How to gain confidence?

I need help!! I am a really shy person. I have got a habit of only smiling and being confident when i am with my close ones or friends, family. When i am by myself, i can never smile or even make contact properly. while walking sometimes i look like i am about to eat everyone with teeth and sometimes because of nervousness i look like i am about to cry.

SO IF YOU KNOW HOW CAN I GAIN CONFIDENCE? HOW DO I WALK LOOKING UP WITHOUT MAKING ANY NERVOUS OR CRYING FACE?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just suck it up and put your best face on you will get use to it soon and when you get good results from strangers you will gain confidence

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes time. Been through the fazes of attempting to break out of my shell and its never easy.

What Guys Said 2

• Put on a mask, sounds like you have a "resting bitch face"... I've been accused of the same... you'll be alright.

• Talk to people but let's start off with simple answer questions like "what time is it?" "Do you know where's a Starbucks?" And so on

What Girls Said 1

• I have the same problem as you, I just think that if the person is going to judge me then she doesn't deverse to really get to know me so I just put a resting bitch face that is my normal face hahha