Insecure individuals: Have you ever had your looks made fun of in real life?

Just curious to read some answers.

I was never made fun of the way my face looks in real life, only my weight. Although that is fixed now, sometimes it's still difficult for me to see myself as a huge improvement from how I used to look.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah people have called me out on being fat (really just overweight at 28 BMI and I didn't think it was that visible with clothes).

They also bothered me about my mustache a lot because I started growing it (crappily I might add) in fifth grade.
    Also my hair cause it used to be long with long bangs that were just above my eyes and people always wanted me to show them my forehead and eyebrows but I always refused.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was always made fun of for my looks growing up I was always a bigger girl and I developed early. For some reason that made people feel entitled to be able to comment on my body. I was referred to as an 'it' by some boys in my gr 10 high school English class. It made me feel really bad about myself. I'm still dealing with the aftermath of that today.

For the most part I realize I'm not as bad as what they said. Looking back I was never that big. I remember restricting what I ate when I was in high school (eating way too few calories) just to keep my weight down.

I have a really hard time talking to guys because I feel like none of them will ever want me because I'm not good enough. Though I'at. Im trying to work past that. It's just really hard to do when that was my main interaction with guys. I learned to hide and avoid situations where I had to talk to guys. So I guess I kind of went into survival mode.

I hope people will think twice before ever saying anything like that to another person.

What Guys Said 16

• I get made fun of all the time, yet I'm not insecure about my looks, I'm quite content in my appearance. However some people just go to pieces when their looks are made fun of or they question constantly how they look.

• It happens, and it's sad when it does. A family member of mine is destroying her mental health worrying about her looks and she has never been called ugly before. She looks perfectly fine and right now all I can do is just keep telling her that she's beautiful.

There is no cure for this when you go too far, is there?

• I will show her this, thank you!

• You're welcome and I hope it helps. Some questions to ask her is: When did she first start to feel like this? Did someone say or do something that made her feel this way? Sometimes people can get triggered. She may have an unhealed wound too, from her childhood where she was teased about her looks.

• Oh yes, plenty. Most of it centered on me being skinny but a lot of it on my general level of attractivness - or lack there of.
    But not like I disagree much. I see myself as a 4/10 or 4.6 at most.

• I actually don't recall it ever happening to me.
    🤔
    I guess I should count myself lucky for having some great people around.

• Nope, never.

• Some people used to make inappropriate jokes about the fact that I have a slightly darker skin. They probably didn't mean no harm but their joke still sucked.

• Yes I have. I have had negative comments that I was too thin; too buff; too good looking; too gay; too athletic; too happy... etc. The best was "you think you're so cool." When that was said I was 16 and the last thing I thought about myself was that I was "cool." Don't listen to other people. They're just jealous.

• Yes, but I don't think it effected me, which is a bummer.
    I'm insecure based on my own desires for this physical shell despite not having the genetics to support the ultimate form I find to be beautiful.
    DEATHTRAP!

• hmm not really... I can remember one having made a stupid comment but apart from that... nope

• I'm kinda chubby, they made jokes about that. Once they realized that I couldn't care less what they told about me they stopped.

• people still mock me, insult my height, my looks, skin color.

• lol, I do that to myself sometimes - I like self-deprecatory humour

• Not these days but when I was younger I was fatter so it would come up rarely.

• Almost every day for being fat.

• Yup, but I don't care now. Because I see myself positively.

• No never.. maybe because i'm so confident !

• hmmmmmmmmmm

What Girls Said 26

• I have insecurities like most people, but I am very happy with my appearance and who I am as a person. My self-worth isn't gained by other peoples opnion of me, so even if someone did make derogatory comments to me , it would just go over my head.

Some people feel inferior , and have insecurities themselves so they bully other people about their appearance in an attempt to feel better about themselves.

• Yah... My mom teases me that I have a small chest. (I have a C cup which isn't small, but gosh it looks small on me. I'm not fat just tall with broad shoulders and a skinny torso) today a guy said I had no chest and it really stung. It felt like the wind was knocked out of me and I was blushing pretty bad. One of the most visible things that makes me a girl is not even good enough to be seen as decent.

• Yeah, people said my chin looked odd when I was in middle school. Doesn't bother me anymore though cause middle school is where everyone says so much immature bullshit that there is no point dwelling on it.

• I used to get poked fun at as a youngin' because I was really skinny, had really short hair, and acne. Ironically, two of the people who teased me for my looks tried to hit me up after I was out of high school.

#karmasucksdontit

• Yes, and I am older now but I still feel like people look at me the same.
    When guys look at me I think oh no they're probably looking at my pot belly..
    I had a big belly when I was really young and I don't now
    Actually people tell me that I am very attractive and "sexy" or "hot" and girls call me "gorgeous" guys too
    But I just don't feel like that because of how I was treated by my peers when I was younger. Also, it makes me feel less attractive now because I see everyone in relationships even if the girl is horrible, crazy, and treats them bad and I don't have a boyfriend..
    I try and I put my self out there because I'm social but still no fish are biting... :( so sorry for the mini rant but yes.

• I don't think so.

• Yes, for being too pale. A guy in high school got half of a class to laugh at me.

• Yes. Im a natural redhead (but have not seen my real hair color since 2004) and I was made fun of a lot for it. It got annoying. I went goth in 2004 and dyed my hair black then got made fun of for being goth lol. I love being who I am now (still goth but more punkish) but if Im ever rich I do plan on seeing a plastic surgeon so I can feel 10X better.

• Yes all the time as a kid... I have a lot of freckles, I had big boobs before they were cool, I was too skinny and had people put cookies in my school bag or they'd follow me to the bathroom to make sure I didn't throw up... middle schoolers can be nasty. Thank God I had the parents I did... when someone makes fun of you it's because they are insecure... has nothing to do with you.

• Lol absolutely. My entire 4 years of middle school. Wasn't as bad in high school and college but it still happened. And every now and then when I'm out I'll hear a snide comment.

• Yeah... I got made fun of because of my dimples, my eyes, my cheekbones, my weight because I am skinny, my height because I am short, used to get picked on because of my boob size but I now have bigger boobs than the people who laughed at me and my teeth.

• I now get complimented on my eyes (I think it is mostly because I have long, naturally curled lashes to frame them), I get complimented on my cheekbones more, I get complimented on my dimples a lot more, my teeth grew in the right places (I still need braces tho) and as I mentioned before, the people who used to pick on me for being 'flat chested' four years ago now want my boobs. Karma is awesome. Right now I just still hate my weight and height but I am currently working to build confidence in them.

• All my life growing up I've had my looks made fun of. People would taunt me and they were really nasty to me so that made me a tiny bit insecure. The real problem is with my judgmental ass family who me me feel like I have no worth and like I'm not good enough. So it's really because of them why my mind is so fucked up right now and I'm very insecure and don't even know how to take a compliment.

• Yes I was made fun of a lot back in elementary school. Mostly because of my body shape and because I was skinny. Now I'm in high school about to graduate soon I don't deal with being made fun of much anymore like I used too.

• That's good. ☺️

• Yeah I was bullied cause I wore glasses as well. And then high school came and my freshman year I had guys hitting on me and stuff and harassing me.

• When I was younger people made fun of my weight & called me anorexic because I was naturally very slim & struggled to put any on. Also, people have made fun of my nose.

• When I was over weight people did a lot.
    But now they can't do that lol

• (laughing)
    I model part time = situation "normal"

• hmm yea when I was in school xD

• haha yeah my mom gave me a hug last year back when i was overweight and told me i got fat. i appreciate the tough love in a way :D on my face? nope never, i'm the only one to have been insecure about my facial features

• Yes. Haha I've been made fun of because of my weight and I've been called ugly a few times

• all my life I have been mad fun of for my looks or whatever someone can think of

• Just once in school :PP he was a dick head beat him in arm wrestling wimpy pussy LOL xD

• Yes when I was younger

• Yeah, now and then. Mostly in middle school though, hasn't happened in years.

• In a school environment where there are young children interacting together, due to lack of maturity and ignorance, they will say dumb things to one another.

I know you can't forget everything that was said to you, but just remember that children are stupid. They need time to grow up.

• Oh, of course.

• Nope. That's just cruel.

• Yes all the time, people will find anything and home in on it. It sucks.