Has something like this ever happened to anyone?

Okay so this has never happened to me until tonight. So I fell asleep for about 10ish minutes or so... I was in my bed. It was dark but not pitch black the street lights can seep into my window. I was finally resting. I could've sworn I opened my eyes a little bit because I saw a huge spider (the size of a soccer ball) coming down slowly towards my face. i know it sounds silly and funny.. anyways I screamed and closed my eyes and sat up. I screamed so loud I woke up my brother (he is a heavy sleeper by the way). He checked the room for me and their wasn't anything there. I was so scared that I was shaking and crying. I am scared of bugs but not that scared to where I scream and cry. what the heck.. ha.. has anyone had any similar situations?

Also, I hardly cry in general. I've never cried for being too scared either.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you had a waking dream. It is sorta like when you are partially awake, but still dreaming. They are terrifying because they feel so real. This commonly take the form of the persons fears. For that reason people having waking dreams often think they are being haunted, or that aliens are abducting them. Your fear of bugs, could be why it took the form of a spider.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was probably a sleep paralysis hallucination.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I was in a similar situation when I felt something furry on my face but when I awoke nothing was there. Its a combination of wakeing dreams (your dreaming but still concious) and probably optical illusion (your brain tries to find patterns so it probably pieced the various stimulie into a pattern of a spider).

• I had an actual cockroach running over my face when I was a kid.

• Maybe it was just a tiny tiny bug but was like hovering over your eye so it seemed huge. I don't think it's anything to be worried about you were just caught way off guard.

• Yeah probably haha! Thanks to that bug I can't sleep now Lol!

• minus the crying and screaming yes

What Girls Said 1

• yup I woke up and a huge cockroach was in my bathroom! I almost step on it. I scream so damn loud and than killed it.