Can I rent a car for drivers test?

I am taking my drivers test tomorrow and I do not have a car. Well i do but it's smashed and my mom will not let me use her's so i was going to get my dad to rent me a car and I could drive it for the test, but i was researching and people are saying that the dmv won't allow you to drive a rental car or that you have to be licensed and all this other crap. I just need to know

Most Helpful Guy

• if you are 18 - 24 you may not be able to rent a car at all. a lot of car rental places require renters to be 25. and if you don't have a license then you can't rent a car for sure. now if your dad is willing to rent under his name you do have a different situation on hand. i don't know (or remember) if you have to show proof of insurance and registration at a driver's test

you should just call the DMV to ask them

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know my test made me show registration.
    I just drove my dads car.

What Guys Said 4

• You cannot legally drive a rental car because you don't have a license to drive. Your dad won't be able to put you rental to drive with no license. You should ask a friend or another family member to borrow a car. How bad is your car. It doesn't matter if it is smashed from the side or back as long as the lights in the back or front for when your braking and turning.

• well I don't see how that would be a problem. all you need is a car to drive, not like they verify if you own it or not, sure as hell didn't when I took my driver's test. she just got in the car and started ordering me around.

• They will not rent a car to someone unlicensed, and your father will be violating terms of the rental by letting you drive it.

• You can't, you're not 25.

• I'm wrong, if you are living in the United States and are under 25 it's possible but pricey.

What Girls Said 1

• I drove a rental car for my test. As long as your dad can get you the car (as you're under 25 and cannot rent one or it would be very expensive), you should be fine.