Do you think GTAV will work on my laptop?

Here are the features:

It's lenovo G50
Intel core i5
Amd radeon graphics 4GB
8GB Ram
1TB HDD
2.20GHZ (4 CPUs)
Windows10 - 64 bit

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt anything past low settings.. probably could run

Most Helpful Guy

• All I can say is, best of luck. My desktop can barely run Sims 4 without taking shortcuts. My 2-in-1 laptop overheats running it. And Sims 3? I rarely touch that game on the desktop anymore, because it runs so slow, even with edge smoothing turned off.

My laptop outright crashes almost every single time I run Sims 3, so it's impractical to run it. And that's when trying to run simple sets, like the farm set from "Gray Champion: Shaken Dust" (which is why it's taking me so long to get a better poster made than the crappy one I have now.)

When I attempt to run "Sodality: Vindication" with a working model of SWCC set up as an apartment (though it's supposed to be a women's prison) and most of Team Hornet as inmates... the desktop (2010 HP p6540y) runs like molasses and the laptop (Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1, 2014 model) crashes hard. As in, BSODs. From overheating.

If I have that much grief just trying to run Sims, to gain essential shots of characters (I'm clueless with Lightwave and Blender), and there are only so many stock models out there willing to work on my terms, then I have very little faith in GTA running. (Let alone my limited modding capabilities.)

I would love to make Ciem and Musaran battle in the streets of Liberty City doubling as Houston, as they do in "Sodality: Adaptation." But... without a devout follower who can mod, I don't see it ever happening.

I know it's possible in theory, as I've seen Spider-Man and Supergirl in GTA5 quite often on YouTube. In fact, I've even seen the Red Samurai Power Ranger battling the Hulk! But very few have ever heard of Ciem, so that much reduces my odds.

Most of your specs look okay for GTA... but I'd err on the side of caution. It's very hard to get a refund on PC software.

What Girls Said 1

• Hm, I think it would be possible? Maybe not on high settings though

What Guys Said 18

• The Ram is fine

4gb graphics? An external gpu or something? It would be nice to have more info on that

HDD irrelevant

The Cpu though. . . it's only 2.2

that 2.2 I don't know what kind of i5 that is but generally for gaming 3.0 + is the way to go in my opinion

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

www.game-debate.com/.../index.php

have a look at the requirements ^

Generally if it's not a gaming laptop it ain't going to handle any game well

• how can I find the more detailed info for my videocard?

• I found something: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330

• mm. . . I had a look its just the small integrated graphics chip (standard for laptops). At best I'd see it getting around 18 FPS max (it probably won't be able to hit that) that's with all settings at the lowest

Remember you can get yourself a low-end desktop for gaming for around £300

• MAYBE it could run on low settings. What I am concerned about is the CPU gigahertz strength.

To put it into perspective, my computer is 3.6GHz quad core with 4GB of RAM, and it can barely run a Nintendo Wii emulator at full strength.

A game that is PS4/XBOX One quality or higher with a PC weaker than mine, is a long shot for it to run at decent frame rates even at low graphics settings on GTA V.

• According to Rockstar

Minimum specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
    HDD Space: 65GB
    DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 8GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
    HDD Space: 65GB
    DVD Drive

• TBH I am scared to download it, because it's 65GB and it will last for days to download it. And then I will try and say "OMG ITS SO SLOW, I WISH I didn't DOWNLOAD IT". I'm afraid of this.

• Don't download it on a PC you use everyday. It's better to have a gaming PC.

• It will run GTA V but my concern is the Radeon R5 M330, since it's an entry level graphics card, but you still should be able to run GAT V between low/medium settings. FYI your processor isn't a quad core, it's actually a dual core with with hyperthreading, meaning it has two physical cores and four logical cores, but still will be enough since the minimum CPU requirements for GTA V is a Core 2 Q6600 which is about 20-25% slower than the i5 your laptop has.

• Than buy a physical copy you can install from disk. Still will be around 65gb but will require no downloading to install.

• I had an A10 2.2ghz (2.3 with TB) 8GB ram laptop overclocked and running Rust just fine as I laughed at everyone and their brother running at 20-30fps on their so-called gaming PCs... mind you I was running it at a lower resolution then most but I ran a semi-smooth 60fps with @ 40fps during spikes.

If I can do that, I'd bet money I could get your rig to run GTAV just fine with some optimizations.

• download/install the game and play around with it until you get it running as best you can.

• do you have a good download tor**** file? where did you download it from, please help me. it's a very big file and I don't want to deal with broken game files.

• 'Amd radeon graphics 4GB''

Care to be more specific mate?

• that's the video card, isn't it?

• That being said I doubt the asker's laptop will run it very well heh.

• @frozenhorizon because of the massive amount of Ai and askers... "Lacking" processor, that's why I said what I did,

I could say the same, I got an i7 6700k / G1 980ti so I have absolutely no problem destroying this game on ultra, but, I realise the majority of people cannot do that is all.

• Yeah it will run. Can't say much about fps though. My laptop has a GTX 860 ti and Plays it easily at 60 fps. by the way its 4 cores. There's just on physical CPU in there :P

• I'd say it will run on medium low settings.

• Lol just try it. No need to fear.

• 0|0
  • Having been in the computer industry for more than 15 years I can tell you. That particular game. Will barely tun. The particular Lenovo laptop. That you are using is not designed for gaming. It's designed for productivity.

• You mean, making graphics and programming by productivity right? I also have a question, could any GTA 5 developer work with this laptop to develop GTA 5. Programmers, 3D designers etc.

• Unfortunately no, your laptop has a gpu that is not designed for professional applications and the necessary 3d modeling. You have a Radeon, and what would be needed is a fire pro, or a quadro. The reason for this is application support. Programs like 3ds Maxx and Maya don't support cards like yours because of poor openGL support.

• ohh I wil break this laptop with my gun :@

• Sounds about as good as medium to high medium settings should work fine kljust chek the minimum requirements that they recommend and fire it up

• It will work on high settings :)

• It might run without crashing, but honestly it will probably be very sluggish

• Hmm, it would run it, but definitely with lag. Quite sure there would be a lot. By the way, *if* you didn't already know, you can also upgrade laptops. Real' easy.

• so, what do I need for non-rag running gtav?

• Yes.

• yea but on low settings and not 1080p

• It could on lowest settim

• How do you know what all parts are in your computer? How did you find this info if it is an old laptop? Is there somewhere on your computer you can look?

• Who said it's an old laptop? Just run the dxdiag command on Start.