poor choice of words. I meant it like this; I personally can't make sense out of high level math. But it still works regardless of whether I can make sense of it or not.

• Thanks for the MH!

What Girls Said 10

• Don't even THINK about trying to find out. If that's where you are heading with this.

• fun afterlife! hopefully a cool afterworld where everything is nice and ideal. none of the hell bullshit tho, hopefully

• Eternity in heaven or hell

• I think your body rots and what makes you you, the you that has brain function and sees and feels and love is gone. Like blinked out of existence, gone and I think that's beautiful.

• Your soul leaves your body. If it's not your time to die you stay on earth as a soul until it's your time. If it is your time... It's either Heaven or Hell.

• Your spirit is finally free to travel wherever it wants.

• I'll either go to heaven or hell. Hopefully I'll go to heaven, I'm praying 😇😇

• You cease to exist just like you did not exist before you were born

• I see it literally as you stop to exist. Your brain is really a bunch of neurons firing away. And from there they just stop.

However I like the idea of reincarnation the best. But I can't really find it believable

• Probably eternal nothingness, I'm hoping for reincarnation though. Fingers crossed.

What Guys Said 15

• My soul leaves my exhausted husk, in search for a new and fresh one
    and the cyclus continues, until I reach what some people would call "godhood".

The soul leaves all memories behind, which is why we rarely remember past lives, although we once in a rare while receive glimpes in dreams.. and then there's the few of us, who people consider "geniuses" which are the souls who retains some memories.. ^.^

• Well your question is basically where are we going after death if anywhere?
    here's a link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife
    As you can see it lists all of the different religions views as well as science's view of the afterlife. I think a good question to ask yourself inorder to choose which one of them to accept is Where if anywhere did we come from? Human beings that is. In my opinion Science is the only practice which has developed a valid answer.

• I used to think you either go to heaven or hell, not so sure now. Hopefully we just come back as another person.

• My soul is going straight to Heaven!

• I'm gonna be like Mozart.
    Decomposing since 1791
    cdn-shop.threadless.com/.../636x460design_01.jpg

• Well to be fair. No XD
      Cos I'm on the organ donor list and have signed up to donate what's left of my corpse to be tested on my medical students. So there's that.

• I believe rest meaning i don't have to think, nor do anything anymore, however, i do not believe we simply dissipate. We are energy and a very abundant source too, the laws regarding energy are still set in place.

• Poop yourself if you have anything in your bowels. Possibly get a boner. Start to decay very slowly depending on climate and environment.

• i.ytimg.com/vi/VfW63ZX5NyQ/maxresdefault.jpg

You become reincarnated into a donut

• Yup, we are all maggot food in the future. But it kind of makes you enjoy life more knowing that in the end no one makes it out alive right.

• Consciousness permanently ceases to function.

That's it.

• I think you move on to the afterlife

• heaven or hell
    not really an option

• Probably complete darkness.

It's bad, yeah.

• Heaven or Hell (and dont say i dont know that for sure cuz neither do you)

• Your sense of self, personality, and identity vanish as the body, its life support system fails. Then that body rots away, and all that remains of you in the world are others' memories and the things you created and left behind. At least that's what I think. Opinions vary as you can see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GLU6wgTvL8