Do you believe you get wiser by age or you're just wrong longer?

Can you be young and wiser than a person who's older than you?

Why or why not?

• You get wiser by age
  • You can be wise any age
  • results

Most Helpful Guy

• You "can" get wiser with experience. But you have to actually reflect on the experience to gain wisdom. Many people will go through life without reflecting on their experience and become an old fool. Wisdom is something that has to be fought for. Older people simply have more experience to learn from so they are usually wiser but there are wise young people and foolish old people in the world.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe EXPERIENCES make you wiser. It just so happens that as you age, you have more experiences, and often times have more wisdom than a younger person. Having said that, a young person who has gone through many experiences of their own can be equally as wise.

What Guys Said 18

• typically wisdom increases and develops with experience in life

• You can get wiser with age, but you have to be willing to accept that people think differently than you do and may have legitimate reasons for it. You also have to be humble about it. Being right is no reason to violate form.

• Being wiser just means you have experienced more in certain situations, it has nothing to do with age.

I am 44 and have experienced quite a few things, but I have not experienced everything!

You are 21, and could have much more life experience than I in certain areas, so it seems reasonable that if I need advice regarding something that I am not familiar with, then I would come to you, the wiser one among us!

• Trial and error. As long as you learn from your mistakes, you get that much smarter. You can be 90 years old, and never learned. Wisdom and age does not go hand in hand.

• Wiser than you were in the past? Probably. Wiser than someone younger than you? Not necessarily. Some people seem to think they are somehow superior / smarter just because they're older. Often, they're wrong. You could be 900 years old, but if you've spent them on your couch watching Teen Mom or some shit, you're probably not much wiser than an average 20 year old.

• Yeah, you can. It all depends on how much you put yourself out into the world and experience life.

I know teenagers who have wisdom and maturity beyond their years. At the same time, I know a few adults who are even as old as 50-something who have been sheltered and spoiled their whole lives and act like children.

• Like Donald trump😂 You're all fuckin losers. Someone punch that guy in the mouth!

• your capacity for wisdom is limited by age. doesn't mean you necessarily obtain it, just that there's only so much you can have at certain stages of life.

• you gain experience with age. based on your intelligence, you could draw more lor less wisdom from that. so if you´re horribly stupid, you won´t get much wiser with age :P you just know more stuff. knowing stuff isn´t equal to wisdom.

• Depends what the older person made with it's time, and what the younger does.
    It's def a reality, younger people being wiser.

• Most baby boomers are so wrong in their views of the modern world. I'm wiser than them about the modern world.

• You do get wiser with age, but it doesn't mean that an elder person is wiser than a younger one necessarily, it just means that an elder person is wiser than his/her younger self.

• There will always be someone making bad decisions. In my case age has made me wiser. I made a lot of stupid mistakes in my youth and when you're young things don't matter as much... like time. But time creeps up on you and you turn around and you realize you wasted precious time on bad choices. You can also make good decisions as a young person, I suggest you ask your elders for advice whenever possible.

• you get wiser by life experience. and mostly from problems and worst times

• No you don't get wiser by age. Only if you want to.

• Considering how wars, famine and poverty still exist, age has no correlation with intelligence.

• Depends on if you choose to forget stuff.

• Here's the one thing I know about the thing you're certain about: you're wrong.

• Generally people get wiser with age, but I've gotten dumber with age, lol

What Girls Said 8

• You learn through experience. So wisdom is not necessarily paired with age, as many older people lived very sheltered, overly conservative lives that exposed them to only familiar territory.

• I think it depends on individual experiences, but in general, we do get wiser with age. We get more perspective, and we've learned from more experiences.

• You can be wise any age

• Anyone can be wise at any age. The only difference is you become wiser through the experiences you face as you get older. Those are what make the difference with knowledge most of the time.

• Some people yes, but I seen tons of elderly people that are too stubborn of changing their views. Well everyone can be stubborn at any age.

• it depends on the person lol. some people never learn.

• depends on the person but if you learn from experiences well then you get wiser the older you get. i'm obsessed with wisdom, like i can't WAIT till i'm 70 with wrinkles that's experienced most of what life can give me.

• Obviously you can be wise at 14 cause look at me😁