Based on personal experience, do you feel that girls actually do mature quicker than boys?

Don't base it off of studies, just your own personal experience.

• Yes, I feel that they do mature quicker than boys
  • No, I think boys mature more quickly than girls
  • No, I feel that they mature at about an equal rate

Most Helpful Guy

• this is controversial, but guys and girls mature in different mental and physical areas than the other for example:
    -guys desire the opposite gender earlier than girls.
    -guys have the ability to have common sense over simple obvious things than girls
    -girls tend to focus on school or other certain things better than guys
    -girls tend to easily judge certain things in negative ways and guys dont (like masturbation for one example)
    -guys are more open to sex than girls
    -girls mature physically faster than guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do feel that. But it also depends on the person

• Had to scroll a lot for this...

It depends a lot on the type of person they are... there is childishness in both genders

• @mikemx55 Yeah, that's true. But I used to notice this more when I was younger, actually. From 12yo to 15yo I remember there were some guys really childish and immature. Now, the guys I know are usually more mature.

What Guys Said 34

• based on personal experience...

fuck no.

• based on my experiences yes and studies do show that they do mature both physically and emotionally faster than boys

• Considering how girls keep on falling for abusers and players and how they keep on going back just to be abused and cheated on, or how more often then not, girls are loosing their virginity at 13 aware of the risks, on drugs, going to clubs, getting pregnant, dropping out of school, etc. point is that I think that the study on a girls emotional maturity is inconclusive.

• @Sabretooth that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't mature. it really doesn't. it may speak to naivete. it may speak to the fact that by the numbers men are more likely to be abusers.

the simple fact is science shows unequivocally that women mature both mentally and physically sooner than man... it's nothing to be defensive about for me we catch up soon after, women just start sooner

• Yes they do. They have growth spurts before the boys, they grow boobs before the boys start looking like men. They even develop crushes at a younger age.

• I voted A although in my experience with women your age they tend to mature these days at a slower rate then boys. I think the media has a lot to do with it as does social media as well.

• Only at certain ages.

0 through 6 guys mature faster. After that, girls pass them by slowly
    and seem more mature around 10 through 15, after which it's about the same level of maturity.

• If by "mature" you mean die mentally then sure. There's this saying of how most people die at the age of 25 and isn't buried till they are 75.
    From what I've seen girls die mentally way earlier. They stop having fun , stop being adventurous and start compromising for security.
    Guys stay young MUCH longer.
    funnyand.com/.../Boys-never-grow-up.jpg

• The do, but only in a certain way. Her speech and emotional manipulation tactics will be far more developed.

• its why younger girls go after the older guys, the ones there age are still in that eat sex sleep stage and girls see that as pointless crap at there age way before a guy does lol.

if you people want this to change you younger guys have to step your game up and stop acting like girls are things you toss to the side till your bored and need something to do. but i doubt you guys will lol.

• Older does not equal maturity

• It's the fault of the older generation. Without any positive male role model in a girls life, all she'll have to guide her are hormones and fairytales. Granted they may have God (if they are taught) even if the father is around and being a good role model, he spoils her, and let's her have her way with every thing. All those issues makes these issues inevitable.

• @Sabretooth thats true i won't argue that point.

• Only in the physical aspect. In my experience, guys have mentally matured faster.

• Yes and no. Girls do mature socially earlier, but there is more to maturing than just being socially adept.

• From what i know anybody who 'matures' quicker just doesn't know or forgot how to have a laugh and enjoy themselves. Its always the boring bastards going on about growing up. I think its jealousy. Boys just know how to have fun better than girls for the most part

• I didn't think so in the past, but now I do.

• They mature faster but not for longer.

• No, on the contrary, it's debatable as to whether or not most women ever "mature" in the first place.

• I think they have pressure to be ladylike and in a way that translates to maturity so they seem more mature even though they aren't.

• Until a girl and a boy hits 20 i think girls definitely have the upper hand on maturity. After its the other way around. I know women my age that still behave as if they are 20.

• noooooooo
    that's a huge lie women are actually less mature at a young age than men
    especially when women get in there 20s OMG most of them are so stupid

• I think it is about equal

• They do, but then fall for the same dumb shit, like the same player lines over and over. lol. :D

• Yes of course they do

• maybe, yes.

• From my experience they do.

• women mature quicker than men but hit their maturity ceiling younger, so they're pretty much stuck in 18 year old mode for the rest of their lives.

• yes.

• No
    Nowa days i think most mature super slowly
    Girls act like they are in a disney movie and guys act like dumb idiots

• In general, yes.

• yes, put purely physically.

• Yes I think they do. I'm 23 but I'm 12..

• Absolutely. Specially mentally

• Yeah they mature so much that they turn 35 years old and say how romantic the Notebook is.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 10

• I do believe we mature faster than boys, but I also believe that in most cases it is more of the fact that we mature at faster rates in different areas or ways.

• Oh, yeah, definitely.

• Its a so-so thing! lol I am like a 12 year old girl in a women body! haha!

• Yes absolutely; it's my own opinion and a known fact..

• It is proven we do, and I think we do. For example, young guys almost never date older girls but girls almost always date older guys, because they're more mature.

• girls mature faster boys for the most part never grow up

• Yes because we start puberty and end puberty three years earlier than boys.

• Yeah, of what I've experienced personally, most girls seem to mature faster than boys

• do you even science

• Girls mature faster physically and intellectually. Their mental and emotional maturity doesn't always apply.
    They can be so intelligent, and they can reach the peak of their puberty faster than guys, but the rest is difficult to determine. Some females are very emotionally mature, but others are unstable due to the high level of hormones in their body. I think the emotional maturity rate is even or similar to a guy.