Do you like lolita fashion?

Are you a lolita fashion fan? what do you like about it and do you find it sexual?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can and appreciate it, but it doesn't really interest me. Some of it is really well done and very classy or sexy. Most of it looks rather overdone

Most Helpful Girl

• you mean this?

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6b9d16052e.jpg

Then no, I'm not exactly a fan of it but I think it's great that people go out dressed like this if they really feel this style! I think if more people were that courageous society would be much less judgmental of minorities in terms of fashion/style (e. g. Lolita, Gothic, Punk, Streetstyle, Dapper).

• P. S. no, it has nothing to do with being sexual.
      Obviously there may be sexualised sub styles but the original lolita fashion is all about dressing in a pincessy way and in some way a kind of modern interpretation of the fashion of the victorian/baroque era in general.

• *Sends you all the lubs* <3

• @xXiTacoXx *blushes and sends lubs back* <3

What Guys Said 13

• No thanks, that's not for me.

• i don't like the lolita fashion... people who in the japanese culture (otakus) like lolis are sick... just like those who like furries

• >_> Anime "loli's" and actual Lolita's have nothing to do with each other. There are lot of people into the fashion who don't even like anime.

• @xXiTacoXx and i would most definitely hate her... i love death metal though

• She'd hate you too since she's not always fond of turds. :T

• i don´t like it. looks like some tacky, creepy, oldfashined doll. i´m not into it.

• nope.

• Yes, and only if age is over 18 for the second one. Well, sometimes at least.

• That's under age girls is it? They made a movie on that?

• Not at all.

• no, ugh.

• gothic lolita is kinda interesting

• Sometimes, I'm more interested in the book.

• I had to google it under images. Some of it looks nice with pretty dresses and colors. Most of them however seems really gaudy. I didn't see anything that seemed sexual about any of the ones I saw. If anything they show a lot less skin and curves than most current styles of clothing. Some just looked like trendy but conservative dresses, which are the ones that I liked. The ones that I like are the ones where they just look like ladies. Unfortunately about 90% of them looked like they were made for a child's doll.

• There are different substyles of Lolita. The ones you might be talking about liking are Classic, Country, and Gothic Lolita. The really girly over the top ones are Sweet Lolita's (I'm apart of that subgenre because l like over the top girly looking pastel things). :T

• I'm not a pedophile... Yuck.

• never heard of it

What Girls Said 13

• The whole 'lolita' idea makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I like the style of the clothing sometimes but others, it can be far too overdone.

• It's about being over done. Have you seen the Rococo and Victorian era's? The clothing is based of off those times when being over the top meant you had money and were aristocratic. xD

• LOL paging @xXiTacoXx

But I do like the trend. It's so pretty! I don't get people who say it's sexual though. Part of what makes the style so interesting is that it's about how the clothes look. Not how they appeal to the other gender.

• I like it, it's cute.

• don't like it... its to girly in my opinion... am more of a casual outfit fan

• I am actually a bit of a fan of it. I mostly think it's cool and edgy style. I like to dress myself up like a doll a lot.

• I'm actually into the Lolita fashion, and there's nothing sexual about it. It's a modest fashion based on the Rococo and Victorian era's. We try to keep ourselves covered from head to toe. People need to educate themselves better on a fashion before saying something about it just because of them name. Did you know people still name their kids Lolita because it was a simple name before it was written into a book/movie? It's just a name, but people in the west automatically point the name to something disgusting. That's like saying all girls who are named Jackie are whores just because you got a lap dance from a whore at a strip club named Jackie.
    http://www.lolitafashion.org/what_is_lolita.html

• a1 = Some of it but definitely not all
    a2 = Only a fan of outfits that aren't crazy overdone
    a3 = I like that it can look dark or beautiful or elegant or street.
    a4 = Where I wear something + why I am wearing it, make clothes sexual to me.

• I think it would be really cute on little girls. on adults it's a little creepy.

• and I'm not saying this in a racist way, but it's extra creepy when white women do it. I'm guessing because the japanese women have baby faces, whereas you can more easily tell the white women are too old for what they're wearing.

• I don't know what that I'd but it sounds interesting

• No lol

• it can be very pretty... and i don't think it -has- to be sexual.

• I'm not a fan.

• sexual no. it depends on the type of Lolita. most of it is ugly and obnoxious. but I've seen a couple cute ones.