Should I break up with my boyfriend for this?

My "to be" boyfriend told me that my brothers wife talked to him, I asked him what of and he said, "cant tell you its a secret". Not long, after my brother got married to her I found she was flirting with other guys after he left to military training and I heard many bad rumors of affairs she's been having. He didn't know that I didn't like her so I told him and he still hasn't told me what they were talking about... Should I break up with my boyfriend since he would keep something like that from me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say yes. It doesn't really matter what the subject and details were. It is an issue of trust within a relationship. If you can't trust him, if he can't be open and honest with you and have concern for your feelings, then this is no good.

When you break up with him tell him that, that you only require open and honest communication. He may not get that.. he's young... young guys can be pretty dense. Or he may open up, who knows.

Just do it and find another fish...
    sorry to hear about your brothers situation, that is bad news...

Most Helpful Girl

• I just think there shouldn't be any secrets between couples, that he purposely is keeping it from you, you should be more important than your sister in law.

What Guys Said 11

• i'd lean towards yes. it shows that you can't trust him to be honest particularly with things that impact you and the people you love

even if we aren't the people actively cheating if we know a person is cheating there is a certain about of personal ethics that suggest we should do the right thing, ESPECIALLY when it involves multiple people we care about

• yes you should..

i know if my girl says to me " its a secret, can't tell you" by some dude she's been flirting with? im dumping her.

• I think so

• No you should break up with him since you dont trust him

• Why did this remind me of "of mice and men"?

• Go for it?

• What do you think is really going here? You think she's been cheating on your brother? DId i get the relation chain right?

• emerald says yes. ruby says yes. others who cares.

• It could be innocent, she could be helping him find a present for you? Or even choosing a ring to give to you.
    Give it a little time to see what happens.

• I'd say yes, who knows what's yet to come.

• yebreak up now

What Girls Said 10

• You have to confront him and if he doesn't open up then you need to exit that relationship asap. That's some shady shit right there.

• i think you should tell your brother that his wife is having an affair while he went for training... that's bad... and when it comes to your "to be" boyfriend... see where things go

• If u feel its the right thing to do!

• Yes. Toss him in the trash.

• If it was something affair related, he'd have made something up to throw your suspicions off. Not told you that it was a secret. Relax.

• What's a "to be" boyfriend?

• you would break up with him bc he won't tell u something like that? he's probably keeping a secret bc maybe she flirted with him or maybe he's teasing you or maybe it's just a dump secret and your waisting your time! just tell him it's bothering you he might not know about her cheating at all.

• I feel like she flirted with him just to piss me off lol

• Yes, you should. You know that's not okay from him to keep a secret

• No just let them know that you know and then the two of you make a decision

• Yes you should. He keep this a secret from you, imagine all the things he'll keep from you later. You should be really suspicious with him